It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Okay. I have been following this thread since day one, and figured out at least some little bit.

I believe that ATS will be converted into a program. Specifically, an application service provider (ASP). I came up with this reasoning from the referances to iTunes and, most recently joost. I think it will be a new way to access, upload, and share information. Think along the lines of a program, that is minimally system invasive, yet fully functional, and accessible from any machine or terminal.

As for the spheres and phrase, I am useless in that respect, however I commend all of you who have worked dilligantly for an answer. Thumbs up all around.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here's the word's,omitting duplicates that I have posted

evolution November fifth imagine digital global revolution dynamite essence conscience content imagine ATS NYC ethics continually.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I did it, I did it, I got a zero on the anagram meter, it's my birthday...it's my birthday.

Don't count the R's

Beginning Nov. fifth, Ceo's Simon, Mark and Bill-the three Amigo's, continually and simultaneously broadcast a live Above Top Secret.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My Dollnean is really smartin so I'm hitting the sack, good night and have sweet esstefmnf's.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just made

Waiting for the new video......

Do we have to figure out where it is?

[edit on 2007/10/27 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
All I can say is that it's a good thing that we weren't in charge of breaking the German Enigma and Japanese Purple encryption systems. History might have ended up a bit different.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

It wasn't for lack of trying!!

Not that, that would have been a good excuse back then

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just for fun I opened that revo-evo-lution.jpg/BS as text. I suppose it can be "jimmied" but the date was interesting if accurate:

[SNIP]

Buddy wouldn't shoe-away the bird... thought it was more important to make a little point I suppose.

Rodeo suggests a clown. My Dad mentioned something about a clown hacker a year or so ago but I didn't pay it much attention. I don't like clowns personally other than in the circus, they are fake and hide behind masks...

Yes, let's see this next video-carrot. LOL.

Mira

------------------------------
removed personal information

[edit on 18/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
All I can say is that it's a good thing that we weren't in charge of breaking the German Enigma and Japanese Purple encryption systems. History might have ended up a bit different.

Hi there,

I understand you are injecting a bit of levity (and thank you for that), but cracking the original Enigma machine's system was a task that took years, not the few weeks that we have been allowed for this. True, it was more complex, but it was also tackled by a very dedicated and gifted team of mathematicians who had taken specialized courses in cryptology. I posted about this on this thread (on Oct 20) and gave a link to Dr Tuma's paper that discusses the techniques. Here's [the link to the report about Enigma] for anyone who'd like to read up on it.

I am very puzzled and a bit worried by Springer's statement about "three words". Others posted replies to this but just to back them up here is some documentation:

Crakeur gave two on Oct 25 (time stamp 12.27pm) in this way:

For the lady and the cat, and you other cool cats playing along, two words from the puzzle.

a

and

enjoy

and later, on Oct 26 he confirmed this when he wrote:

seeing as I gave you guys two words and I think SO gave you the third,
and this was before Springer gave us "ideation" -- and in response to my post about it, Springer later confirmed that "ideation" is a word in the solution.

Bill had already given us "continually" (and it was unequivocal), so with "and", "a', and "ideation" that makes four words. (For those who wonder if Crakeur meant the words were "a" and "enjoy", the latter cannot be correct as the text does not contain the letter "j".)

Therefore, I do not see why Springer said that none of our posts contained all the known words and even said the three known words. I posted a querying response to him within minutes, giving a link to one of my own posts which has all those words and also mentioning that there were others too, but he didn't reply. It looks like no-one noticed what I wrote, actually, as other posters went along and responded to his statements as well, which leads me to think that perhaps although I posted, it just didn't appear on screen. Though it's frustrating, because I put an alphabetical list of possibly useful words in that post as well, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm also puzzled that some of you seemed to ditch "and" as one of the definites; your reasons for doing so are obscure to me. Crakeur said it is there and no other senior ATS person has refuted his statements so...

I dunno. I'm just confused.

Also adding to the confusion...

Where is the post by Springer that says all the words have been mentioned? Members here have stated that this is the case and there have been suggestions following from this, that we only need to go back through all posts and assemble a list of suggested words then quantify them to get the answer. But I have checked every post he has made on this thread and nowhere can I find any statement by Springer that all the words have been mentioned/posted already. If anyone can tell me where he did then please point me in the right direction.

