It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am afraid for Jack, koolaid time it would be.

Would that be green koolaid by any chance.

hpofeluly aeinls wlil cmoe to avboe top screet and hlep.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow...I leave for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.
Jack..slow down there dude..and I have two words for you...
JELLO SHOTS!
Now, I too was assuming 11 words because I believed the spaces and punctuation were correct.However..throw that out the freakin window.

Seriously, the avenue I have been taking is to "Imagine" what the mission statement could be, and try to place that using the letters provided.
As for the spheres...well I stand by what I posted before which is no more info than Jack already has.Perhaps one of them is a new way of using media content that we have not been exposed to yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
"Mission-
A continually self conveying schlep edged digital content and revolution interface."

Because you can't have too many schlep edges on your digital content. Interface.
Okay. now I really quit.

Yeah, what could be more New York than a schlep edged revolution interface?

I actually like "interface" as a possibility
, mainly because it's a buzz-word these days and so I hate it.
The only problem is that if we have "interface" we can't have "revolution" because we don't have enough "ars". (Meaning letters of the type "r", that is.) How-everrrr...if we drop our..."r"...and leave "evolution", then it would work. Then we only have to work out the schlep edges.

Wasn't Pop Schlep a character in Mad comics years ago?

Why am I thinking of Mad comics?
(Off topic a little. Sorry.)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Iam just throwing this out there guys...
The phrase is supposed to be the "Reason for being" of ATS.And the sphere Image perhaps all the user-generated content and how it is used in various forms of media.
I do not believe the November5th evolution/ revolution...is in that statement.It is the event to announce it yes...but in order for it to remain a mission statement, it would have to reflect a plan for the future.
To include the November fifth revolution, evolution, in the statement...would that not make it obsolete after November5?
Just another idea....

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Okay, drop "conveying" & make revolution - evolving. I've already jammed a shrimp fork in my neck, so I'll let you guys press on.

Pop Schlepp sounds like it might have been a Don Martin thing. Used to love Mad.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Say it isn't so!
All the time spent
I am going for a walk on the roof.

why why why why ARARRARGHGHH!!!!!

[leaves the room talking to himself]

Jack, I posted that stuff because I thought I'd better. But it's got no applause so that's a good sign
Frankly, it was just an exercise in studying the literal meaning of what SO wrote. I still think that all 76 letters will be needed, along with all the punctuation. However, if we accept that "spaces" means between words, then we are limited to 11 words. No, wait a minute: it could be twelve words, with two of them connected by that hyphen...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Hi Mike...

You MIGHT be right, but I have to believe that you are not. I believe all of the letters and punctuation (but not the spaces) in the scrambled phrase need to be used in the solution phrase.

To give us a scrambled phrase with 76 specific letters and 3 specific mid-sentence punctuation characters and then expect us to solve it by actually leaving some of those letters or characters out of the solution would be virtually impossible (as if it wasn't difficult enough already).

No - I don't think you need to worry anew: all the letters are there and all need to be used (though a clue confirming this (and the 11-word total)) would be somewhat helpful.

While I'm at it (you never know - the hand of an Overlord or one of his lieutenants may rest on our shoulder for a moment) - one other thing has been troubling me about the "Dollnean" phrase:

In common English (even the Queen's English I presume), a comma is always followed by a space. Yet, of the two commas presented, one of them, between "evo,evoui" (or "uove,ove" in reverse) has no space on either side and is in fact bracketed by two letters "o" and "e", with no spaces.

I'm curious if this is merely a typo, a slip of the fingers or a deliberate error in syntax we need to consider in solving the puzzle. Any thoughts on that?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

WE might have to come up with another phrase to describe the effects this puzzle has had on the members.

So far I have gathered

Drinking, Roof Jumping

and now we can add

Self Mutilation (shrimp fork incident)

no wonder they have us locked up

For those heading for the roof.......

[edit on 2007/10/26 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Iam just throwing this out there guys...
The phrase is supposed to be the "Reason for being" of ATS.And the sphere Image perhaps all the user-generated content and how it is used in various forms of media.
I do not believe the November5th evolution/ revolution...is in that statement.It is the event to announce it yes...but in order for it to remain a mission statement, it would have to reflect a plan for the future.
To include the November fifth revolution, evolution, in the statement...would that not make it obsolete after November5?
Just another idea....

Yes, the spheres image does not need to contain all or in fact any of the words from the dollnean statement. From what I have gleaned from posts by SO, the statement defines the image, and the image illustrates the mission statement in a simplified (ie graphical) form. The statement, then, is not so much announcing the events of Nov 5th but is stating the reason why that event will be important. Fine line, I know...

I doubt that the mission statement would include "Nov fifth". It could, but as you say, it would then be a partially redundant statement after that date. I tend to go with either the word "evolution" or "revolution" being included in the solution, though. Perhaps one of those two will be in the spheres somewhere and the other will be in the dollnean statement.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't think so. In my likely-as-wrong-as-right opinion, the spheres and the dollnean phrase contain very few similar terms. They may complement - even describe/introduce/epitomize one another, but sharing the same terms would be redundant and counter-productive.

Just my thinking (reaches for bottle).

