It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you see me,Now you don't!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ìI am the victim in all this, not the guilty party,î a man known only as Rafas told a court in Tehran, ìbecause I fell prey to a confidence trick. I had recently been to see a holy man, because I was looking for a way to get rich. He told me that if I paid him five million rials, he would give me a magic parchment that would make me invisible. So I did, and he gave me the parchment and a magic chant to recite, which goes ëUm Du Jum Gee Samm Illy Keckoí. But it now seems to me that I was tricked, and that the holy man took advantage of my trusting nature.î
Earlier, the judge had heard from the manís defence counsel, who explained how Rafas had attempted to rob a bank in Tehran. ìBank staff were astonished to see the defendant stride calmly into the bank, jump over the counter, and begin to help himself to large quantities of money. He carried no weapon, just a large bag and his magic parchment. He kept repeating the phrase ëUm Du Jum Gee Samm Illy Keckoí, and he seemed genuinely to believe that he was invisible. He was quickly and easily overpowered, but it took him several days to accept that everybody could see him, whether he carried his parchment and recited his mantra or not.î (Jam-e-Jam [Iran], 7/11/02

www.private-eye.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Funny

new topics

join