It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Make sure you get all the ATS staff and any clebs you meet on Nov5th to sign it

do you get to take a guest jack?......i mean wife/partner etc i wasnt hinting take me,i couldnt go even if i wanted to ...which i do lol

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Maybe ATS is the core, but there could be more parts and platforms no?
Springer...

Let's think bigger... I gotta let Mom on the terminal...
TTFN Mira

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I don't know all of the details yet

This REVOLUTION is exciting

I hope to know more soon

Stay tuned!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have been busy this day with scary things that are to take place the day after tomorrow.

I am so glad someone got it I have had a headache from dreaming Dollnean.

Congrats to you and I wait patiently for the 5th.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Oh we will be stayng tuned we are hoping to see you live via webacam come the day of the Revoultion

no presure only 1000s of us watching you live lol

be sure to take lots of photos ...and a nice write up would be a treat

its not just a party you know

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Additional accolades and personal expressions of sheer AWE go out to our Tee Shirt winners as well.

Thanks Springer.

Looking forward to seeing it via webcam.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"TAN - A continually evolving self-feeding content ideation, creation, and publishing ecosystem", SkepticOverlord 2007

Based on Crakeurs answer to enjoies05 of 1,3,4,5 and 8, as being correct, I would like to point out that 6 and 7 are the only two consecutive missing numbers which would relate to 6 and 7 as being at 6:00 and 4:30 using a clock orientation.

"TAN LLC - Content Ideation, Creation, and Publishing Ecosystem"

Assuming that Crakeur is correct and this orientation is cogent then 1 is center (TAN LLC), 2 is at 12:00 and incorrect, 3, 4, 5 are correct; Videos, Television and Internet, 6 and 7 are incorrect and 8 is Books, and correct.

To use the clock orientation offered by V Kaminski I submit the following attempt:

1) True Blue Core Sphere: The AboveNetwork LLC (correct by enjoies05)
2) Go For It Green Sphere at 12:00: Audio (Mira)
3) Mo-Mo Mauve Sphere at 1:30: User Content (Mira)
4) Must Have Mustard Sphere at 3:00: Books (correct enjoies05)
5) Porta-Power Pink Sphere at 4:30: Podcasting (Mira)
6) Legend Lime Sphere at 6:00: Newsletter (Mira)
7) Gonzo Grape Sphere at 7:30: Internet (correct enjoies05)
8) Tangerine Dream Sphere at 9:00: Television (correct enjoies05)
9) Violet-Lavender Sphere at 10:30: Videos (correct enjoies05)

Mira_of_lurk0more

EDITAGE: "Broxton-Hicks" or the other "Twin"? Suspense and excitement for myself either way.

Mira!

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Marty_of_lurk0more

Great to now have you with us "officially", Marty... Mira has done a ton of work here... Wish I'd had even half her insight at 18 -- you and Tommy has raised her brilliantly, in more ways than one

Thank you for the good news about Tommy! We are really looking forward to having him back here very soon...

Cyber hugs to you guys,

Mike

[edit on 30-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

First and Foremost... CONGRATULATIONS Jak!

You are a Scholar and a WINNER.

Additional accolades and personal expressions of sheer AWE go out to our Tee Shirt winners as well. This thread is a prime example of the type of collaboration that TAN seeks to present to the WORLD. The CROWD is always "smarter" than the individual.

Next, let me say that the little "hint" I gave about "more than the one" (paraphrased for your utter confusion of course) is VERY applicable to the spheres as well.

Springer...

