It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHMADINEJAD: bombs *not planes*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Read the interview.

AHMADINEJAD CBS INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT

So many truths in his speech.. very little falsehoods and no propaganda!!

Unlike the Bush's psyop-rants which are 90% lies and propaganda.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There have been many threads about this already, but yes, he sounds intelligent and honest, which is very refreshing compared to the Bush administration.

He is also very aware of how the american media is very biased, and even cant prevent himself from smiling during the interview because of it. As he says: "It seems to me it's laughable for someone to turn a blind eye to the truth and accuse others".

Thats exactly what they are doing. He is right, and I dont care who he is. The man is right about this.

Next quote:

"Because for eight years they supported Saddam against my nation. Many hundreds of thousands of people were killed. Thousands of people were chemically bombarded. Many people were killed in their own houses. This very city of Tehran was the target of more than 100 missiles. Many people were killed in Tehran. But Saddam was being supported by American officials."

And the americans still dont understand why they create anger in the world?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"American people still don't know who was behind the bombing of the Twin Towers. Many books in the U.S. have been written about the incident., and there are questions circling in your society."

Hehe, he agrees with Bush, BOMBS were in the buildings:

u2r2h.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i liked this part.... it's very true... ans i always wonder why bush wont find a spine to sit in front of this man and talk.. nushes actions speak for him... he would look stupid IMHO.

PELLEY: I asked President Bush what he would say to you if he were sitting in this chair. And he told me, quote, speaking to you, that you've made terrible choices for your people. You've isolated your nation. You've taken a nation of proud and honorable people and made your country the pariah of the world. These are President Bush's words to you. What's your reply to the president?

AHMADINEJAD: Well, President Bush is free to think as he pleases and to say what he pleases. I don't oppose the freedom of speech. I believe in freedom of speech. President Bush is free to say what he pleases. But these would not change the truth. So that President Bush knows the Iranian people are dearly loved today. We can very well put this to the test to find out who has become isolated. Again, maybe one of my friends could go to another country and a friend of President Bush could go to the same country, find out which one of us is isolated. You're free to choose any country you like. I don't think that President Bush has said these things. Rather, I prefer to think that this is your impression of what the president has said.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is outrageous. Is there honestly a thread here where people are talking about what an insightful and intelligent person Ahmadinejad is??

Simply unbelievable.

For God's sake people, this man doesn't believe the Holocaust happened! Does that sound like a man who is intelligent and honest?

I'm at a complete loss for words here....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Compared tu Bush I have no doubts he is by far a lot smarter.
Also I actually agree with him that Iranians are better looked at than Americans due to Mr. Bush policy. I am not so sure he actually denied the holocaust do you have a transcript of the interview?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here you go, here's two. (Sorry, the links are no longer active, but pulled from Wiki sources)

* "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, has again caused international outcry by repeating his view that the Holocaust was a myth. In a speech broadcast live on state television on Wednesday, Ahmadinejad told a crowd in the southern city of Zahedan: 'They have fabricated a legend under the name Massacre of the Jews, and they hold it higher than God himself, religion itself and the prophets themselves. If somebody in their country questions God, nobody says anything, but if somebody denies the myth of the massacre of Jews, the Zionist loudspeakers and the governments in the pay of Zionism will start to scream."

"Ahmadinejad: Holocaust a myth", Al Jazeera, December 15, 2005.

* "'They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets,' Ahmadinejad said in a speech to thousands of people in the Iranian city of Zahedan, according to a report on Wednesday from Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting. 'The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion, and the prophets,' he said. '(It) deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religion, and the prophet.'".

"Iranian leader: Holocaust a 'myth'", CNN, December 14, 2005.

Incredibly insightful.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
This is outrageous. Is there honestly a thread here where people are talking about what an insightful and intelligent person Ahmadinejad is??

Simply unbelievable.

For God's sake people, this man doesn't believe the Holocaust happened! Does that sound like a man who is intelligent and honest?

I'm at a complete loss for words here....

Well, most americans refuse to believe 9/11 was a inside job by the american government. Most americans dont understand why they are hated. Some americans want to bomb people wearing ugly hats. Some americans want to attack countries because the leader has ugly clothes. And so on.

You have a tendency to see things in black and white I think. Even if the iranian president doesnt believe the holocaust happened, why does that make him less intelligent and honest?

