It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Speaks During Controversial Appearance at Columbia University

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I think the problem, and the laughter came from a concept that in 18 million people non were gay. we have not seen that in a culture before, that is why I think it is contextual, more a comment of allowing it in their culture.

Those that see his speech as propaganda I offer this, the propaganda from him was they were smart loving and not bad. I agree a spin to project an image.

But then we (the host of a guest, a big thing in their culture) treated him rudely, laughed at him, booed, and gave the most hard nosed 'welcome' speech I have heard. yes there was propaganda, but it was us giving it by showing our bias and ability to turn to ridicule.

They know their leader, they are not looking for his reaction, they are looking for our reaction. We failed the test of proper reaction.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

They've had hours and weeks and days of inspections in our country. And over and over again, the agency's reports indicate that Iran's activities are peaceful, that they have not detected a deviation, and that Iran has -- they've received positive cooperation from Iran. But regretfully, two or three monopolistic powers, selfish powers, want to force their word on the Iranian people and deny them their right. They keep saying [Moderator: "One minute"] -- one minute.

That was awesome!
The man is defiantly sharp.

I think that this is one of the most remarkably valid points that he makes...

Iran is not guilty of any crime, yet they are being treated like criminals. If you believe that Iran has or is working on nuclear weapons, please stop reading this thread and refer to the link in my sig before continuing here.

Why are they being pressured for not complying when they are willing to comply and have complied in the past? Do some research and you will find that is was the US and Israel that broke faith by disrupting a perfectly legal research program.

The other point I feel is important is again delivered with some witty ad lib:

MR. COATSWORTH: Mr. President, I think many members of our audience would be -- would like to hear a clearer answer to that question, that is -- (interrupted by cheers, applause).
The question is: Do you or your government seek the destruction of the state of Israel as a Jewish state? And I think you could answer that question with a single word, either yes or no. (Cheers, applause.)
PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: And then you want the answer the way you want to hear it. Well, this isn't really a free flow of information. I'm just telling you where I -- what my position is. (Applause.)
I'm asking you, is the Palestinian issue not an international issue of prominence or not? Please tell me, yes or no. (Laughter, applause.)
There's a plight of a people.
MR. COATSWORTH: The answer to your question is yes. (Laughter.)
PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: Well, thank you for your cooperation.

This is a perfect example of the root problem. The Western Audience simply doesn't want to understand the problem. They want simple answers that they can rally around without having to *think* about it too much.

He has offered up a solution to the problem in Israel many times in the past... that there should be democratic elections in Israel that are open to everyone. I ask you, what is wrong with that?

His stance is that he partially accepts the notion that he supports the destruction of Israel in it's current form as a dictatorship. Not the destruction of the nation, or even the ruling class, but the destruction of the totalitarian structure that currently defines Israel. He sympathizes with the people who live under an Iron Fist in what was once their home, yet are not allowed to vote.

The fact is, Israel suppresses the right to vote.
I support the destruction of that system... through peaceful means.
So does he.
So do most of us.
Why doesn't Israel and why are they supported?

Why are we talking about an ambiguous comment about gays?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

MR. COATSWORTH: One by one, it is, yes. (Applause.)
The first question is: Do you or your government seek the destruction of the state of Israel as a Jewish state?
PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews in Iran living peacefully with security. You must understand that in our constitution, in our laws, in the parliamentary elections, for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community, one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. So our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and democratic proposal.

That is the clearest answer i have ever seen from this man ever.

They have the second largest Jewish population in the world , and are represented in government in iran _source) - how many other mp`s would take issue with a president directly!

he wants the removal of the zionist state , which has caused far more harm than nazi germany ever did - but actively supports judaism - THAT is the fundamental difference which so many people (spoon fed by fox and cnn) fail to grasp the concept.

You must seprate religion and governemtn for this case - The governement of Israel is the major destabilising influence in the middle east - and that is the issue he talks about.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad interview

Here's the full transcript of another interview he gave with ch4 news here in the UK. Makes for interesting reading.

www.channel4.com...

