It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Speaks During Controversial Appearance at Columbia University

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

AH good post, well put

zionism != judaism
anti-israel != anti-jew/anti-semitic no matter how much the zionists tell you it does

(for those who aren't computer programmers != means not equal to)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure just what to make of his speech -- overall? For now I'll look at it as both Ahmadinejad & Mr Bush have something in common. They both have powers above them pulling the strings and making most of the calls -- their the messengers.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

I agree regarding bush, but but ahmadinejad? I guess he probably is (most people at the top are) but I certainly didn't get it from his speech

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I watched as much as I could. He is a idiot. Like most world leaders today, he is nothing more than the person stupid enough to be at the the top. He has the IQ of a soggy river rat, and looks like a monkey.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The was classless the way the Columbia president introduced Ahmadinejad.If he had something negative to say, he shouldn't have said anything at all, but instead of not speaking, he used that opportunity to say something negative.
Quite frankly, the Columbia guards should have tased him. Ahmadinejad is either a fool, or part of the NWO deception.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by diablomonic
I agree regarding bush, but but ahmadinejad? I guess he probably is (most people at the top are) but I certainly didn't get it from his speech

Not a very educated response.

The President of Iran is, by their constitution, not the top leader in Iran. That's presently Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Hossayni Khamenei. So it is by definition that Ahmadinejad isn't in control of his country.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

Would that make you and apologist for a mass murdering, child molesting, false flag operating(to say the least)government? This man is obviously very level headed, very intelligent, and caring.Which is more then we can say for our Emperor. If only we had a Leader like him...Or if we could all get along and not require such "Leadership"
that would be the day. Calm down buddy, too much aggression, it's not good for the ticker. - cpNJ

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I watched as much as I could. He is a idiot. Like most world leaders today, he is nothing more than the person stupid enough to be at the the top. He has the IQ of a soggy river rat, and looks like a monkey.

Well quite an articulate analysis and this is exaclty why we have become pirahs internationaly. He is well educated and handled himself pretty well in the speech and Q&A. You may not like what he said, but try to separate your persoanl issues with the guy and give an unbiased analysis. No I don't agree with him or what he stands for either.

Also as Djohnson77 pointed out, its the ruling clique of religious leaders that really run things. He has a power base, but can really do nothing without thier okay.

I posted an important ATSNN story the other day that as I predicted was ignored with all the rhetoric and hype. A relative moderate and player in iranian politics was recently appointed to the Assembly of experts which will pick the next religious leader.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/25/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just can't read anymore of this thread, because this so called leader makes me sick to my stomach. For all of you that believe that he is a good man, I'm just sitting here in disbelief. I walked away from this pigs speach because he didn't answer 1 question in the 15-20 minutes that
I could stomach looking at him. Whoever wants to believe that this man has a kind bone in his body, reference this thread as an I told you so within the next few years. We shouldn't have let him in, almost half of his own country doesn't want him in power.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well Ahmadinejad has proven he is not the new Hitler, but just another spineless politician talking out of both sides of his mouth

Really, I think some people are disappointed he didn't rant and rave about the 'streets flowing like rivers with the blood of the unbelievers' or some similar nonsense.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

How about you stop stereo typing people. You *SNIP*. Im sick of people like you making the broad assumption that all Christains are going to pick up their bibles and bash people across the head with it. You're not being funny. Sure Christians believe homosexuality is wrong and yes there are a certain MINISCULE few that are hypocrits, but putting us all in the same boat is rediculous. Try keeping on topic and spare us all your blind and pathetic remarks. Cheers

On topic. I think Ahmadinejad has made a very clever move here. By coming to America and making himself more human and a little more transparent to the American public it's going to be alot harder for the US government to paint him as just another war monger that is hell bent on the destruction of the west. I'm not saying thats not what he wants.. but gaining public approval of a war against a mad man a thousand miles away would have been alot easier if he didnt show up in the US and show the american public that hes not just sum idiot sitting on big chair waiting to push a button.

--------------------------
Removed personal attack

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Before things get out of hand...

I'd like to remind everyone this is a news thread, and as such is held to a higher standard, as these threads are quite often the first ATS experience people get when linking from search engines, so let's put our best foot forward and demonstrate our ability for civil discourse.

Thanks.

Mod Note: New Policies for Political Bickering – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
removed off-topic post

[edit on 25/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

By top I do not mean very top, I mean anywhere near it. he is near enough to the top that if he were in america, he would be controlled. Iran may be (and I repeat may, not is) one of the few countries on earth not controlled from the top down by illuminati or whatever you want to call them puppetmasters

all I really meant was: his speech sounded to me like an intelligent person (with some opinions I disagree with and some I agree with strongly) speaking his own mind... unlike any speech of dubya or my (australian) "leader" j. howard (yet again, not really at the top since the queen is our real head of state) Ive heard...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by efbeenie
I just can't read anymore of this thread, because this so called leader makes me sick to my stomach. For all of you that believe that he is a good man,

Where has anybody been propping him up like an Iranian Lincoln? It seems to me that the majority of the posters are pointing out that despite all of the media hype and spin, the guy was not some stark raving lunatic like the US PRESS makes him out to be. That is the crux of most arguments here. He is educatated AND handled himself well. I have yet to see anybody 'sing his praises" or spend alot of time praising his policies, or rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And the award for the biggest F******* of the day goes to.....

