It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

Darn, well I shoulda checked that out before throwing it out. Sorry for makieng you proffread my sloppy-ness

Thanks all the same though

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If self-evolving is one word I came up with this diddy.

A CONTINUALLY SELF-EVOLVING ECOSYSTEM, AROUND IDEATION AND BELIEF, THEN IGNITING CONCEPTS

uses all the letters but i feel there should be something before around.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

One thing's for sure...if we take "continually and a ideation evolving ecosystem" as being in the final answer, there must still be a couple of pretty long words in there. Short prepositions like "of"...there may be one but that would be about the limit.

"A couple...long words"? Buddy - I gotta tell 'ya: after running through thousands of potential combinations myself, I think that the remaining words are not only long, but two or three are likely in the 9-12-letter range, loaded with consonants, probably one or two sets of double consonants, and, at the most, one short preposition, if any. If a short word like "of" IS used, that would necessarily increase the length of the remaining words (and also use up one of the precious vowels remaining). Remember: WayBabe Springer confirmed there are eleven and only eleven words in the solution phrase.

I'm currently working with a few "mega-words" (9+ letters) in the mix, like "friendships" (11 letters, 3 vowels), "redefining" (10 letters, 4 vowels), "different" (9 letters, 3 vowels), "benefiting" (10 letters, 4 vowels). "neighbors" (9 letters, 3 vowels) - like that. Mathematically, there MUST be at least one and possibly 2 of these "mega-words" (high letter count, few vowels) in the phrase.

I'm also leaning more and more toward multiple "-ing"s. there are plenty of I-N-G letters laying around, and they fit well with the words given.

Back to the grindstone. Man, my eyes hurt.

BTW - since we're talking and sharing (hmmm... "sharing" (7 letters, and only 2 vowels!) - MAKE IT STOP!!)...

Where was I...? Oh yeah - Since we're sharing tools, the anagram solvers out there are truly plentiful (though only marginally helpful since you still must tax your brain to plant seeds) - but another on I've been turning to (among others) is Decrypto 8.1 by Edwin Olson at MIT. You may want to try it. Of course, the most satisfying (frustrating) results have come from my trusty custom spreadsheet, laid out in tables, with formulas built in for letter/word counts and algorithms for removing spent characters. Has it gotten me very far? No.

Maybe the fine gents in the virtual ivory towers of ATS will toss down a few morsels to us lowly serfs in short order. Like today. Now. please?

"Hail, Hail, the Mighty Overlord..."

Ahhh...It's good to be the King.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

[edit-fix syntax]

[edit to add: wow - SO came through with a h-i-n-t while I was typing this (has happened before, eh?). Thanks!!]

Hark!! To The Spreadsheets!!!

[edit on 10/29/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Yea but this post by SO

X XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXX-XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX, XXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX.

it shows three words before the hyphenated word comes in.

I believe these words and numbers of letters in the words, and all the puncuation is correct. Please someone , SO maybe, correct if I am wrong.

and those first 3 words, as far as letter letter numbers in the words go. "A continually evolving... , fits perfectly.

I also can't help but to notice the last word has nine letters, and so does ecosystem. Also the word before the first comma is the only other 8 letter word so that would be ideation imo.

Giving

A continually evolving XXXX-XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ideation, XXXXXXXX, and XXXXXXXXXX ecosystem.

that leaves us with the letters: one moment...

"nchleoigtitnioncrealdbpniesstefnf"

hmmm no U? so "user-XXXXXXX" is a no go.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I posted my stuff above then saw SO's post. Many thanks, Bill!

In summary, it's like this:

Letters:

1 X
11 XXXXXXXXXXX
8 XXXXXXXX
4-7 XXXX-XXXXXXX
7 XXXXXXX
8 XXXXXXXX,
8 XXXXXXXX,
3 XXX
10 XXXXXXXXXX
9 XXXXXXXXX.

First word is “A”, second is probably “continually”, third is probably “evolving”, fourth and fifth unknown, but most likely a noun phrase (aka sometimes called an adjectival phrase), following word (sixth) may be an adjective; seventh is likely a noun and I'd suspect it's "ideation", the eighth unknown but likely another noun (either a plural or an uncountable singular noun, as there is no indefinite article in that one-word "phrase"), but it could be an adjective, the ninth must be “and”, tenth unknown -- probably an adjective, and the last could be “ecosystem”.

So:

A continually evolving XXXX-XXXXXXX (Noun phrase??) XXXXXXX (adjective??) ideation, XXXXXXXX (noun), and XXXXXXXXXX ecosystem.

Perhaps:

A continually evolving self-defining XXXXXXX ideation, XXXXXXXX, and XXXXXXXXX ecosystem.

OK I gotta go and find three words...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

A continually evolving user-content XXXXXXX ideation, XXXXXXXX, and XXXXXXXXXX ecosystem.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

self-defining content?

is content still available?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Do we have enough U's for that?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yes, I agree with your reasoning and I made the same point about using short prepositions. However, it's all now moot because we know what the length and order of the words are.

Edit: Typo fixed

[edit on 29-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well it looks like we're all on the same page with the words we've put in, us three. These are what I have left over

nchleoigtitnioncrealdbpniesstefnf

I don't see a U.

I may have mucked it up I'm working from a sheet of paper from a couple days ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

We do.....lol

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I totally missed that post from SO, looking now.

That is a big help!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
nchleoigtitnioncrealdbpniesstefnf

interesting mike.

I believe with a quick look, "Self-defining content" is available with the letters remaining above.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

self-defining content?

is content still available?

Yes, content is still available. Cool...I had that in the mix that I dumped a few minutes ago to re-input from scratch with SO's iinfo
(Hits self on forehead...CLANNNGGG!!)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

oh cripes, I messed it up from the get go then somehow. Either, we are only a few words away now. Where is Access Denied? Outrageo?

Now's the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

A continually evolving user-content XXXXXXX ideation, XXXXXXXX, and XXXXXXXXXX ecosystem.

Letters left: , hlg iton cte ald bpigni esefnf

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

self-defining is to long for the amount of xx's

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

YEP...Thats what Im getting...
A continually evolving user-content digital ideation, xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx ecosystem.
I get 18 letters left if those words are correct.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Sorry out running errands for the first time in a freakin week.
Here now...Lets crack this baby!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Working, my friend, like y'all, feverishly working...

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum... I smell the blood of an English Mum...

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join