Everyone might not agree with his views in regards to the holocaust and Israel, but he made some good points. I guess if there's one group of people who didn't learn from the holocaust. It's the Israeli government and the despicable way they treat the Palestinian people.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Now please stop hijacking the thread.

If you don't like being called out for behaving like a juvenile, then simply don't.

It's not clever, and it's not big.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What is positively frightening is how many of the dimwitted among us are so easily swayed by the words of a man who is clearly favors repression of minorities, destruction of the Jewish state and the installation of an Islamic caliphate.

Those who are parsing his words in a desperate attempt to find some crumbs of intelligent need to awake from their paranoia-driven hatred of America and the west and start thinking for themselves. What you need to ask yourselves is, why is it that you are (rightfully) so cynical of most politicians while you so willingly accept everything this moron says at face value.

Listen to yourselves..."he doesn't want to kill ALL Jews...he just doesn't like the dictorial nature of the Israeli govt." and "ok so he 'ambigouously,' denies the existance of gays in Iran..."

I hope you realize how ill informed and uneducated it makes you seem. Thankfully you are but a small group of tin hatted basement dwellars whom will never have any effect on the matters of any import.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a very clever bloke... I think a lot of American politicians can learn a thing or two from him.

Well done America though for allowing him to educate you. Maybe just maybe, Ahmadinejad will also take a little experience back with him and maybe alter a few of his more radical views.

Either way, I'd rather have Ahmadinejad in power than Cheyney, Bush and all the other muppets and murderers in the whitehouse.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

if you would READ what i said , he does not wish the destruction of jews - but the removal of israel - there is a fundamental difference to that!

get your head off fox and cnn and LEARN about what he has sad - and stop being so closed minded.

[edit on 25/9/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This man should of never been aloud to speak here. He is a terrorist and a sponsor of terrorist. He is a little man, he answers every question that he doesn’t want to answer with another question. Always trying to turn the question back to the speaker, it happened on 60mins, and at the University.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
so easily swayed by the words of a man who is clearly favors ... the installation of an Islamic caliphate.

Just out of interest, can you please find evidence that suggests he wishes to install a caliphate?

Plus, it may also be worth comparing him with others who have called for a caliphate, to see if you notice any key differences.

Those who are parsing his words in a desperate attempt to find some crumbs of intelligent need to awake from their paranoia-driven hatred of America and the west and start thinking for themselves.

An of course, if you change 'America' to 'Iran', and 'the west' for 'Islam', you have a sentence which accurately describes the other side in this debate.

Debate? What am I talking about... this isn't debate. This is mudslinging...

What you need to ask yourselves is, why is it that you are (rightfully) so cynical of most politicians while you so willingly accept everything this moron says at face value.

While I cannot speak for everyone here, you really shouldn't assume all of us who don't want a war with Iran are taking everything the President says at face value.

I hope you realize how ill informed and uneducated it makes you seem. Thankfully you are but a small group of tin hatted basement dwellars whom will never have any effect on the matters of any import.

How amusing that you say on the one hand that such comments make us seem ill-informed and uneducated, only to then go and make a gross generalisation of everyone here, thus undermining your implied intellectual high-ground.

And by the way, Tin Hats are not to be mocked... they are THE fashion excessory of late 07/early 08.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

no he didn`t he answered them in ways you didn`t understand

and the USA supports terrorism allways had and allways will - WHEN it suits them.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let me be clear, I am not gay, I never have been gay.

He gave you sheep the "gay" thing. Go ahead and run with it. Use it as your war cry. To be honest, I found his brutal honesty on the subject refreshing, and something that's sorely lacking in our own politicians. At least he told us directly to our faces instead of petting our heads with one hand and massaging (something else) with the other.