I have now come back on line at a time when most of you are where Morpheus holds sway, and see that the thinking has apparently turned around somewhat and now the names of the Three Amigos are being worked into this dollnean statement. I have not yet figured out if you are all just kidding or not.
It's a problem of perspective, maybe.

Okay I went back and read your posts again for this edit and you are clearly kidding on that one

I need my second coffee of this Sunday morning.

If this post makes no sense to anyone and/or is all entirely irrelevant (and it could well be) then let me know and I'll shut up/stay out of this for the duration. I'd rather not be posting stuff that clutters up the thread and gets you all nowhere closer to an answer. At the very least I clearly need some guidance for it's plain that much of what I've written has been useless and probably counter-productive.
I apologise for that.

Please...do not take any offence for my tone here. You are all very cool people.
I am just very annoyed with myself for probably wasting your time by obviously missing some vital points -- and even on review I can't find them!!

Okay I'll come back later when at least some other members are on line.

Regards,

Mike

[edit on 28-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

Well Mira..it was worth a try..thanks for that.You get an "A" for effort from me.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike..believe me..I understand the frustration..but we are spinning our wheels here.
I believe, until the 3 or 4 word dilemma is solved...and until there is a new video, or new clues...Iam going to just sit back and wait.I have already devoted way too much time to this for nada. I will be watching for more clues, but what we have now is not enough. There isn't even confirmation anywhere that the other words like Imagine, Evolution, Revolution, or any others listed are even anywhere close to being accurate.
Iam getting a little tired of being a jester to the King's court.
Don't worry..I'm still here.Just backing off a bit.
Jack I think is bordering on a nervous Breakdown.So hang in there guys, I'm not leaving, just waiting.Besides...it's Race day...I gotta watch my NASCAR.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thank you for that...

Btw, does anyone know what it means when Springer's "mood" says

Mood: I LOVE M.G.A.
? I tried googling "M.G.A." and got about 45 million hits...
I'm not so much suggesting it has anything to do with this thread. I'd just like to know what it means.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Perhaps his significant others initials?
I don't think it means anything....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Where is the post by Springer that says all the words have been mentioned? Members here have stated that this is the case and there have been suggestions following from this, that we only need to go back through all posts and assemble a list of suggested words then quantify them to get the answer. But I have checked every post he has made on this thread and nowhere can I find any statement by Springer that all the words have been mentioned/posted already. If anyone can tell me where he did then please point me in the right direction.

Hey Mike. I suggested it based on this post by Springer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have yet to see a complete list of ALL the KNOWN words in a single post

Now going back to read it this morning( I may have been a bit inebriated last night while posting that) I think I misinterpreted his words. I believe that he meant that he hasn't seen all the word's they have given us in one post. My bad. Apologies to all. My head hurts this morning

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The initials "M.G.A." might "mean" a bunch of stuff. The successful production company for the "Bratz" is called MGA Entertainment.

It could also be representative of Magna Interrnational "A" stock.

I like this one, key in markallin as a .com... Presision Auto Restoration, BMC of the UK produced a desirable open cockpit two seater sports car called the MGA from the mid-1950's until sometime in the 60's.

AD is right it "could" mean anything but without contextual orientation - 45 million hits on "that" search engine is what happens.

I will check that Texas site by the "ATS user" or perhaps "plant" with magical upload and perhaps other powers at 207.44.246.82... and see what I can find before I go to pick my big brother up at the airport.

Mira

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I took Springer's word not as a fourth word but as an inspiration for our devotion and letting us know he likes the way we think sometimes, or not.

We have three known words, Continually, and, a. (sad thing is we didn't even come up with them.)

I know I now CONTINUALLY AND constantly have A headache.

Since I have devoted myself to this puzzle I have neglected my very old house and it is now in perfect uglyness for the 31st. event we prepare for around here.

The rains have stopped so the grandchildren and I will be putting finishing touches on this old house in the hopes of our 31st. event scaring the crap out of every little person that should have the nerve to come by for a tasty sucker.

I will be checking in during this day in hopes SO puts forth his new clue. There is still a small container of pureed banana's and yellow jello in the fridge. Sorry but I finished the Manhatten's and I must say they went down smoothly.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by observe50]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by Springer

You mean..
Continually
A
And
Ideation

Guys...I said it before.I posted this last night, and got an applause from Springer.Whether AND is one of the words or not...I still do not know for sure.Regardless it is not enough to solve the phrase, or the Diagram.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If this post makes no sense to anyone and/or is all entirely irrelevant (and it could well be) then let me know and I'll shut up/stay out of this for the duration. I'd rather not be posting stuff that clutters up the thread and gets you all nowhere closer to an answer. At the very least I clearly need some guidance for it's plain that much of what I've written has been useless and probably counter-productive. I apologise for that.

