It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Speaks During Controversial Appearance at Columbia University

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Because I can see through his rants of propaganda. Don't you realize he says just the opposite when he is talking to his own people.

Nope, I think he has always followed the same line nthroughout his speaches. Maybe you can provide me with a link where he is saying exactly the opposite to his people. You realize he has never called for the destruction of Israel, right? And yes, of course, propaganda goes both ways and it was a nice PR move on his part. However, have you learned to recognize the US propaganda? I think not. Based on your statements you are a victim of it.

EDIT: Btw, I find your avatar distasteful and racist.

How can it be racist? You cannot be racist against a nationality.

Against which nation (not that this is not offensive)? All I see is some ridiculous picture which is supposed to be humorous, but in fact is dull and offensive to shiites. Please correct me if I am wring.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

goto msnbc and you can watch the videos there.

found link here

At around 1:00 minute in he starts his rant on how free speech should be given but no one should accept any of those ideas. Nice one, why even bring him there in the first place.

[edit on 9/24/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jgruh4e

He did not evade the question about the destruction of israel, he just refused to give a simple answer to a complicated topic. He, however, said he likes jews as he likes everyone else and that Iran has never followed expansionist policy and does not plan to attack anyone. He also said that Palestinians should be given the right to decide their own future by a referendum.

He DID evade the question, no spin please, ask twice and refuse to answer, simple.

So the Palestinian are going to decide? so Israel does not have a say in the matter? Please.

CBS) PELLEY: Mr. President, you say you love all nations. I have to assume that includes the Nation of Israel.

AHMADINEJAD: Israel is not a nation. Well, we like the people, yes, because they are victims as well. They used to live in their own countries, in their own cities. They were given empty promises, false promises.

This guy needs to grow up and face reality, Israel is a nation and internationaly recognized. Like it or not thats the fact.

Another thing if Iran love Jews so much I will bet that they will be the first one to open their doors to all the Jews that would be displaced in case the Palestinians decide that they do not want to leave side by side with Israel right?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ok, obviously some of you are having difficulty understanding the holocaust subject. He did not say it did not happen. In fact , he said it DID happen. He was simply questioning why more research into the event was being met with such resistance and people were being jailed over it. I listened to the speech, then read the news articles on it from the AP and such. So much spin I almost threw up from being dizzy

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Nope, I think he has always followed the same line nthroughout his speaches.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion and I am entitled to my right opinion.

Please correct me if I am wring.

I don't know what 'wring' is but ok, you are corrected and wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I see your point and I don't want to argue about it. It can be long and at the end neither of us will change his opinion. However, you must agree that you have a rather one-sided view on the Israel- Palestinian topic. Yes, he lsays he loves jews, and says they are victims of false promises. Isn't that so?They were 'invited' to leave their homes in Europe in order to settle in Palestine. Palestinians, of course, did not have a say in this. So at the end neither the palestinians (more so), nor the jews are happy with the artificial creation of the country Israel. Both people are victims of the same agenda.

And if you press the topic about the destruction of Israel, Ahamdinejad has only said he expected a regime change similar to the one that happened in Iran during the revolution against the US supported Shakh.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I commend you on your very adult posting, and witty observations. Also, on your amazingly nimble and cunning use of the written English language.

Have a cookie.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

[And if you press the topic about the destruction of Israel, Ahamdinejad has only said he expected a regime change similar to the one that happened in Iran during the revolution against the US supported Shakh.

Maybe thats all he said today, but he has said a lot more threatening things in the past.
Click HERE for just a sample.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Percival Hackworth
I commend you on your very adult posting, and witty observations. Also, on your amazingly nimble and cunning use of the written English language.

Thank you!

I commend you on your very informative post regarding this issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jgruh4e

Then you would be amaze of what my view is regarding the Palestinian-Israel conflict.

Read my post in this thread and you would get my take on it:
www.abovepolitics.com...