Believe me, Ahmadinejad had an effect. See how Bush has to run to the U.N. now. See how the media is now trying to downplay Ahmadinejad's power in the Iranian government and shift our attention to the Ayatollah, who the media is now falling all over themselves to tell the sheep that's where the real power lies. The Ayatollah was a relative non-story in the major media until yesterday's gross miscalculation. Now we get a new boogeyman to fear.

As far as the media goes, it's sad how brazenly they took soundbites and audio clips out of context, while adding their own (management's) scripted, uneducated, and childish comments to said newspiece. "Free media", what a hoot!

Peace

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I agree with you 100%. As soon as I saw Ahmadinejad's speach and Q&A I realized what a major miscalculation it was on US part. And then I thought that the only thing that the propaganda machine can use is the gay part. How childish really. The way this event was/is covered by the MSM is an insult to the intelligence of the viewers.

The biggest blunder IMO was the 'welcome speach' of the president of the institution.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jgruh4e
The biggest blunder IMO was the 'welcome speach' of the president of the institution.

Yeah, it certainly didn't help!

That being said, I know Bollinger was under a tremendous amount of pressure, and possibly threats. IMO he was forced into that. The fact that it came off as so rude, offensive, and childish, screams influence from the current powers that be.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Good post

I sort of saw it coming. Have you all forgotten, he "calculates" things.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The way the Iranian President was introduced by Bollinger was pathetic and if that's the best the most powerful country in the world can manage it says alot about how the USA is heading. That would never happen in Britain, we have more respect. Pathetic!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Regarding the holy prophet Moses, may peace be upon him, God says, quote, "And he was taught wisdom, the divine book, the Old Testament and the New Testament. He is the prophet appointed for the sake of the children of Israel, and I rightfully brought a sign from the Almighty, holy Koran (SPEAKING IN PERSIAN)," unquote.

From the Iranian President yesterday. He goes on later to say that for 60 years there has been this problem with the Palestinians.

No kidding Mr Amadinanut. You first say that you abide by the holy teachings and then yet you say that Israel has to deal with you Arabs trying to claim their land as some Palestinian country that has never existed since the beginning of time.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well if the only thing the Bush administration can use from this is the 'Gay Rights' card then they only strengthen their hypocritical persona. For one, the Bush administration is anti-gay marriage (discrimination) and Saudi Arabia, one of their biggest allies in the Middle-East, executes gays too.

So to use that point would only appeal to the most uneducated of sheeple.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

BUNCH:

...prove right there that this guy is a liar or out of touch with reality, two scary things when you come to realize that this is a Head of State that we are talking about.

hmrmmph ... haha.. hahahahahaha .....AHAHAHAHAHAHA
roflmao hehehehehe

sorry, dont mean to be insulting but... did you really just say that?
I got one word for ya... DUBYA

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
so lets see:

he thinks israel (in its present form as a violent racist power hungry nation constantly illegally explanding onto other peoples land) should be removed (not the people mind you, just the nation ie leadership/current laws etc) and palestinians should have equal rights in their own land... I can understand that, seems fair enough, no reason to nuke him yet

he thinks gays dont exist in iran... well I dont think thats true, but still, no reason to nuke him yet

he thinks there may be more to the holocaust than is talked about, and finds it strange that someone can go to jail in some countries for researching it if they find things that don't agree with the "consensus"... Hmm I find that very strange too, and I would think any real patriotic American (which I am not, I live in Australia) that understood the term "free speech" would think that strange too, still no reason to nuke him yet. (especially since, it is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to his leadership, its not the 1940s and he doesn't live in Germany, his opinion on this is about as important as what US football team he supports if any)

he wants nuclear power for his country... Hmm lets see, America has nuclear power, my own government (wankers, the lot of them) want nuclear power for Australia, seems there is STILL no reason to nuke him

anybody on this forum who cant see that the real reasons nuking iran is on the agenda are oil dollars military spending and middle east control really hasn't been paying attention to the info on this website

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join