It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHMADINEJAD at Columbia University - full transcript

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I read the whole script. Ahmadinjad pussy footed around on almost every question. " Do you seek the Destruction of Israel", if he really didn't, couldn't he just say "No I was misquoted" as so many on here say. "Why do you execute homosexuals" his answer "We don't have homosexuals".

I cannot see how any educated person can think this was good dialogue and be comforted by what this man says.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Iran's homosexual rights are a valid issue. I'm sure there are dozens executed each year for trying to live their life in the way that the truely feel.

But, I don't see how this can overpower the issues of his vaild points of America's foreign policy in the region and the negelct to report the FULL STORY about and behind the issues surrounding the wars in the middle east.

Why does everyone here focus on the statement of homosexuals and his belief in the holocaust and neglect the fact that there's been estimates of 70,000 civilian deaths since the inception of this War on Terror?

Does his belief in the holocaust and a few dozen Iranian homosexual's death outweight 70,000 civilian deaths due to the War on Terror?

The truth of the matter is that the mainstream media will avoid discussion of Ahmadinejad's statements about America's foreign policy in the region with every ounce of their strength because it's undeniable.

EDIT: for numerical correction.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This guy seems like a genius in comparison to Bush.

He handles himself very, very well. He's definitely earned my respect (not to say that I agree with his views).

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In regards to my statement above, I'd like to clairify...

I mean no disrespect to those that were lost in the holocaust. It was a horrific event that should never be denied or forgotten. Those that were lost deserve remembrance and should be recognized as martyrs.

But, even as I type this, there is a modern day holocaust (or, at the very least - massive genocide) going on in the middle east that our government, in perpetrating this War on Terror, is supporting. We have the power to end it and prevent further loss of lives.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by u2r2h

What I find interesting about his visit to the college is that they took an opportunity prior to his speech to discredit him. Why would you invite a leader of another nation to your college to only criticize him? Unless!!! his visit was being used for some upcoming political agenda. It doesn't make sense to me. I watched the full event and realized that the only person who made sense was the Iranian President. The College administrators we're using the media's propaganda to criticize him even though they know that the media is still pursuing the Bush agenda. All the Iranian President was saying was that the holocaust and 911 should be further investigated. I AGREE!!! As far as the attacking Isreal comment he has made in the past, Has anyone realized that without that sentiment in his own country he would not be the President of Iran. The real power in Iran rests with the Clerics who openly state that Isreal should be destroyed. Ahmadinejad knows that the only way he can remain in power is to tote their anti-semetic rhetoric. As far as their nuclear ambitions are concerned: If they are pursuing a nuclear weapon, It is only being done with the help of Nuclear power's. America has this problem of attacking the little guy but leaving the big guy unharmed. If Iran is producing nuclear weapons then why has America not went after N.Korea and Russia. The truth probably is that they don't have the capability but are afraid that if they allow others in the middle east to know this then this would open Iran up for an attack from Isreal. Think about it Isreal just lobbed bombs at Syria do you think Iran wants the same thing to happen to them. The truth is that the Arab countries are afraid of Isreal and not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
We have the power to end it and prevent further loss of lives.

We opened the flood gates, yes. The only way to end it is install another evil dictator back in power (paradoxically).

There is not a doubt in my mind though, that Iran is infiltrating Iraq and arming militias (along with other Middle Eastern countries). So his "concern" means nothing. His only concern is that he has influence in Iraq.

Also, the fact that he really didn't answer questions that is plaguing the West speaks for himself. Many on here cry that he is misinterpreted or misquoted yet when he is given the opportunity to say it himself he NEVER says it. He has posters on weapons that say Death to America and Death to Israel. And nobody knows what the hell he thinks about the Holocaust because he always white washes it.

Like I said, this was not beneficial. It did nothing. The only people it will pacify is the extreme left (you already read his praises on here which is for the most part a far left web site).

And, yes, him executing homosexuals and treating women badly does matter. It shows that Israel truly is the closest thing to a Western country in that dust bowl.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
True, Iran is supporting militias in Iraq. And it's because he doesn't want another U.S. installed government in the area to cause more politcal wars and dominate the middle east's agenda.

They've had Anti-American festivals every year for decades since America backed Iraq in the Iraq/Iran War. Ahmadinejad cannot be blamed for the Anti-American that the country now holds.

Please don't try to derail a thread with off-topic statements on American political parties. It has no bearing on this discussion. Liberal, Democrat, Conservative, Republican, Liberterian, Green, or Whig ... what do any of those have to do with Iran and the American Foreign policy that has dominted the region since the mid 50's?

I agree that gay's and women's rights do matter.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by time2getbusy
The truth is that the Arab countries are afraid of Isreal and not the other way around.

Indeed.
But that is not what Israel and the US gov't want everyone to think.