My problems is not about races, religions or people my problem is about stupid leaders than stand in the way of peace. All leaders, from all sides, in this case I dont believe this person is a person of peace and is just playing right at the hands of those who want to promote war. This isn't about who has more bombs or soldiers, my take is on who is going to bring peace, and neither side is doing a good job at it.

In the meanwhile we swallow the propaganda from both sides and pick and choose sides, with out using our heads to what is really beneficial, that being how we push our leaders to come up with realistic solutions to end the conflict.

I called them as I see them, neither Bush or Ahmadinejad are guys up the the task up bringing stability or peace to the region, thats how I see it.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Now THAT is what I call a razor-sharp reply!

Want another cookie, seeing as you're doing so well?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Just to mention that I was not referring to today's speach.Obviously you are talking about something that you have not even seen.

Quote from your source:

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

I see that as no different than what I said. Here is a link to the "wiped off the map" comment:

Lost in Translation: Ahmadinejad Never said Israel Should Be "Wiped off the Map"

Talking about propaganda...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

So we don't differ that much in our views. However, my problem is not with leaders in general, but with the leaders being puppets themselves and serving shadowy agendas. And democracy fast turning into corpocracy in the so called civilized world. As to Ahmadinejad, I admit I like the man, mainly because of having the courage to say what many think but not dare pronounce it. That doesn't mean I approve of everything he does or says. And I agree his behavior is playing well for the war mongers.

As to the link between the far right neo-cons and zionists, you might want to read about Christian Zionism

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Interesting discussion so far. However, for the sheeple out there who are used to being spoonfed thier news from FoxNews, CNN, yes even BBC et al. this is a bit of an unpleasnat surprise. Used to sound bites and carefully presented clips, he was not quite the stark raving madman the press has made him out to be eh? If you watched news from non network sources you would have known this ahead of time.

What exactly an Intelectual or an academic? Some stuffed Ive League shirt big on words and talking above everybody? You guys do realize he has a PhD in engineering right?

The bottom line. The guy is educated and was quite articulate. Just because we don't like the answers he gave, he represents a signifigant number of people who share his views and opinion. In their minds they are just as right, just as convinced as we are that our side is right. You should bear that in mind when trying to analyze motives etc.

Back to the speech: Do you think he was tipped off that the Columbia President was going to open that way? Ive seen the guy speak beofre, but the comments did nto realyl phase him and he seemed well prepared to answer.....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Percival Hackworth
Now THAT is what I call a razor-sharp reply!

Want another cookie, seeing as you're doing so well?

** SIGH **

Now please stop hijacking the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Bollinger:

"know thine enemy"
"the mind of evil"
"petty and cruel dictator"

no wonder Ahmejimjam felt insulted! edit - actually, he says Bollinger insulted the audience by not allowing them to make up their own minds - very smart comments. At this comment, he got a far bigger applause than Bollinger's entire speech

As for calling him on Iran's human rights abuses - good for him. Shame he couldn't do it without the 'Dubya Speak'

[edit on 24-9-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Is there a full video of this speech out on the net? I've cancelled all my subscription to the MSM.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I think he got set up. In the name of academic freedom? He got lambasted before he said even one word. I did not like that at all, even if a differ totally with his views, his position as a Head of State called for more decorum, that says a lot about us in general.

I really want it to see him speak first hand to see what he want it to say from his own mouth and anxiously waiting for the Q&A to see how he did, he fail big im my opinion to win any hearts and minds here.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Well, I disagree. It was pretty much as I expected. Like I said in the other thread, the only thing I was surprised at was the university president's strong opening statement.

I don't think he was very articulate at all, he rambled back and forth talking a lot but saying very little. He really didn't answer many of the questions at all, and when he did his answers were ridiculous like his statement that there were no gay people in Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think he was very articulate at all, he rambled back and forth talking a lot but saying very little. He really didn't answer many of the questions at all, and when he did his answers were ridiculous like his statement that there were no gay people in Iran.

+1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join