It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lurk0more

Hi Mira,

great of you to drop in here. We are utterly blown away by what an amazing family the "Lurkomores" are! You guys rock!

I don't think anyone has suggested "holistic" yet. Kewl one...we'll try it!

About engines for the anagrams. I've found two. One is free and requires no software download, but it means you have to run it online. It works well but is pretty basic. You can access it [here].

The other one is available as a "free-trial" download through anagramgenius.com

If you go for this one you don't need to give them your email. There's an option you can click on to take you straight to downloading without giving them any contact info
Please note, though, that because it's a freebie you can only enter ten different "names" or strings of letters. You can play around with any of those ten a million times if you like (and there's no time limits), but make sure you enter the whole "dollnean" phrase at least once. You can then make the words "continually", "a", "and" and "ideation" compulsory so it will include them in every solution, and you can then also choose other words you'd like to try.

This one is far more high-tech and lets you do pretty well anything you like, such as adding words to the dictionary, rearranging the anagrams' word order and so on. And you can save out your work. (Use the "save" in the thing and select "Save Raw Anagrams" and save them out to a file of your choice.)

Peace, light and strength to you and your family,

Mike

[edit on 26-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
More for Mira:

that anagram genius program basically runs itself after you've input your phrase. It's very easy to follow and in the "search" stage it displays the anagrams on screen as it finds them. It only shows complete anagrams -- ones that use all the letters. I learned how to use it in about two minutes (and I'm ancient
) so you should have no troubles.

EDIT: People, it's getting the wrong side of 11 pm here in old Prague so I'm signing off. See you all tomorrow...

[edit on 26-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the help.
I was hopin' that a sequential script could be run. No big deal. Hey thanks for the kind words about Mom and Dad. Dad likes fun but believes this world is seriously broken... I agree with him. He feels this was fun sooo... Mom likes Dad. I was trying to save out the dollnean graphic... it is a png but when I download it and go to open it it is black. I want to have a good look at that out of place comma at high magnification. Microdot? It is a graphic. I think that is "funny" for text... unless the font was important and this php stuff couldn't display it...

Maybe DAML has some clues, Dad was all "the ultimate out-flanking format"... he seemed to think that DARPA-tech was somehow involved in a big way with that Twine stuff.

Thx, Mira

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it's only fair that I take you all OFF the "mission statement" concept and redirect you to my partner's original clue which was "reason for being" only he typed it in French.

This is NOT a mission statement. It IS a description of the vision of what the ETHICAL, and Crowd Sourced media endeavor/company, of the very NEAR future, will be.

Springer...

ideation

[edit on 10-26-2007 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurk0more
Thanks for the help.
I was hopin' that a sequential script could be run. No big deal. Hey thanks for the kind words about Mom and Dad. Dad likes fun but believes this world is seriously broken... I agree with him. He feels this was fun sooo... Mom likes Dad. I was trying to save out the dollnean graphic... it is a png but when I download it and go to open it it is black. I want to have a good look at that out of place comma at high magnification. Microdot? It is a graphic. I think that is "funny" for text... unless the font was important and this php stuff couldn't display it...

Maybe DAML has some clues, Dad was all "the ultimate out-flanking format"... he seemed to think that DARPA-tech was somehow involved in a big way with that Twine stuff.

Thx, Mira

Had a feeling you might drop by so I logged back in...

That dollnean graphic is a bit weird. I had the same experience with it blacking out, but I found that if I right-clicked it as a file, then went to "Open with" and selected "windows picture and fax viewer", it displayed as black text on a white background. I doubt there's a microdot there (but we hadn't thought of that so worth a look). Looking at the specs, the image is only 8.68kb... 500 x 100 pixels and 32 bd, with 96x96 dpi in horizontal and vertical resolution. It blurs out pretty fast under high mag, so if there's anything hidden there I don't have the software to dig it out.

I should also point out I don't claim expertise in such things. Right now we're open to any ideas

I'll catch you later, Mira. Have to get some shut-eye.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I think it's only fair that I take you all OFF the "mission statement" concept and redirect you to my partner's original clue which was "reason for being" only he typed it in French.

This is NOT a mission statement. It IS a description of the vision.

Springer...

ideation

Okay...I can't recall who first used the term "mission statement". It was a member, who I think derived it from an interpretation of the French... I guess we all just fell in with the idea, as it seemed a good one.

Thanks for letting us know.

