It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job seekers must obtain Homeland Security approval

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Job seekers must obtain Homeland Security approval

www.blacklistednews.com

US citizens and other residents will require prior approval from Department of Homeland Security to get a job, under new immigration guidelines introduced by the Cabinet and sanctioned by President George W. Bush today.
This requirement was initially part of the failed immigration bill which has now been "within the boundaries of existing law to secure our borders more effectively," according to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff And Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So now we have to ask to get a job....Sound like Complete CONTROL to me.....just my opinion...

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
All this means is that your citizenship/immigration status needs to be checked to insure that you do have the right to work in the United States and are not an illegal alien.

It's a wonderful step in the right direction that I wholeheartedly applaud.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

And, of course, will not stop the undocumented who are getting paid "under the table" who never filled out the requisite paperwork in the first place.

Another useless layer of bureaucracy, IMHO.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Well, maybe you'd like to break it to Bob Lazar? Oh, Bob, we don't have you listed in our HS database. Can you prove you were born in the USA?

As a matter of fact, there's so many 'Johnstons', that some low level file clerk in records purged a bunch of duplicate entries to make space. We need you to come on down with your birth certificate and give us a blood sample, if it's not too much trouble.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
is this also for u.s citizens?
or just for landed immigrants?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think that this could be turned into something nasty. It does'nt say the business has to check, it says that we have to get prior approval so if they don't want you working a job for whatever reason who knows could be bad. I mean any job ive ever worked has had me fill out my social for tax forms... so if your not a citizen how exactly would you fill out your "w-4 or w-2 i forgot which one" to get paid, or even have a ss number at that point. This seems very fishy

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
And, of course, will not stop the undocumented who are getting paid "under the table" who never filled out the requisite paperwork in the first place.

My thoughts exactly. Another useless law that does nothing to stop or even slow down its intended target, while just making it more and more difficult for the actual citizens.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
one more tiny step towards a matrix-like totalitarian thx-1138 system.

freedom my arse.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its almost funny to watch this thing unfold. Dont be surprised the next time you apply for a job if you get rejected for "no reason", while the real reason is that the government has found out that you are spreading negative things about them. You wont get cleared to hold a job selling hamburgers.

The plan to silent unpopular voices seems to be going great. America is going to be a fantastic country to live in since nobody will disagree with the government for fear of losing their job, and everybody will respect authority because otherwise you'll get tazored for disturbing the peace.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I believe the IED could quite possibly set us free. A mine field around the Capitol and the White House might get our politicians in line.

top topics

join