It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of the moon (non web related source)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You kidding me right? thats a rip off
I paid 50 pounds for mine... and it is worth it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Looks like complete fantasy, loosely based (judging by the names) on Sitchin's books ....

It's clearly wrong because it provides no explanation of how the moon came to be made of cheese

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hahaha.. thats was funny, cheese

He was puttin this out in the 60s I dont know when Sitchin was, he has more knowledge than Sitchin too he wrote hundreds of books.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Anyway.. I thought the moon was made of Titanium?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is Mr. York credible? I'd say no...

"York predicted an alignment of seven planets on 5 May 2000 would cause 'Catastrophic Earth Changes, Polar Ice Cap Movements, Huge Tidal Waves, 500-2,000 Mph Winds, Earthquakes So Massive That Richter 12 Or More Could Be Possible.'

Finally, York claims a space ship will arrive in 2003 to collect 144,000 true Nuwaubian Nation followers and take them to another planet. It won't be hard to find York: he will still be in jail serving a long term after pleading guilty to 40 counts of aggravated child molestation, 34 counts of child molestation, one count of sexual exploitation of children, and two counts of influencing witnesses. He received a 50-year prison sentence; he will be eligible for parole in approximately 12 years."

www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Hahaha.. thats was funny, cheese

Hey, why do you think the aliens have cheddar and gorgonzola mines there?

He was puttin this out in the 60s I dont know when Sitchin was, he has more knowledge than Sitchin too he wrote hundreds of books.

I know Sitchin's book were coming out in the early 70s, not sure when he first published them though. Just seems both authors have decided to reinterpret names from Mesopotamian myth as belonging to planets (although oddly neither seem to have included Eris
)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
UBER

See what I mean. I already knew this would happen, and still you cant just stick to the info.. you said it sounded like fantasy or something, and I thought fair opinion, I thought that too! but I dont know do I? why do you have to be so ignorant when I asked to judge only the info?

What do any of us truly know about York? get me someone who was there personally, lives there, and knows him and the cases and I will maybe believe.

But as we are using a forum that deals with issues that often point to how sick and twisted our own government is, lying to us every day, causing mass genocides of people, and all the rest of it, locking up and killing people who DO try to help us... Im not surprised they locked him away with one of the most publicly detested labels that EVERYBODY will hate.

As I said earlier, Im not sticking up for noone, I dont KNOW what is what.. but info in a book isnt the dudes life. The BIBLE and religion is still out there doing well!! look at the bloodshed and lies that took to come about? Think about that one.

[edit on 09/22/2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Is Mr. York credible? I'd say no...

"York predicted an alignment of seven planets on 5 May 2000 would cause 'Catastrophic Earth Changes, Polar Ice Cap Movements, Huge Tidal Waves, 500-2,000 Mph Winds, Earthquakes So Massive That Richter 12 Or More Could Be Possible.'

Finally, York claims a space ship will arrive in 2003 to collect 144,000 true Nuwaubian Nation followers and take them to another planet. It won't be hard to find York: he will still be in jail serving a long term after pleading guilty to 40 counts of aggravated child molestation, 34 counts of child molestation, one count of sexual exploitation of children, and two counts of influencing witnesses. He received a 50-year prison sentence; he will be eligible for parole in approximately 12 years."

www.masonicinfo.com...

Planet x is '''suposedly''' that spaceship. Most of you here are stil talking about info he put out in the 60s..

Edit to re phrase... he was putting out info that was already out there... and telling people to get up and go read.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
See what I mean. I already knew this would happen, and still you cant just stick to the info..

The only info is that he uses names from Mesopotamian myth as planets, and comes up with a series completely unsubstantiated (and impossible according to current understanding of physical laws, geological processes etc) events for which he offers no evidence whatsoever.

I might as well claim the giant planet Rupert broke into 2 after being hit by a rogue sun called Freddy, that this resulted in the creation of our solar system and that the original planets from this solar system called Bert and Gertrude were flung into outer space and now orbit Alpha Centauri - which is where aliens comes from and why they seem so much like us (ie they originated in this solar system)

To take the claims seriously we need something like, er, well, evidence? Just making up a story isn't usually considered as evidence, even on ATS

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why does the Bible keep comming to mind.