Just one thing: while this dollnean phrase is a "description of the vision", are we still correct in understanding that SO said it "defines" the spheres image but does not actually describe it, and that the spheres image is a simplified representation of the statement?

A yes or no will do...

Okay it's witching hour so I'm outta here...

Night, all...

Mike

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thanks JustMike. I did what you said and had a look. I found nothing unusual with MS ImageViewer. I'll try some other stuff until I have to leave for volleyball.

Mira

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lurk0more

call me stupid call me late welcome back lurkomore

a wonderfull note your wife wrote.......bet your gald to see it

welcome back

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

OOOPPPSSS!!! Probably my bad...sorry guys.But at least you are on track now.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Is there more clues in this..or is it just me?
ETHICAL

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I'm "Daughter of lurk0more", Mira... Dad isn't likely to be back for a week or so but when I go to the hospital tomorrow I'll be sure and convey all the wishes and my thumbnail sketch of what he was missing here. Mom's all worried... I was too for a couple of days.

Dad's tough. I saw him stab himeslf in the stomach once when a screwdriver broke... 'didn't even flinch. He grabbed a roll of duct tape, tore off a square, swore once as he pulled out the srewdriver and slapped the duct tape over the puncture. He was mad about putting a hole in his Harley of Moscow T-Shirt that my big brother Attila brought back for him.

ATS- a continually evolving ideation of revolutionary user-generated content and ethical holistic media eco-systems. (I guessed). Off to volleyball... see what the teacher's team has - spikes with punch being served in the main gym!

I'll leave a note for Moms about the "not-unattractive" Springer (way-babe) and the kind allocation of u2u privileges.

Mira

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have to apologize for the "mission statement" confusion, I do believe that was my faux pas. I took a fairly liberal interpretaion of raison d'etre; i did not mean to confuse the issue even more (if that's actually possible at this point).

Back on track, I tend to agree with you AccessDenied. However, if we follow that line of thinking we should then include all of the words in all caps in that particular post. And I am unable to come up with any coherent phrase, but that doesn't mean anything. I am going to add ethical to my list of words that I believe are in there.

I think we should look closely at Springers last statement, it appears that there are more clues in there than are apparent at first glance. Granted, I am basing that assumption soley on the fact that his phrasing is slightly halted. Almost as though he is forcing certain words to fit into his statement.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxxm

Don't read more into it, I say what I mean and only what I mean, that's can be seen as "halting" to some since I rarely add filler or "fluff" to make the prose easier to swallow.

Springer...

ideation

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxxm

I was only refering to the word ETHICAL. As it was a word on one of my original lists.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Springer is a "Way-Babe"???

Muhuhuhahahahaha (*wipes tears*, takes a swig)

Man, I'm jealous! I need a new avatar. A dashing, swashbuckling visage like Springer's. *sigh*

Anyway - back on topic: A simple clarification for the 2 innocent little questions below would help us a great deal but reveal really nothing much at all, if the powers that be may be so inclined (*bows and trembles*):

Q: Is the comma with no space on either side intentional or a syntax/typo error?
A: Intentional/a boo-boo

Q: Is there a 1-to-1 correlation between the number of words (11) in the scrambled text with the number (11) in the solution phrase, or, is there no such correlation and any number of words is possible in the solution phrase so long as all 76 of the original letters (and accompanying punctuation) is used?
A:Y/N

Have a nice weekend all - members, amigos, moderators, family, pets, Earthlings, aliens, jello...

[edit on 10/26/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The anagram puzzle has my brains fired so I decided to give the bubble matrix a try.

It is probably wrong but maybe it can give some member ideas on what is missing, wrong etc.

Here goes

some others that could be in there:

ATS/BTS/AP or FORUMS, I can't see each having their own bubble

but overall you would think that the forums are part of the matrix

If Forums goes in What comes out?

mobile, blogs ? I don't know but we have most of the matrix maybe one of the members can figure this out soon.

ADD: Oops forgot a big one

ATS-MIX wouldn't be considered a seperate entity would it?

If so then one of the bubbles should be for Dave & Johnny,

If they are considered to be part of ATS then they could be covered by FORUMS.

[edit on 2007/10/26 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I rarely add filler or "fluff" to make the prose easier to swallow.

"swalllow" as in "bird" from the "aviary"?

See what starts to happen? I'm backing away slowly for the night.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Mira again. Outrageo, I had a witty reply all wriiten out and it disappeared when I pasted something in. I will compose on an outside editor...

