It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amero? Will it happen or Not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
With devaluation of the US dollar against foreign currencies brings forth the talk of the Amero. Europe has done it with the Euro, now how about the USA, Canada, Mexico, and maybe a few of the South American countries?

When do you think this will happen? Let's do a little predicting and forecasting here.

After the Amero, then the next step would be a one world currency, the Eartho? Geo? Globo? Terro?

I would love to hear all of your inputs. Will the Amero come to pass?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, with the falling dollar...

The canadian dollar is lower than the U.S. the Mexican Peso is, well...
And the rest of the central american countries...dont even want to know.

So if they are trying to make a standard currency, one would hope that their currency would go up in value, but it may be that its easier to drag the dollar down.

As with the Euro, I guess it will replace the dollar as the world currency???
Seems like more and more countries are wanting Euro instead of dollar. Maybe they are boosting the Euro up to help get rid of the British pound...and in the process, wouldnt doubt if the British pound came down at some point to meet the Euro. (but who knows...maybe Britian will stay isolationist in attitude (kind of weird...it would seem to help trade, etc. if Britian would line up with main land Europe.) But it all is as it is.

Brits love their pound...have no idea why - its just paper money like anywhere else.

- Yeah, you have a point, whats next the 'Globo'...sounds cool, would make trade a lot easier - or not.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Well, with the falling dollar...

The canadian dollar is lower than the U.S. the Mexican Peso is, well...
And the rest of the central american countries...dont even want to know.

actually, despite the fall in the dollar, the exchange rate for pesos, is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago, unlike the US vs Euro or US vs GBP or US vs CAD

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

actually, despite the fall in the dollar, the exchange rate for pesos, is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago, unlike the US vs Euro or US vs GBP or US vs CAD

Actually, I would appreciate everyone stay on topic and give their opinions about the Amero and if it will happen or not.

Thanks,

RT

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Actually, I would appreciate everyone stay on topic and give their opinions about the Amero and if it will happen or not.

Thanks,

RT

excuse me? are you implying that the CAD, Peso and USD are not related to the Amero? Sorry. I'll take my off-topic(?) comments elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

excuse me? are you implying that the CAD, Peso and USD are not related to the Amero? Sorry. I'll take my off-topic(?) comments elsewhere.

Your comments are welcome. I may have mis-understood what you were trying to say. I think everything in North and South America currencies are relevant, but I was not exactly sure where you were going with your comment. Please clarify.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am not a professional economist either, but one thing that has been brought up recently, is how the Canadian Dollar and the Us Dollar being equal +/- .001 is perfect for making a case for the Amero.

Mexico's currency has stayed constant with the USD. This all seems to point towards a good argument for the Amero.

Honestly, I am just so cynical, and hopeless regarding the move towards one world currency, that I'm sort of embracing it already.

The north american union is a very real thing, and although viewed as a threat - I think it's inevitable, along with the Amero. Not making predictions as to when, but it doesn't matter what the US does at this point.

It all seems like Euro will be the new standard currency, so the US / Union will need it's own currency to compete.

Not that I agree with how it works, or that I even think it's fair or logical - but this just seems like the way things go.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just don't get it...what's so rotten about a transnational currency? If it were really so bad as the skeptics claim, I'm sure Europe would have blown up by now or something.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere on ATS that the Amero had already been printed/minted in Australia.

I would think that to find out about money; the coin collector sites might shed more light on the coming currency/coinage changes.

As far as the economic aspect of the Amero; it just might save the American economy as oil is traded in Euros more and more.

I wonder how Venezuela will feel about the Amero?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think the Amero or North American Dollar has been planned for a while and now they think its the best time for it to happen. First the Amero then the North American Union then the American Union then Terran Union. I dont like the future of cashless, chipped and super nations thats future I would rather disappear would rather the world be focused on exploring the stars.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Char2c35t

I dunno, I think there's far too much distrust on an international level for a global union to happen. How do we deal with the disarmament of militaries?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Honestly, I am just so cynical, and hopeless regarding the move towards one world currency, that I'm sort of embracing it already.

I think that is what I am feeling in my gut also. One of the main reasons is Credit/Debit doesn't matter where you are it already does the exchange for you, but it's kind of like the World currency thus far.

Are we already there with credit/debit and just don't know it yet?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It seems ages ago that the future world currency was revealed in The Economist as the Phoenix.

I expect the Amero is waiting in the wings as a transnational electronic currency with the North American currencies pegged to it.

In other words, the nations keep their own currency (with the faces of their own people on the paper bills....) but the value would be fixed/pegged to the Amero and transactions between banking institutions and other securities folk would be in Ameros.

But they could go the full Euro route with national identity being stamped into one side of the coin. So Canada could mint a 2 Amero coin with the Queen of Canada on it, and the USA could mint a 2 Amero coin with Thomas Jefferson on it. And Mexico could do the same with the Mexican Eagle on it. But the B-side of the coins would all be the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Maybe they are boosting the Euro up to help get rid of the British pound...and in the process, wouldnt doubt if the British pound came down at some point to meet the Euro. (but who knows...maybe Britian will stay isolationist in attitude (kind of weird...it would seem to help trade, etc. if Britian would line up with main land Europe.) But it all is as it is.

Brits love their pound...have no idea why - its just paper money like anywhere else.

Peace

dAlen

We love our pound because we don't want to be the same as the rest of Europe, we like being seperate, especially since we're never actually counted as Euope, it's always Europe and Britain.

I feel that Countries would be the same about the Amero, they would want to keep their identity and currency the way it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The canadian dollar is lower than the U.S.

Sorry, it's currently trading at par and expected to go higher. Our federal government is presently a minority, which means they are unable to push any questionable policies without having to call an election.

Not going to happen anytime soon, imo.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The British pound is worth 60 cents more than the Euro, is a strong currency, very old currency. The only reason why the other European countries are not so hell bent on keeping their currencies is because they quite frankly sucked. And the only reason why Britain is still "isolationsit" is because they are getting the short end of the stick. But you living in Hungary probably wouldn't understand because the EU is great for the Eastern bloc.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it would take a total collapse of the US dollar to get enough support to replace it with a new currency such as the 'Amero'. Besides having a stupid name, the 'Amero' would be a tough sell to everyone. I think its more likely that the US dollar will be adopted by other nations that wish to join the NAU. Or you could tie the value of the three currencies and them legal tender in all three countries and just wait for the weaker ones to die out.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Amero and the NAU (North American Union) have been in the works for some time now.

CBC News 1999

Canada Free Press

As a Canadian, I am discouraged at the prospect of a single monetary system for North America. Canada has resources. The US needs them. Canada has never been in such a position of leverage over the States before and surely stands to lose much while the United Snakes of America digs itself out of the hole it's been trenching for years.

From discussions I have had with people about this, it is understood that the Amero is not a treaty type initiative and therefore doesn't need government ratification, or a mandate from the voting public. It will be something that is initiated by big businesses and banks.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yeah, i agree with you. This point of view i will write down is for everybody that is reading whatever posted here.....WHY SUCH NAME ..."AMERO"... it sounds horrible, the governments should look for another currency name, that is for sure, that one sucks, Euro sounds cool.. but... Amero... sounds like a mexican last name...hahahaha, sounds like Ya mero! which in spanish means something like... in a little while. =) Just a thought. But sticking to the original question i believe this will happen. Have a good day to you all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join