It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Criticizes Canada's Human Rights Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Iran Criticizes Canada's Human Rights Record

www.canada.com

UNITED NATIONS - In a bid to discredit Canada at the United Nations, Iran is equipping world diplomats with a 70-page booklet on Canada's alleged human rights violations.

Written by Iran "in the name of God," the document asserts that the Canadian government denies its people food, clean water and the right to work.

"Routine unlawful strip and beatings by Canadian police has been a matter of concern for international community," notes the booklet, entitled Report on Human Rights Situation..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.farsnews.com
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What is this guy talking about?

With ALL the human rights violations that have and still are going on in his country, he has the nerve to point a finger at CANADA and talk about human rights violations their?

Torture is still the norm in Iranian jails, atheists do not have the right to live, if decide you want to leave the Islam faith, the punishment is death, rapes in Iran go largely unpunished because the act HAS to be witnessed by four Muslims "of good character (if they were of good character, would they have watched the rape?) and the list goes on and on.

Why would he want to bring his country under further scrutiny (which I'm sure this will cause) by making such a ridiculous statement?

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is a joke, right?

If I had to make a list of nations starting with those who abused human rights the most and ending with those who abused them the least, Iran would be close to the top and Canada would be close to the bottom.

I mean, seriously... Canada? They have their share of nasty people I'm sure, but so does every other nation.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I live in Canada, and I have a fairly good grasp of history, and while Canada has committed human rights violations in the past, we have a pretty darned good record. Many times I read of events in other countries, including the USA, like the recent avalanche of police abuse cases, and I just can't see that happening where I live.

If I could send Iran a message, it would be to 'pull the beam out of their own eye before pointing at the mote in ours', to paraphrase the Bible.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I sure would love to get a copy of this booklet and see what his "credible" sources are, what dates these alledged violations occured, to whom, and where.

As a Canadian, I dont take these acusations lightly. Sure, we're not perfect, far from it, but i think we've done pretty good for ourselves. I am proud of my country and am very skeptical of these remarks and acusations.

If anyone has a link to this booklet, please post it.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am not really to sure what to make of this. My first impression is that it shows the people who wrote this are just very good liars. If this was actually trying to be sold the people doing the selling could probably be doing much better selling goods and services.
All that aside, if Iran is trying to sell this load of @#%* there must be something they are getting out of it. So what does any one thing Iran is getting out of this seventy page book of @#%*?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
After I read the title of this I had to read it. They have got to be kidding. How in the world to they expect anybody to take this seriously?

Canada guilty of human rights violations that is surely the most bizarre piece of ,well lets call it propaganda just so I don't violate the T&C.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, I'll be the first to say it:

How dare anyone criticize Canada, or any other nation, when there is so darn much wrong with the US of A?

new topics

top topics

join