It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon tricks: Repugnants violating the law as usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, is anyone surprised? I have been posting their crimes daily.Its getting so repetitive that I almost stopped doing it but, then people wouold forget what evil people the repugnants are and buy into their lying racist propoganda. Well, here's another crime by these demons...in memeory of Nixon I guess.

Infiltration of files seen as extensive
Senate panel's GOP staff pried on Democrats
By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff, 1/22/2004

WASHINGTON -- Republican staff members of the US Senate Judiciary Commitee infiltrated opposition computer files for a year, monitoring secret strategy memos and periodically passing on copies to the media, Senate officials told The Globe.

From the spring of 2002 until at least April 2003, members of the GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications without a password. Trolling through hundreds of memos, they were able to read talking points and accounts of private meetings discussing which judicial nominees Democrats would fight -- and with what tactics.

The office of Senate Sergeant-at-Arms William Pickle has already launched an investigation into how excerpts from 15 Democratic memos showed up in the pages of the conservative-leaning newspapers and were posted to a website last November.

With the help of forensic computer experts from General Dynamics and the US Secret Service, his office has interviewed about 120 people to date and seized more than half a dozen computers -- including four Judiciary servers, one server from the office of Senate majority leader Bill Frist of Tennessee, and several desktop hard drives.

But the scope of both the intrusions and the likely disclosures is now known to have been far more extensive than the November incident, staffers and others familiar with the investigation say.

The revelation comes as the battle of judicial nominees is reaching a new level of intensity. Last week, President Bush used his recess power to appoint Judge Charles Pickering to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, bypassing a Democratic filibuster that blocked a vote on his nomination for a year because of concerns over his civil rights record

www.boston.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Damm. Well im not surprised. Dammed politicians are a bunch of Demon Worshipping Satanists hell bent on taking over the wolrd causing mass destruction!!!
. LOL!! Ok maybe I took it overboard...... or maybe not.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Damm. Well im not surprised. Dammed politicians are a bunch of Demon Worshipping Satanists hell bent on taking over the wolrd causing mass destruction!!!
. LOL!! Ok maybe I took it overboard...... or maybe not.

I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As someone who works as a network administrator, this story makes me sick. Yes, the network should have been secured better, but it's outstandingly difficult to make sure that every single hole is plugged in a network of that size. However, it is the responsibility of the users to assist in keeping the network as safe and secure as possible. It's in everybody's best interest.

However, if you had simply said "one group was illegally exploiting a network flaw to tap into the communications of another," it would have taken me about 0.2 seconds to figure out the identities of both groups.

Just more evidence that Republicans are greedy, selfish bastards who couldn't care less about anyone that hasn't given them upwards of $100,000.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications without a password.

This just shows that if the Dems can't secure their computers, how can one trust them to secure the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications without a password.

This just shows that if the Dems can't secure their computers, how can one trust them to secure the country.

If Republicans can't be honest and not screw people over, how can one trust them to be honest with you and not screw YOU over?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If Republicans can't be honest and not screw people over, how can one trust them to be honest with you and not screw YOU over?

Its all relative to your political leanings, I feel the EXACT same way about the prior democratic occupant.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Its all relative to your political leanings, I feel the EXACT same way about the prior democratic occupant.

The lie of Clinton and the lies of Bush aren't even comparable. When Clinton lied, it made him look dumb. When Bush lied, it made people DIE.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman

The lie of Clinton and the lies of Bush aren't even comparable. When Clinton lied, it made him look dumb. When Bush lied, it made people DIE.

Can you say "Aspirin Factory" was just a coincidence and that nobody died for that little trick.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For #s sake Phoenix...this is crap and you know it. Just throwing Clinton out there to justify things? What the hell is wrong with all of you. Attack the #ing issue or attack the person presenting the issue.

To continue to bring Clinton up is becoming way too cliche here. Let's say you were running Germany. If someone accused you of being anti-semitic you bring up how it was that other party, that Nazi party, that started it and you are all wrong for pointing the finger at me because you are hypocrits. See how much sense that makes. Thats how it sounds to continuously bring Clinton to the table. CLINTON #ED UP. HE IS NO LONGER IN OFFICE. TALK ABOUT THE WRONGS THAT ARE CURRENT, please.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They use the Clinton thing to show Liberal double standard. Some of you guys flip-flop on issues way too much. I'm not saying the Conservatives don't, but I guess some of you follow your party blindly. It doesn't matter if a Democrat did something 6 years ago, if a Republican does it now, they're wrong, unpatriotic, and racist.

It's strange but true, and if you can't see that then there is no hope for you.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"They use the Clinton thing to show Liberal double standard. Some of you guys flip-flop on issues way too much. I'm not saying the Conservatives don't, but I guess some of you follow your party blindly. It doesn't matter if a Democrat did something 6 years ago, if a Republican does it now, they're wrong, unpatriotic, and racist. "

Aha! But it's also a double-standard for you and ya'll flip-flop so you don't have to admit that your guy is wrong. I find it hard to believe that logging onto a website that you are restricted from is not a crime or at least not morally wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Aha! But it's also a double-standard for you and ya'll flip-flop so you don't have to admit that your guy is wrong. I find it hard to believe that logging onto a website that you are restricted from is not a crime or at least not morally wrong.

True, true, true. Lot's of people do it. I try to avoid it though. I don't follow one party, I have my own views.

What's this about logging onto a restricted website?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Read the article at the top of the page.

I do not belong to any party either. I like pointing out that no matter what you do, you are still a hypocrit. But the killer thing is noone else really notices and keeps on going blind to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
For #s sake Phoenix...this is crap and you know it. Just throwing Clinton out there to justify things? What the hell is wrong with all of you. Attack the #ing issue or attack the person presenting the issue.

To continue to bring Clinton up is becoming way too cliche here. Let's say you were running Germany. If someone accused you of being anti-semitic you bring up how it was that other party, that Nazi party, that started it and you are all wrong for pointing the finger at me because you are hypocrits. See how much sense that makes. Thats how it sounds to continuously bring Clinton to the table. CLINTON #ED UP. HE IS NO LONGER IN OFFICE. TALK ABOUT THE WRONGS THAT ARE CURRENT, please.

My reference was in response to a comment made by sminniman;

"If Republicans can't be honest and not screw people over, how can one trust them to be honest with you and not screw YOU over?"

I felt perfectly justified to bring up the democrats last president in response to that comment.

Further more this is not star trek where we all just beamed down and history starts anew, we arrived where we are at partly based on the past action of others AND the reaction of the current administration which I do not always agree with but find much more palatable than the current crop of democrats.

Tell you what if you convince Zell Miller to run on democratic ticket, I could support him over Bush - until that happens I'll stay with the current party in power.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good god--- what hasn't the Neocons taken over ???

Why the f___ hasn't this made national TV headlines?

The Neocons must surely own them too!

Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

join