People bring storys from that here all day. Its just a theory people lighten up this is the 'origins and creationisms ccnspiracys' board after all.

I know what your saying tho and Im greatful for the info, thats what I want people to do pull it apart?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

The problem is that what Mr. York is writing about took place so far in the distant past that it's probably impossible to know whether he's telling the truth or not. However, the fact that he's made erroneous predictions in the past does raise serious questions about his overall credibility.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by Sekhemet

The problem is that what Mr. York is writing about took place so far in the distant past that it's probably impossible to know whether he's telling the truth or not. However, the fact that he's made erroneous predictions in the past does raise serious questions about his overall credibility.

Yeah I know buddy, no worries, but the same gos to the bible it is all so old and messed up, and look how powerful the church is.

I dont think he really told his followers this is how it IS... he had a belief.. things changed as they gained new understanding, he said 'we dont want your stuff we want our own stuff' .. and so that was their stuff... they dont know if they are right, its a belief like everyone elses.. just some people who wanted to have something AND earn money like the system does.... you get me?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
**messd up post***

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This explanation of the moon is hardly any more bizzar than the one nasa gives or my old 7th grade science book did...all pretty much guess work... I myself think that the moon is artificial...Or that it was placed there..Things just add up way to perfect...I know some one has to win the lottery sooner or later but,... it looks like earth won the lottery over and over and over again....if we are to think that life as we knoew it would not be able to take place without our moon...!!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
mrmajestyk6309

Thats what I thought.. no more crazy than anything else. Just another theory. Why could it NOT come from the earth? and if it did maybe it was drilled out later and then lined with titanium
well those recording transcripts of the moon landing suggest it was ringing when they touched down and that the shell is only shallow and its really made of titanium... But how can I believe those transcripts either... I dont believe much at all anymore I just want to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Lunar birth theory: The moon formed when a big object whacked Earth.

In the decades since Apollo astronauts collected moon rocks, one theory has emerged over competing explanations of lunar birth the moon formed when a big object whacked Earth.

The giant impact theory proposed that at least 50 million years after the solar system formed, a large protoplanet whacked a perhaps still-molten Earth, heating and ejecting debris from both objects. Part of the debris then clumped together to form the moon, which was covered by molten rock from the heat of the collision.

Earths iron core contains about 30 percent of the planets mass. NASA said the fact the cores are so different indicates the moon was made of material blasted off of Earths outer shell by a huge impact.

www.space.com...

Interesting read Im looking for more links.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
***making this post into a new thread! sorry to keep wasting space ***

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Looks like complete fantasy, loosely based (judging by the names) on Sitchin's books ....

It's clearly wrong because it provides no explanation of how the moon came to be made of cheese

My reaction was "UGH!" because it gets so many things wrong. That bit about the Grand Canyon being leftovers of the moon formation is just... so.. proveably wrong.

Some fun things to know:
* there's not enough rubble in the asteroid belt to make up a planet even the size of Earth.
* in the asteroid belt is a large dwarf planet/asteroid called Ceres. It's hilarious that they say the ancients could see all the way to tiny Pluto (larger than Ceres but 9 BILLION miles away)... and couldn't spot Ceres.
* Likewise, another giggle is that they say they knew about Jupiter and Saturn -- but somehow forgot to notice that floating around those two worlds are several moons that are around the size of our moon. One of Jupiter's moons is about the same size as the Earth.

I kinda lost it when the writer describes the giant planets "exploding to form galaxies" (my husband asked me why I was laughing so hard, and I couldn't explain... just pointed him to the page. He started laughing.) Galaxies are not tiny little specks in the sky -- they're millions of suns spread out over a hundred thousand light years and more. Many of those suns are much larger than our own sun.

Noooo... they're not 'exploded planets'. You get that much mass together in one spot and it turns into a black hole.

If it was offered as a comic take on science, it'd be acceptable. But if someone tells you it's fact, whack them in the head with a grade school science book.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

My reaction was "UGH!" because it gets so many things wrong. That bit about the Grand Canyon being leftovers of the moon formation is just... so.. proveably wrong.

Maybe so too, post a link that can prove the canyon part wrong as you said, and we can judge whether we ...choose to believe that one either?