LEE BOLLINGER!
(applause)

What on earth is wrong with letting people make up their own minds by listening with their own ears?
"Just letting you all know, in case you are undecided, that this is a BAD, BAD MAN!"
Typical American propaganda.

I am no fan of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but it took a LOT of guts to stand up in front of an obviously (thanks to Lee and others) brainwashed American audience and answer difficult questions on the fly. The fact GWB won't go to Iran and do the same shows just how weak he is.
Sure, Ahmadinejad is not a good man. But for God's sake let people make up their own minds, if they are still capable of it.

[edit on 26/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes some of his home countries views and beliefs are ass backwards and flat out wrong anyways you look at it. But I honestly think this man is mostly correct about the statements he makes. Does it make me a bad person for kind of liking him more than bush? I am not against this country. I love the USA sooooo much and i'm grateful for every opportunity this country has given me, however, I think that the people who lead our country and making world enemies at our expense. We have to deal with everything bad.. they don't... the connectd ones money wise and politcaly who are making things happen don't have anything bad happen to them if their agenda fails... if it fails, it fails the people and the people pay the price. you and I are the people......This man deserves some major credit for basically playing an away game at the home teams field and putting up an honorable fight.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Our government’s foreign policy (not the American people) is responsible for overthrowing the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mozedeq, in 1953. Once ousted by our CIA, they installed the Shah of Iran, who was a more brutal dictator than Ahmedinajad. Not only that, our CIA helped create their dreaded Savak, which murdered many thousands of innocent Iranians. All of this occurred because Iran simply wanted to nationalize their oil, instead of our western oil companies making all the profit from it. It is theirs after all, not ours, and we do not have a right to it.

Our intervention in Iran has had very serious effects, including the taking of our hostages at the US embassy. Bad relations between our 2 countries persist to this day as a result of blowback from our government’s foreign policy which puts corporation’s oil interests before the interests of the American people. That is corporatism. I humbly submit that it is in our interest to talk and trade with Iran, instead of using our mainstream media to incite hatred of Iran to justify going to war with them.

The ramped up rhetoric in our media today against Iran is not unlike that which we saw in the winter of 2003 prior to the invasion of Iraq. Talk about "mushroom clouds", etc., and it all apparently turned out to be falsified. It is happening again today, and I ask you to please take a moment to find out some facts on your own, independent of mainstream media and talk radio. Should you arrive at a different conclusion, stand your ground bravely, and do not be intimidated by them saying you are un-patriotic if you do not think like them. That's the same crap Hitler pulled.

For example, the CIA has stated that Iran is 10 years away from getting a nuke. Why? They only have 3,000 centrifuges. In order to enrich enough uranium to the level needed for a nuclear weapon, it would take 10 years for just 1 weapon with only 3,000 centrifuges. In order to produce 1 weapon per year it would require 30,000 centrifuges, 10 times what Iran currently has. Furthermore, regarding the recent rhetoric concerning Iran's possible willingness to give a suitcase nuke to Al Qaeda, this claim is patently false with absolutely no grounds to support it. Iran does not have the technology to create a nuclear device small enough to fit in the size of a mere suitcase. Only the USA, Russia, some of our western allies, and probably China, (thanks to Clinton selling China our Cray super computers from Los Alamos nuclear laboratories with hard drives intact)! Also, Iran hates Al Qaeda, as they are Sunni Arab Muslim extremists. Iran is Shiite Persians, (different religious sect and different race). Currently there is much sectarian strife between Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq, and Iran does give Iraqi Shiites weapons, which they use against Sunnis, and unfortunately Americans too, (but if we weren't in Iraq then Iran’s weapons could do us no harm). Although Iraqi Shiites get help and money from Iran, they do not want to be puppets to the mullahs of Iran at all because Iraqi's, both Sunnis and Shiites alike, do have a strong sense of nationalistic pride.

I do not make excuses for Iran, and I do not support Ahmedinajad’s policies or positions, (such as wiping Israel off the face of the map), however, I am not opposed to hearing anyone’s point of view. If Ahmedinajad wants to speak at Columbia University, fine let him, and when he's done, tell him he is wrong, why, and have grounds to support your position. We have free speech in America, and the rights given in the Constitution apply to everyone equally, even our invited guests, or they mean nothing at all.

Patriotism is that effort to resist oppressive government. Our founding fathers lived this example for us, and I ask you to remember that, because if we ideologically continue to cheer on our government as it acts upon a foreign policy which is detrimental to Americas interests, then we become nothing more than the brown shirted Nazi's 1933-1945.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Got to laugh at those warmongers and Bush supporters who share the same child like mentality as George Bush, "Your either with us or against us".

Watch the video and then please explain to me why I should support and believe a bunch of lying, thieving, murdering scumbags. The evidence speaks for itself.

The lying ratpack video:

www.youtube.com...

Compared to the Bush admin, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad comes across as a saint.

Berlin Says US and France Guilty of Hypocrisy - What's new there.

www.spiegel.de... Iranian sanctions are a farce.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Which country has created illegal prisons and camps of prisoner, then tortured prisoners in spite of the Geneva conventions?
Which country has used nuclear bomb on civilian?
Which country has used phopshore bombs in Vietnam?
Which country sets up military dictatorships and maitiened them until they are not useful?
Stop deluding your self and open your eyes!
This country is the land of the free---money! not humans...
Some time I feel like I am dreaming all of this , what’s wrong with people.
Iran have never threaten another country and then the same country that have threaten countless country for years is putting it self as an accuser.

kacou

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join