I believe it happened, so I think he is wrong about that, but I still appreciate him voicing his opinion about it, and I also think the rest of the things he says are very true. You are taking one peace of opinion you dont like and judge the rest as worthless.

Good luck finding someone who only have the exact same opinions you do...

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"Iranian leader: Holocaust a 'myth'", CNN, December 14, 2005.

Incredibly insightful.

And why exactly does this shock you nyk537?

I myself do not believe the mass-exterminations happened.

So let´s see: that´s me, the President of Iran, and about 10.000 people all over the world, mostly Scholars I might add, who do not believe in the Holocaust. Any sane person who does the research and the math can come to no other conclusion that the Holocaust is the most blatent piece of post WWII propaganda which was ever created, a gross lie which has damaged generations and generations of Germans and which has enriched generations and generations of Israëli. It has become so bad that you will now be thrown in jail for simply expressing (scientific) doubts on even small parts of the testimony given by the so-called eye-witnesses.

If you want to know what really happened look for my thread on the Holocaust where there are links to online information.

Yes, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a very intelligent, well spoken and educated individual. Anyone claiming anything else has not read the recent 60-minutes interview transcript or the other interviews he has given with the western media (like e.g. Spiegel).

Get over your ignorance and do some research yourself for a change...

Think dammit!

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Truth4hire]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Some americans want to bomb people wearing ugly hats. Some americans want to attack countries because the leader has ugly clothes. And so on.

Really? Where are the people who want to attack countries because of it's leaders clothes? I've never heard that. I think your using extreme examples here that do nothing to validate your point.

You have a tendency to see things in black and white I think. Even if the iranian president doesnt believe the holocaust happened, why does that make him less intelligent and honest?

Because the holocaust DID happen. That's why. I think you are the one seeing things in black and white.

I believe it happened, so I think he is wrong about that, but I still appreciate him voicing his opinion about it, and I also think the rest of the things he says are very true. You are taking one peace of opinion you dont like and judge the rest as worthless.

Good luck finding someone who only have the exact same opinions you do...

I don't need luck. There are millions of Americans who have the same opinions I do. There are millions of people who think this man is a madman bent on destroying us.

Although when I realize how many people think like some do. Perhaps luck IS what I need.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Because the holocaust DID happen. That's why. I think you are the one seeing things in black and white.

And all this because nyk537 says so. Period!

If nyk537 keeps this up, I am going to challenge nyk537 to a duel and see if he has done his homework. I know I have.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
And why exactly does this shock you nyk537?

I myself do not believe the mass-exterminations happened.

So let´s see: that´s me, the President of Iran, and about 10.000 people all over the world, mostly Scholars I might add, who do not believe in the Holocaust. Any sane person who does the research and the math can come to no other conclusion that the Holocaust is the most blatent piece of post WWII propaganda which was ever created, a gross lie which has damaged generations and generations of Germans and which has enriched generations and generations of Israëli. It has become so bad that you will now be thrown in jail for simply expressing (scientific) doubts on even small parts of the testimony given by the so-called eye-witnesses.

Wow. That's a pretty small percentage of people "all over the world" who buys that garbage. By the way, one of the "so-called eye-witnesses" to this "propaganda" was my great grandfather, who thank god was still alive up until a few years ago. He was a United States solider who was able to liberate a large group of people from a prison camp. You can't tell me that he didn't see what he saw. You can't tell me that he is part of a piece of "propaganda" to make Germans look bad. Sounds to me like you are a bit to gullible my friend.

If you want to know what really happened look for my thread on the Holocaust where there are links to online information.

No thanks. I know all I need to know about you and your "theories" already.

Yes, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a very intelligent, well spoken and educated individual. Anyone claiming anything else has not read the recent 60-minutes interview transcript or the other interviews he has given with the western media (like e.g. Spiegel).

Really? Because I just read the entire transcript, and I still find him to be a rambling mad-man. He constantly dodged every direct question he was given and repeated the same propaganda over and over. He constantly criticized the reporter saying "you can not speak for your country", but "I can speak for mine". This is a man who does not recognize Israel as a country and who wants to wipe them off the face of the earth. I think he's slightly more insane than intelligent.

Get over your ignorance and do some research yourself for a change...

Think dammit!