Hey buddy - no apologies are needed... Your contributions make sense, are relevant, is hardly clutter (certainly as compared to some posts) and absolutely helps us move forward - inch (or cm) by inch.

Not sure why we haven't gotten simple confirmation for the 3-or-4 known words issue: I think it's both relevant and fair that this matter, at a bare minimum, be resolved pronto, since the mods have introduced the confusion and by not clearing it up it is rapidly bringing the cooperative work on this to a grinding halt.

I agree with Jack and others that we started with CONTINUALLY, then Crakeur gave us TWO more - AND & A, followed by Springer with IDEALLY for a total of FOUR givens - in spite of Springers recent comment, which I perceive as a slight error, in telling us we have been given only THREE. Until I hear one way or the other, however, I'm hitting the showers, pressing the pause button, gonna get some fresh air...

I'm also having a hard time trying to figure out the logic/value in the way applause points have been assigned. Many here seem to think that when they get applause points for a particular posting in this thread that it has some solution-bearing significance, yet (and I may be mistaken here), when I go back to scrutinize these posts in detail, I don't find all that much that helps solve the puzzle. Some have contributed volumes and we hear nothing (or don't see their point values increase), while others seem to get a quick 500 for seemingly innocuous statements. I don't get it...

I personally don't believe the Amigo's names are part of the phrase. I'm also reasonably convinced that there are one or two "-ING" words in the phrase, perhaps following "continually", and maybe bracketing "and" (IF "AND" IS PART OF THE SOLUTION!).

With the 5th barely a week away, I'm resigned to the fact that there is no way, for me or any of my west coast ATS brethren to make it the Big Apple, so I'm happy to donate if luck would have it. Vegas odds of anyone solving this with what we have is slim to zero. The amigos gave us 112,000 possible words to use from the original 76 letters. Even if count the FOUR (?) words given, we still have over 90,000 possible words to complete the phrase.

Kuddos and accolades are deserved by all of you wonderful, dedicated enigmatists - you were all a wonderful inspiration and a pleasure to work with. As it is, however, with nothing further coming, and several hundred phrase permutations attempted, several thousand potentially to go... well, perhaps we'll all meet at the tavern to discuss the exercise philosophically some day. It makes me wonder, though... why? This isn't the first time we've spent dozens of hours each over several weeks... for what?

Although I have no way of knowing for sure, Springer's MGA may refer to Monosodium Glutamate, the tasty additive in some foods, especially Oriental, though the acronym is typically MSG, rather than MGA. Here's a few others:
MGA= Morris Garage Type A (English sports car )
MGA= Megaloblastic Anemia
MGA= Malagasy Ariary (ISO currency code)
MGA= Managing General Agent (insurance)
MGA= Monochrome Graphics Adapter
MGA= Metal Gear Acid (gaming)
MGA= 3-Methylglutaconic Aciduria
MGA= Managua, Nicaragua (Airport Code)
MGA= Mailorder Gardening Association
MGA= Melengestrol Acetate (synthetic progesterone)
MGA= Medium Gain Antenna
MGA= Malaysian Golf Association
MGA= Matrox Graphics Adapter
MGA= Manitoba Golf Association (Canada)
MGA= Multiple Gas Analyzer
MGA= Micro-Genetic Algorithm
MGA= Master Graphoanalyst
MGA= Meteorological and Geophysical Agency (Indonesia)
MGA= Micro Gas Analyzer
MGA= Manitoba Go Association
MGA= Multiple Group Analysis
MGA= Michigan Gazehound Association
MGA= Manitoba Goat Association (Manitoba, Canada)
MGA= Master Government Appraiser
MGA= Master General Agents/Brokers (financial)
MGA= Message Guidance Area
MGA= Michigan Gamers Association (University of Michigan)

Geez - who knows? Maybe that's what he calls his dog or his car or something. No? OK, then maybe you can pick something from this list.

Later, my good friends... It's been real...

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 10/28/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I think it was made clear that "AND" is a word in the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Where was that? Springer said Three words.
To include AND makes four.
The jury is still out on that as we have not received confirmation of either.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join