Just adding...
Now, imagine a palestine warrior trying to bomb/kill a dozen of jews in Israel. If I am that warrior and I know that my enemy has lot´s of A-Bombs and militar support from the west ready to strike my house/country/family then I must have a PRETTY GOOD REASON to try and kill the jews... wouldn´t you all think that?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Please don't try to derail a thread with off-topic statements on American political parties. It has no bearing on this discussion. Liberal, Democrat, Conservative, Republican, Liberterian, Green, or Whig ... what do any of those have to do with Iran and the American Foreign policy that has dominted the region since the mid 50's?

The reason for the iranian president being here and speaking is saying he should be allowed to HAVE nuclear weapons/power. Sure, he can talk about Western influence in the region all he wants, but he is side stepping the issue. Does he want the destruction of Israel? (He didn't really answer). Does Iran have human rights issues? (Yes obviously). Is Iran a funadmentalist nation? (Yes). Does Iran want the US out of the Middle East? (Yes) Those are the issues at hand. If a nuclear weapon held by Iran will create more of an unstable Middle East, and he cannot explain his threats or statements, then why should the world support Iran's quest for nuclear power/weapon?

Also, ironically you said he is supporting insurgents in Iraq so he can stop a pro-US government there once again. Why are you defending one country interfering in a country and saying another one cannot? One can say, the US is installing these governments in the Middle East so Islamic fundamentalism does not take over the region and secularism does.

I wasn't bringing up political parties, I was bringing up the far left. The far left will be pacified by this, while the moderates of the left are less biased and will not be.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
He is betting on the fact many Americans will misinterpret his words.

His statement about Homosexuals is clearly an evil joke. He is referring to the fact that Gay's are executed when found out. Their form of don't ask, don't tell.

He never answers the question about the destruction of Israel. He does a little verbal jig instead. He completely evaded that question. He succeeded in fooling the naive' though.

His statement about the IAEA reports is a bald faced lie. They never reported any such thing. That is why we have the UN Sanctions.

He is what I expected. A power mad little weasel who thinks we are all stupid or he would not have played those little word games and did a dance around the questions.

Everyone really should find a good quality video and watch it. His facial expressions are very important to his words. If I were in Israel I would not be encouraged by his words. The fact that he never actually answered the question about Israel means the answer was yes to me. This was pure propaganda for him to show at home to fool his own people. He does not care what we think. He has cut his people off from the outside world so who knows what they will see.

He can now return to killing Gay's and stoning Women to death. Check out the Amnesty International Report and bear in mind for every event they know about there are others they do not.

Don't expect any accurate information on the Internet either. They are cut off from the world for the most part.

Amnesty International Report
In October and November, scores of journalists, particularly Internet journalists, were arbitrarily detained in connection with their work and especially following publication of an appeal by around 350 signatories, calling for political reform. Those detained were expected to face trial in the following months. They included Javad Gholam Tamayomi, Shahram Rafihzadeh Rouzbeh and Mir Ebrahimi. In December many of those arrested reportedly confessed while in detention, but later told a government body that these confessions were extracted under duress.

Everyone should read the whole report so you know what kind of Country Iran is. To defend it, is in and of itself a form of evil. Iran's leaders are anything but decent people.

The absolute height of absurdity is his comment about Women-

The Iranian people are free. Women in Iran enjoy the highest levels of freedoms.

I refer you back to the Amnesty International Report. Just a week ago I watched a tape of the Stoning to Death of two Women smuggled out of Iran by members of the opposition. I wish I had a copy so you could watch it just before watching this Monster speak.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The reason I say that Iran can influence the region and the U.S. cannot is implied to be ironic being that it's the middle east and Iran's backyard and the U.S. has been influencing the region for decades. Why is it that the U.S. can and Iran cannot? I don't believe the U.S. should be there at all - never SHOULD have been. And neither did any other middle east country before the war (other than Israel). Now since the war is in it's full stages, most Iraqis admit that the U.S. can not leave the country in the state that it's currently in. How convienient.

Also, as we're talking about sponsor's of terrorism. Let's look at our allies means of destabilizing the region in order to establish a internal conflict that will entrentch our forces for decades to come:

British SAS Forces Stage Terror Attacks

Liberators?

Doesn't sound like the events that people looking to free a country would condone. Why would Britian condone such acts. If these act were carried out by a couple rogue agents, why the display of such force to get them back so quickly?

Because it tears a country apart and instigates internal conflict.

War = Money for the Central Banks of the World. Central Banks of the world control governments and foreign policy.

All that you've been told is a lie. The War on Terror was staged since it's inception. It's been planned well before 9/11.

I'm not Pro-Iran. I'm anti-war. Stop the sabre-rattling - stop the war - stop the corruption - stop the foreign policy! It brings death to the populations and prosperity nad power to the elite.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Maybe you'd like to send your son or daughter, or brother over there so that America can "free" Iran of it's evil dictator?

Who made America the police of the world? What about the atrocities in China? They have the bomb? There are half a dozen countries in the world that have worse living standards and punishments than Iran. Why not foucs on these countries? It it because they don't have the oil?