Thank you, Springer -- from all of us

Hmmm...In the pdsd-induced (***see note) sleep-walking post I wrote [here] about an hour before yours (above), I mentioned "Crowd power", because my understanding is that it is the “crowd” of the new “ecosystem” that will determine content. I gave an example or two of where this kind of user- (ie “crowd-”) based system would be beneficial in improving the relevance and hence the value of content…

Deriving from this -- and I apologise to everyone who has been working so hard on this -- but I don’t agree that ATS/TAN has to occupy the centre sphere in the image. It just seems to me that as all of the depicted components of the image effectively gravitate around the center one and have two-way interaction with it, then the centre has to contain that which drives the new vision -- namely, the pool/crowd/group of users (and creators) without whom the entire thing is irrelevant. The smaller spheres feed into the larger one, allowing it to maintain and grow itself and feed back to all the smaller ones. But without a centre -- a "core" or a "heart", the ecosystem will wither and die, for the centre is effectively its life energy source -- much in the same way as the sun is for us. Take away the sun's energy and all our efforts and interactions will be for nothing. (True, it's a crummy analogy because we don't directly feed back to the sun but it's the best I can come up with at the moment.)

You and others have told us that this thing is bigger than ATS/TAN and its members, so for me, ATS/TAN is not the centre. It’s a vital component but I think we need to look beyond ourselves as we are here (ie within ATS/TAN). Were these changes to be unveiled on Nov 5th only applicable to ATS/TAN and its present or future membership, it would be a different story -- but “a continually evolving self-feeding content creation, ideation, and publishing ecosystem” is far broader in scope.

This site has around 120,000 members, give or take 10k. That’s pretty impressive. But the WWW (not just “internet” -- WWW) has a “membership” of users/contributors that must, even at a very conservative estimate, run at something over 20% of the world’s population, giving it something like 1,200,000,000 users at least…meaning that we here form only about 0.0001% of that user base if my morning maths is not completely up the spout.

True, we members here may provide a core group and foundation to grow this ecosystem, and so we as individuals form part of its core, but not merely within our personae as ATS/TAN members. But considering the 1.2 billion plus and growing user/contributor base that exists, if this new vision will allow the ATS/TAN organization and its partners to tap into that huge pool and grow a new “ecosystem” from it, by offering them something that is simply far better and far in advance of anything else they can access, use, contribute to and ideate from, then the implications are absolutely staggering.

Sooo…that’s why I think the “crowd” should take the centre.

That’s my take on it this grey October morning before my second cup of coffee…I hope I’ve not upset too many people.

*** Note: "pdsd" is "post-dollnean stress disorder"

EDITED to add: Crakeur said that the words in spheres numbered 1,3,4,5, & 8 are correct. This is valuable input -- but I don't follow the assumption that sphere number one is the centre sphere. Maybe it's my different (ie warped
) thinking, but to me, number one would be at the top. The centre sphere is the centre and unique in respect of its size and that location, so it doesn't need a number to identify it. It's the focus. Harking back to my crummy "sun" analogy above, what number is our planet? Third rock from the sun...

What number is the sun, then?

Okay, the sphere diagram is about an evolving ecosystem, not a solar system. (I admitted it was a poor analogy.) But all the same, I hope I've made my point, even if no-one else agrees with me.

However, my own assumptions in respect of numbering versus physical positioning could be equally wrong. Therefore, while all the other spheres need some kind of formalized system to identify them, it might be more effective to see if Crakeur, SO or Springer will spring the info about which other spheres are correctly labeled based upon their colours. They are all uniquely coloured, so even a confirmation of two of them would assist in assigning positions to all which have been allowed as correctly "interpreted".

I think it's not unreasonable to assume that their varied colours are intended to aid in their identification. Sure, the colours could have symbolic relevance (and I posted about colour symbolism several days ago in this regard), but it's a stretch to apply such symbolism to all of them, so why not make use of this aspect on their uniqueness?

So -- I ask two questions: is the centre sphere numbered 1? If "yes" my own assumptions are shot to pieces
. But if "no", what colour is number one, and what colours are the other "confirmed" spheres?

Sorry if I seem crabby this morning, everyone.
I am not a "morning person".

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks Springer.Just give us time to rest before the next one OK?
I'll be puttin' on the ritz with my tee shirt and posting pics on BTS!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
"*** Note: "pdsd" is "post-dollnean stress disorder"

OMG! LMAO!
We have our own Platoon,and mental illnesses now....too funny.
Actually last night was the best rest I have had in 2 weeks straight.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Along the lines of The Crowd being centre stage here and the crowd in the phrase being expressed by the ecosystem. Couldn't the center sphere then be...