I was thinking the same thing....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

By the way, one of the "so-called eye-witnesses" to this "propaganda" was my great grandfather, who thank god was still alive up until a few years ago. He was a United States solider who was able to liberate a large group of people from a prison camp. You can't tell me that he didn't see what he saw.

I can tell you exactly what he saw if you give me the name of the prison camp. I strongly urge you to consider that the following:

* starving inmates due to lack of food and supplies
* dying inmates due to tyfus due to lack of medication
* piles and piles of dead prisoners due to desease and malnutrition

Does not equate to mass murder by poison gas. In fact no single body (not one) has been identified as being a death caused by gas, either Diesel or Zyklon-B. And that´s on the record.

Do not think for one moment that there weren´t post-war publications and testimonials by even Jewish inmates completely denying the mass-exterminations. There were and they were strictly suppressed and beaten down.

Harsh treatment, yes. A lot of needless camp deaths during the final stages of the war, yes. A predetermined mass-extermination plan NO.

No thanks. I know all I need to know about you and your "theories" already.

I wish they were my theories, I would be really proud to call the work of those scholars my own, but sadly I just refer to their work.

But I guess it requires a certain amount of intelligence to think for yourself and read a couple of pages (ok more like 5,000) on the subject to come to the same conclusions as I did. An intelligence not all are blessed with (alas).

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
I can tell you exactly what he saw if you give me the name of the prison camp. I strongly urge you to consider that the following:

* starving inmates due to lack of food and supplies
* dying inmates due to tyfus due to lack of medication
* piles and piles of dead prisoners due to desease and malnutrition

I don't need you to tell me what he saw. He told me himself, and I'll take his word over yours any day. All of those listed he did see, and they were a direct result of the the Nazi's. They were a direct result of an attempted genocide.

Does not equate to mass murder by poison gas. In fact no single body (not one) has been identified as being a death caused by gas, either Diesel or Zyklon-B. And that´s on the record.

The most probable reason for this is because the Nazi's took great care to make sure there plan was not discovered. That's why the bodies were cremated after they were killed.

Do not think for one moment that there weren´t post-war publications and testimonials by even Jewish inmates completely denying the mass-exterminations. There were and they were strictly suppressed and beaten down.

Please, provide some of these.

Harsh treatment, yes. A lot of needless camp deaths during the final stages of the war, yes. A predetermined mass-extermination plan NO.

Where is your proof that there was no predetermined plan?

But I guess it requires a certain amount of intelligence to think for yourself and read a couple of pages (ok more like 5,000) on the subject to come to the same conclusions as I did. An intelligence not all are blessed with (alas).

True. Because we all know "true" intelligence only comes from reading thousands of pages of text and bragging about it.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
However, we digress.

This thread is not about whether or not the Holocaust took place. I have turned the topic of discussion away from the OP's theme, and for that I apologize. I will take this discussion somewhere else.

Truth...if you would truly like to debate me on this, I'll let the Vagabond know and he can set us up in the H2H forum with a debate. I'd be happy to have a go with you.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Ugly hats? Ugly clothes? I'm sorry I can't recall any war started under those premise. As far as the Holocast happening, when someone says a major world event didn't happened, then that is denying the truth to better fit your agenda. When someone says that terrorist knocked down the Twin Towers, I bet you jump all over them saying it was an inside job. That is their opinion and they voiced it though.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Truth...if you would truly like to debate me on this, I'll let the Vagabond know and he can set us up in the H2H forum with a debate. I'd be happy to have a go with you.

Now you´re talking! Please make it so captain...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Truth4hire and nyk537

If ya'll get a debate going please post a link in this thread.
I'm really interested in hearing both sides in a civil manner.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The man makes a a couple of good points, but for the most part he is a hate mongering dictator who can't be trusted, IMO. I surprised no Columbia students have been reported tasered yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I watched this from Christchurch this morning, and IMO, he is no different than any other politician. He was asked, more than once the "Jewish State" question...never did he give a direct answer to that question, he was even given the opprotunity to just yes or no it...and still avoided it.

All politocos are the same, when confronted with a question that they know will enevitably lead to their real opinions on tha matter...duck and dodge.

The thing that took me aback was...this man rambles!...for a world leader and serious academic by his own admission, he was all over the place...no real direction to his answers.

And I found his "I'm speaking to the American people" line disingenuous.

and to Truth4hire just because you subscribe to some sort of revisionist history that does not include the holocaust does not mean it did not happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join