Im not sure why it should be any 'conspiracy' (as it says on top of this board) why the moon formed from wherever anyway, unless it did form from the earth via an 'impact' they know about and dont realy want us to know about... especially if it was an inhabited planet that impacted us. Isnt that logical thinking too?

Myths are cosmic planetary stories so old they have all been written over and over again like the bible until they are like bedtime stories. At least the ancient worlds creational stories make more sense than the bible version which was ripped off from them anyway and diluted into non existence.

there's not enough rubble in the asteroid belt to make up a planet even the size of Earth.

Is that including Ceres and the other 4 largest asteroids?
I havn'nt done the maths but Im sure someone will jump on it on wiki.. baring in mind >

the MAJORITY of the mass has been LOST since the formation of the Solar system

en.wikipedia.org...

in the asteroid belt is a large dwarf planet/asteroid called Ceres. It's hilarious that they say the ancients could see all the way to tiny Pluto (larger than Ceres but 9 BILLION miles away)... and couldn't spot Ceres.

I cant comment. Which ancients are you referring to anyway? maybe the asteroid belt was unimportant to them? I dont know.

Likewise, another giggle is that they say they knew about Jupiter and Saturn -- but somehow forgot to notice that floating around those two worlds are several moons that are around the size of our moon. One of Jupiter's moons is about the same size as the Earth.

Again you say 'they say' but who? which culture? Maybe they did know and didn't write it cause it wasnt important? or maybe 'they' were here before the IMPACT therefore there wouldnt be any asteroid belt, let alone CERES?

I kinda lost it when the writer describes the giant planets "exploding to form galaxies" (my husband asked me why I was laughing so hard, and I couldn't explain... just pointed him to the page. He started laughing.) Galaxies are not tiny little specks in the sky -- they're millions of suns spread out over a hundred thousand light years and more. Many of those suns are much larger than our own sun.

You couldnt explain and so lucky for you you have somebody to make you feel better laughing at what you dont know really. How do you know this didnt happen? what was your definition and visuals of 'giant planet' in your mind?

Im no cosmonaut by the way!

GAS giant planets...Jupiter and Saturn for example are mostly gaseous and liquid.... but these are going to be smaller than the original big daddy GIANT planets that exploded to create galaxies? look there is always something BIG that has lots of smaller things come out of it, its nature.. macrocosm / microcosm... quantum physics.. look at atoms? apply those visuals to the cosmos.

Noooo... they're not 'exploded planets'. You get that much mass together in one spot and it turns into a black hole.

Cant comment on the black hole part. Things change too, nothing is a constant.

If it was offered as a comic take on science, it'd be acceptable. But if someone tells you it's fact, whack them in the head with a grade school science book.

ITS ALL THEORY. Nobody is saying it IS fact. All we can say really about the creation of our 'solar system' is that our planets came from / via the SUN..... from there noone knows anything and its all speculation!

For all we know the sun could have been created and set spinning then 'they' dropped planets in it that they 'prepared earlier' from some other part of the universe!
new one to myself even..

It may be nuts too! but at least its not 'in the box' thinking 123 abc bla bla bla.

Science isnt anywhere compared to the POSSIBLE other advanced races out there who may have been about millions of years, growing planets themselves.. cloning, flying around in crafts we cant even think of..

Tiny human minds and brains we have? trying to be so right and explain the universe as if we are experts on the subject is what I find truly HILARIOUS.

Remember, none of you know.. not ONE of you.. even mathmatics and any other SCIENCEs are flawed when it comes to measuring the 'multiverse' with primitive instruments and primitive thinking and primitive logic.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
As long as we are quoting Wikipedia....:

"Dwight D. York (born June 26, 1945[1] or 1935[2]) is an author, black supremacist leader[3], musician, and convicted child molester, who founded various esoteric fraternal orders, and cult black nationalist groups collectively referred to as Nuwaubians.

York and the Nuwaubians came under increased government scrutiny in the early-1990s after they built Tama-Re, an ancient Egyptian-themed “city” featuring pyramids, temples, and living quarters for hundreds of his followers, in Putnam County, Georgia. He was arrested in May of 2002, charged with over 100 counts of child molestation and other charges, and was convicted in 2004 and sentenced to 135 years in prison."

Yeah, I'm gonna listen to this guy...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join