Publishing
Ecosystem.

Being fed and controlled by the outer spheres??

CTH

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I also wouldn't be too surprised with some reference to the Conspiracy Masters and the Tinwiki in there somewhere..Just a thought..

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

Paging Doctor Overlord!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

It could be "publishing ecosystem". Something-or-other-centrally-valid plus "ecosystem" anyway.

EDITED to add: O M Gosh I just realized it's Tuesday...I've been running around in a panic to get ready for work, but today I start 2 hours later than yesterday... So at least I can post re-considered thoughts.

CthulhuRising, on reflection I think that actually the word "ecosystem" would not belong in the centre, because the whole image is a simplified representation of the ecosystem that is defined in the (ex)dollnean statement. We have been told this by SO. This being so, then it just doesn't seem to follow that one sphere will be labelled ecosystem. That would be the effective label for the whole thing.

However, it could still be that as the "crowd" is the key to reason for this thing's existence, it should take the centre square. The crowd itself is not the ecosystem, but it is the focal point of it.

Sorry for repeating myself.

(End of edit.)

Thank you for reading and considering my post. I hope it helps in some way.

Must fly -- work awaits.

Mike

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ahem, is this thing on? hello? Hi, Crakeur here. Uh, hmm, the numbers, uh, I was kidding.

For starters, how do you know where I started counting from? Second, did I go clockwise or counter clockwise? Maybe I started with 1 in the center.

I made up the numbers. and the amount of correct. To make it up to y'all, I'll go and find that image and give you the exact count of correct answers.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just got back from my run and making Attila brekky...

A Peaches and Herb "meme" to "jam" the controller with a ping flood.

Shake it, shake it

Shake your dollnean, shake your dollnean, yeah, yeah
Show 'em how WE do it now....

Kidding, kidding... I have "spares" till lunch... no kidding.

I'd like a liittle feedback on my rational for my solution attempt... I tried to work the numbers based on "core controller logic" actually... too bad "the chip" is errata-ware. The colors? I worked the visio-mnemonics...

Mira!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ok, here's the tally:

one is correct and in the right sphere.
one is close - wrong format for this day and age
three are correct and in the wrong spheres

now, if y'all would stop Taking my eVery word as to which one is right and where that one should be, I might not feel so guilty whenever I post something that leads you astray.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Top-spin smash from 10 feet... Beck-at-cha!

In the time of chimpanzees I was a thousandth of a monkey
Dollnean in my brains and I'm out to cut the junk-heap
With the plastic-eye balls, spray-taint the contextuals
Fog-food stalls with the cheesecake Overlord
Kill the headlights and put it in fruitful
Stock cart flamin' with a "loser" and the crew's control
Baby's in Reno with the "Vitamin E"
Got a couple of coaches, sleep on the love-seat
Someone came in sayin' I'm insane to complain
About a shotgun wedding and a stain on the Revo-shirt
Don't believe everything that you seeth
You get a barking violation and a donkey on your sleeve
So shave your face with some grace in the dark
Savin' all your food stamps and burnin down' the trailer park

Yo, cut it. Cheque.

I'm a "loser" baby, so why don't you thrill me?

Forces of evil on a Bozo nightmare
Ban all the music with a phony gas chamber
Cuz one's got a weasel and the others got a flag
Ones on the pole, shove the other in a bag
With the rerun shows and the dollnean nose-job
The daytime crap of the folksonomic blob
He hung himself with a data-star string
A slab of turkey-neck and it's hangin' from a bluebird wing
You can't right if you cant relate
Trade-in Dollnean for the beef for the body for the gate
And my time is a piece of fact fallin' on a term-right
Thats cloakin' on the splitters...

Yo. Cut it. Cheque.

Get crazy with the Dollnean
Drive-by body-parse
Yo, think it on down
Your a driver, I'm a winner; things are gonna change I can feel it
I can't believe you - work it on down
Know what I'm sayin?

Mira cracks a walnut, Attila phones travel agent.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
and back to the drawing board for everyone...

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join