It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Everyone Bow Down to the Health Insurance Industry?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Choice.

You have whatever freedoms you choose to have. You lose whatever freedoms you choose to lose.

You have apparently chosen not to have any, and that is your choice which you are free to make. You may not choose for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Another cop out.

You know you can't make any points about freedom, so again, you skirt the issue, this time trying to use very bad philosophical statements.

You as an individual have very few, if any choices, except in the most basic sense.

Your attempt at an argument is no argument at all. Just like a politician you evade, evade, evade - because you have no case.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
ahh, health care the age old question. i work 12 hours a day an ok job. i already take money out of my check for my healthcare plan. btw op i wasent in perfect health when i got the plan. i have a disability as a matter of fact. back to topic now. you want me to take money out of my check now because they are too lazy to get a job. yeah right, when it comes down to it ill quit working when we have free health care. why should i work when i could get something free. im also a licened insurance agent in sc. that isnt what i do now b/c my company wanted me to buy a policy.

as previously said, we pay 1% of our tax towards medicare in Aus.

what happens if you become unemployed and there is no free basic health care?
you get shafted, you most likely would get treated like a 3rd world citizen. all because you went from a productive member of society to one who is down on their luck for a bit..

not every unemployed person is a hopeless dole bludger.

that measly 1% not only gives others who are unemployed free healthcare, but YOU aswell regardless of your financial status.
of course your welcome to go private health cover if you want to get treated in a private hospital.

to deny someone basic medical treatment because they are not wealthy is just a downright pitiful and selfishly greedy way for a govt to treat its citizens.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
health care (which includes insurance, pharmaceuticals...) Doctors, and all sorts of health professionals...are put on a pedistal (rightly or wrongly)

and are glorified in the american/western societies,,,,
but i would say that the business people, the masses. etc
don't 'Bow" they 'genuflect' !!!
(for whatever reason)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This article provides some good info and insight into Bush's mindset on healthcare (if a little biased)
www.alternet.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
health insurance sucks....all my money every month..just in case I get sick! but, go here, www.compareinsurancee.com and see if you can save money on this necessary evil!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join