It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA imagines Earth-like worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

NASA imagines Earth-like worlds

www.msnbc.msn.com

Astronomers have yet to find an Earth-size planet beyond our solar system, but that hasn't stopped them from modeling what these worlds might look like.

A new catalog of 14 types of such planets, some fantastical, could help planet hunters spot what has until now remained fictional.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why would NASA spend money trying to 'guess' what the imaginary planets look like? In my opinion, I don't think they would play this simulation game unless they have really found something and to justify their 'models' they say that this is what they would look like if they were real.

Come on NASA, just tell us the truth already. geez.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Since the dawn of Science Fiction authors have described countless often realistically possible planets.

I suppose it's a good thing for NASA to give a few of them their seal of approval.

It is interesting that one of their stated goals is to use the models to compare against yet-to-be discovered planets and hopefully assist in determining their makeup. I don't know what good that would do unless they find some correlation between composition and life.

new topics

join