It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Acts Of Kindness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey every one i was thinking that there is so much pain in the world and general bad stuff going on, so im saying every one do some thing nice today or tommorrow or when ever.

Do some thing nice, an act of kindness, and then post up what it was.

We shall unite to make this world a nice place, even if it is just for a single moment for some one else : )

ProTo FF

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ill Start, i was giving inspiration to start this thread when i helped a women carry her shopping to her care, she had to much to carry alone so i offered my assistance and helped her.

Your Turn.

ProTo FF

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just got my National Bone Marrow Donor card. I am now in a database that can hopefully match me to someone in need perhaps even save their life.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have an elderly neighbor couple and every time it snows I shovel their driveway. I also do errands and food shopping for them in the winter. His wife has since passed so I keep him busy and kind of adopted him to my family.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
thats really good DDay, putting your self out there. Well done Kelter being nice to people is great, always help the eldy.

ProTo

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks
! I have to say Proto that I like what you are attempting to do with this thread and am bummed that more people aren't contributing.

With all the depressing and disturbing news that we are inudated with this is a nice attempt at bringing hope and light to people.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks and yer it is a great idea for a thread if i dont say so my self, i am some what confused why people arnt replying at all. i guess its time to flag it, hopfully some good will come from that.

Keep Safe DDay & Every one, ProTo

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Today pain is every where, you wake up put the news on and some one has been killed, some one was raped, some body was caught about to kill some one. We live in a world of hurt, pain and sorrow.

Every day a person kills them self believing that there was no other way.

My point is, every day some thing bad happens, i dont think we [ats] can change the world, but we can make some one feel better for just 10 seconds. If you could do some thing really simple to make some one happy, wouldnt you do it ?

Next time you see some one strugling, help them. next time theres no seats and a pregnent person gets on the bus/train, give them your seat.

Make some one happy for just 2 mintues.

Random acts of kindness.

ProTo Fire Fox, Take Care.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
While at lunch the other day with the wife and old man came into the resturant and was picking food up off of the floor and eating it. He was obviously homeless and hungry. I told the wife to go to the counter and buy a couple of sandwiches and some fries and a drink and I was going to talk to him. It almost broke my heart because he was a WWII vet and talked to me about he ended up where he was. While talking to him she slid the food onto the table next to him while I had his attention. I said goodbye and left. As we walked by the window he discovered the food and looked our way and smiled. I dont know if he knew we left it there for him and don't care. It was something that I felt I could do at that moment to help at that time...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by kaferwerks]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

You made my morning! (Smiling while I type this)

I love doing things for people, but I'm kinda like the 'secret Santa'. I don't want anyone to know that it was me.

GREAT thread!!!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
thans for the kind words duckster, what ? is ats all out of random acts of kindness now ? I went old school today, helped an old women with her shopping.

How about you ? done anything nice for some one ?

Fox

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I work in a great store, so once again. I helped some one with there shopping. You cannot change the world straight off the block, all you have to do is one random acts of kindness at a time.

Fox

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I honored my father by buying him a meal. This was kind to both of us. Also, at the store I was conscious of the merchandisers doing their work. I walked around them, instead of making them move. They had to be there, I chose to be there. I chatted very nicely with the women at the cash register. She was in her sixties and expressing how it had been a long day. I am always really nice and helpful to the people that serve me. Just a pleasant talk can go a long way in energizing those that serve.

new topics

top topics

join