So, maybe Iranians should take their country back? It's not our job to see to it. We have an ally in Israel. Protect them. But that's about as far as our "long arm" should reach.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The fact remains that it is OUR political parties who have created the quagmire in the middle east. It is our foreign policy that has revealed our TRUE intentions in the middle east. It is OUR ideology the inspires countries to want to attack Isreal. It is OUR people who trained Osama Bin Ladin. It is OUR weapons that have been supplied to these nations to attack us. It is OUR technology that has inspired other nations to equipt themselves for battle. It is OUR government that is not working towards peace. Do you see the underlying factor behind what is happening in the Middle East? The problem can't be resolved through bombing or installing other leaders in their nations. Fixing problems being at home!!! Why pluck the stick out of their eyes when we have a Beam in our own?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Maybe you'd like to send your son or daughter, or brother over there so that America can "free" Iran of it's evil dictator?

I never said a word about attacking Iran???? Please read my post before attacking me. I just commented on the speech and Iran in general.

Chill dude you will pop a gasket for no reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
there were some amazing quotes in that speech. It's a shame the homosexual comment is the only thing mentioned in the media, and ultimately led to the main reason for discrediting the entire speech.

This quote was just mind blowing:

Realities of the world are not limited to physical realities. And the material is just a shadow of supreme realities, and physical creation is just one of the stories of the creation of the world. Human being is just an example of the creation that is a combination of the material and the spirit.
And another important point is the relationship of science and purity of spirit, life, behavior and ethics of the human being. In the teachings of the divine prophet, one reality shall always be attached to science. The reality of purity of spirit and good behavior, knowledge and wisdom is pure and clear reality. It is -- science is a light. It is a discovery of reality, and only a pure scholar and researcher, free from wrong ideologies, superstitions, selfishness and material trappings, can discover the reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OK, here is my take. Ahmadinejad is a fairly skilled speaker. I personally think he is a snake and cannot be trusted. I thought however the introduction by prez of Columbia was disrespectful to a visiting dignitary, regardless of how "evil" he may be. I don't understand why he is harshly criticized for wanting an end to Israel. He didn't say he wanted the jews annhilated, he simply wants there illegal nation dissolved and returned to palastine.I had friends in undergrad who were both Israeli and Palestinian, and my opinion is that the Palestinians were there first and the country should be theirs. The west stepped in after WWII and gave the jews land that did not belong to them, which in my belief is the root of all the our problems in the region. obviously that bridge has been burnt and there is no going back, but i wonder if we would if the Jews and Arabs would be living in peace right now if Israel had never been formed.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I apologize for jumping the gun, but you did launch a verbal attack in the statement:

To defend it, is in and of itself a form of evil. Iran's leaders are anything but decent people.

I'm sorry for jumping you like that. Like I've stated in the posts above ... I'm not exactly Pro-Iran, I'm just tired of this endless war and mudslinging. I guess I took offense that it could be seen as more propaganda that could be utilized to sway public opinion towards action with Iran.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
People who say Ahmadinejad is bad are because for the past 4 years he has been quoted from various sources as being an extremist in his ideas.

People on this website and across the world here of the same stories, maybe not the fault of the viewers if they hear a second hand story through the news. But you cannot blame FOX news or American media about this guy only, the UK and European channel news state the same facts. Are they wrong? Is it a conspiracy maybe the language is so different that it cannot sound kind in translation which ever language it’s in.

Okay for a start, these views not coming from America but European news, BCC and others for example, this guy has been quoted as coming across as an extremist.

His comments have been for example that God made the Columbia shuttle crash because it had a Jew on it as a way of punishment.

He has also stated the denial of the holocaust, some people may agree on here who knows, he did state that the number was a fifth of what history claims. But the Jews in Iran have always lived there before Islam came around and many have fled since and every other minority, the only reason Jews are allowed because they were there before Islam in Iraq.

Also he wants Israel wiped off the map just when he is making Nuclear energy like it's that would not stir a bit of fear in people. Maybe he means something else but I doubt it.

Also he is waiting for his 12th Madi (prophet) to arrive when there is persecution against Iran and great threat coming his way whist he honours his self destruction no matter how many people in Iran get hurt.
Even the Iranians are complaining. Which he also mentioned in the transcript and do people here realise what he meant?

Okay if all this is wrong then how is it all getting negative feed back to us, is he playing translations of the language games to say come get me so we really will use nuclear weapons which they could have got from Russia who knows. But the risk is there built in his fundamental religious ways.

To me he seems like he wants war upon his country because around him like the American illuminati, they have in comparison fundamentalists wanting the world to become Islamic as his own religion requires. The two could meet in-between as I think the illuminati and the Islamic laws both hold to the same agenda, which will take your freedoms always, as we know it and dump Christianity out and open the door of hell on earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by u2r2h
Again, he HINTS AT 911 INSIDE JOB :

Wow, then it must be true!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
this truly shows the fredom ofAmerican , that we wouldletone of the worlds biggest monsters comehere and speak and take qquestions.

Actually, it shows just the opposite. It shows how weak we are because he should have been arrested immediately upon arriving in the U.S. or at the very least, his plane should have went 'missing'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join