I ask you Outrageo, "Have you seen him on TV?" I watched with Dad. The eyes and the voice - USDA Prime - nicely aged, properly matured. 21st Century attractive. Thinking-bad-boy-esque. Yummy. I'll take two. I'm 18 years old, 6'1" barefoot and have a healthy personal supply of young men. They're nice but not fully road-tested or de-bugged... they're - young. Springer is

My friend Flicka and I talked about this site and the puzzle and she asked lots of good questions. I told her about what Pop was thinking and some of the ideas being considered as potentially revolutionary. She thinks in French and speaks and writes several languages. Her perspective was something I'd not considered. Neither did Dad. How about a multi-lingual-multi-format live digital lifestyle discussion site where the local user can select one of a set of select languages and converse with others not of the same language within a forum? Global appeal.

Flics also suggested that I change the extension on the graphics files to .txt and open them in a text editor. I did. They were made on Adobe Image Ready and there were no obvious signs of tinkering the only word I found at all was in the "dollnean" graphic and that was "sex". LOL.

Mom shovelled about 200 grams of her secret (classified NTK) smooth ice cream into Dad. He is talking a few words at a time tonight and is aware we have logged on in his behalf. He has two less tubes in him tonight and is in a private room. He wants us to get our own handles and to read the T and C. I have read the T and C and will get a handle tomorrow after practice. We get to play the boys senior team. Flicka, Mira and Sandy own the net and them. Sandy's little brother Jeff is cute, we'll have fun with him tomorrow.

I haven't looked at the u2u's but I'll get Mom to have a look tomorrow when she gets back from my sister Olga's if she's not too tired. Thank you for the warm responses indicated by the titles
Mom's big and strong but I worry about her as much or more than Dad. I know that she will read this. Mom, please rest.

Mom said I should throw Dad's hockey bag in the dumpster. Um, no. I'm not touching that bio-hazard. Besides it has a lucky jersey in it. I'm going to sneak Dad a Diet-Coke all icy frosty and some more ice cream and make him a float like he'd make for us when we were little and sick. Except for Attila. Attila doesn't get sick - ever. He'll be home from the North Sea Sunday. He can hold his breath for three minutes which should allow him time to get rid of the hockey bag after removing the jersey. Some will know "the hockey bag smell". Febreeze and Lysol won't touch it. I set an open box of baking soda on it and closed the car trunk.

I have some more ideas about the anagram and sent an email to some self-described experts in the field and asked for help on my Dad's behalf... more a dare really. Fun. Challenge.

Mira_of_lurk0more.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I was only refering to the word ETHICAL. As it was a word on one of my original lists.

Yes, it's on one of my (many) lists as well, mainly because of what Springer wrote back on Oct 5th:

posted on 5-10-2007 @ 11:10 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

ETHICS
MEDIA
Multi Platform
EVERYONE

Imagine...

Springer...

So I'd say that these are things we still ought to consider.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Springer has been placing the word "ideation" in his recent posts. However, rather than jumping to the conclusion that it is definitely one of the words in the "dollnean" phrase (which I think will always be known by that name even after it's solved
), I wonder if we should focus more on what ideation actually means. Of course, we know that it defines the process of learning by forming or connecting ideas (and/or concepts), but I feel that its value here in Springer's posts could be to give us a more tightly-defined image of the vision as a whole, rather than just a single word to fit into the dollnean statement.

Considering that the spheres image very much illustrates concepts of interconnection and sharing (as there are bi-directional arrows there), and that SO said the dollnean phrase also defines the image, it seems to me that the "vision" is to achieve a hitherto unknown level of interconnectivity and hence possibilities for sharing information and learning via the Web, which makes me wonder if it might be some kind of continually-adapting system which would include podcasting as a vital component -- system, then, that would benefit everyone.

So to boil it down, I'm not personally taking it as read that the word "ideation" is in the dollnean phrase (though it may well be), but that the phrase must embody a vision focused on what the concept of ideation encompasses.

Just by the way, I am now trying a few anagram machine runs with the word "podcast"
Following Mira's comments I might work "holistic" in there as well...

Sigh....Being this side of the pond can be a bit of a nuisance... If ATS could set us up with an online teleporter that would be kewl...Just a little one for quick trips across the Pond to New York would do fine.

Be great to see you all when you get online...It's been lonely here today...

[edit on 27-10-2007 by JustMike]

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join