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Hi Mike...

You MIGHT be right, but I have to believe that you are not. I believe all of the letters and punctuation (but not the spaces) in the scrambled phrase need to be used in the solution phrase...

...all the letters are there and all need to be used (though a clue confirming this (and the 11-word total)) would be somewhat helpful.

In common English (even the Queen's English I presume), a comma is always followed by a space. Yet, of the two commas presented, one of them, between "evo,evoui" (or "uove,ove" in reverse) has no space on either side and is in fact bracketed by two letters "o" and "e", with no spaces.

I'm curious if this is merely a typo, a slip of the fingers or a deliberate error in syntax we need to consider in solving the puzzle. Any thoughts on that?

Yes, those commas are problematic; actually I mentioned this some while back. I also found the font used (which is called Cygnet Round), uploaded it and wrote the phrase out exactly as it appears in the image SO posted. You are correct: the first comma has no spaces beside it, and the second is attached to "crtoea" like this: ,crtoea

I'll say this: it's a very difficult font to write with. The cursor actually sits part-way through the letters as you move it along. So it wouldn't surprise me if the oddities with the commas were unintentional. In any case, English being what it is, we would have to create spaces between the commas and position them correctly, suffixing words and not prefixing them, in order that they are valid.

Mike

[edit on 26-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

I don't think so. In my likely-as-wrong-as-right opinion, the spheres and the dollnean phrase contain very few similar terms. They may complement - even describe/introduce/epitomize one another, but sharing the same terms would be redundant and counter-productive.

Just my thinking (reaches for bottle).

I'm sorry but perhaps you misunderstood me. I said in my post:

the spheres image does not need to contain all or in fact any of the words from the dollnean statement.

So in fact we agree on that.

SO told us, very specifically, that the statement defines the spheres image...it doesn't describe it but it defines it, which I take to mean that it sets the parameters for it. In that case, while no commonality of terminology is necessary, such a possibility wouldn't automatically have to be redundant or counter-productive. Even so, when I said

I tend to go with either the word "evolution" or "revolution" being included in the solution, though. Perhaps one of those two will be in the spheres somewhere and the other will be in the dollnean statement.
I took it as read that "evolution" and "revolution" are well understood as being quite different terms. A revolution in communication and information sharing (which seems part of the mission) could be seen as a form of evolution from what exists now, so I still think that one term may be found in the dollnean statement and the other within the spheres.

Okay, I think it's time I also reached for a bottle.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
IDEATION

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
"IDEATION" thats a wonderfull word....like egypt........that,writes nice

my first word was The joined up to'

"IDEATION" sounds like De' Nation..........if you say beer-can..but think jamacia you you will say bacon,,,,,,,,,,,,,

tanks

[edit on 26-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmmm...just letting you know that Springer has given me applause for something I said in my post on page 72. (Time stamp is 12:53 pm; I haven't yet worked out how to post thread links.)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just copy/paste the link into the post reply text box. You know, where you type your reply.

Springer...

P.S.

ideation

[edit on 10-26-2007 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, Springer
I just noticed the little, hard-to-see "this post" tag at the top of every post. Only taken me a month or so to realize it was there!

Thanks for the applause, too. Please drop by more often -- you're the only one who ever gives me any!

Ideation, hey? I'm running that through the anagram machine now, along with:
"The mission, being a continually and self-evolving interface,"

Note: YeahRight suggested most of this phrase in a recent post.

EDIT: Well the link doesn't say "post by Springer" but at least it links to your post... That's progress!

[edit on 26-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The link always appears as "www.abovetopsecret.com" in red in the post.

Springer...

ideation

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Marty here again, our youngest, Mira tried to help me send u2u's of thanks earlier today but lurk0more doesn't have enough community equity to allow that yet so a blanket (or quilt) thank you to all "here" for their well wishes. This is a little weird for me to think of here as "here".

Tom had a two hour procedure on his right foot Wednesday that took over nine hours and required a vascular surgeon. He has a bandage the size of a basketball and a drainage tube on his trussed up leg. He had some electrolyte problems and tore his right bicep during a muscle spasm so his right arm and fingers are splinted except for the tubes in his hand and forearm. They ran out of catheters large enough for him so things are a bit messy and smelly owing to the amount of fluids they have running through him. I've never seen an IV in a person's belly before, he has two. He has staph and strep and pneumonia. Things are looking better.

He can talk a little but only a whisper when exhaling. He's lost nearly 28 pounds since I last had him step on the scale. He's buff-by-wife so... (ladies will understand my problem). They removed the NG tube this morning and will transfer him to a private room as soon as the company "person" stops being a pain to the hospital staff.

I'm making smooth ice cream to take him. I fed him red and green institutional jello about 3 hours ago. Gross. He's still really drugged but knows what is going on. Sexy-helpless. I can't believe how many bags of blood and plasma and saline solution and electrolyte and steroids and pink and gray "food" can be attached to one person. He's breathing a mixture of steroids and oxygen and air bubbled through a mask instead of the other mask that made his nose and lips crack. I can see his ribs and I don't like that. That's with MY six-pack amongst other things the.

The ENT cauterized the arteries in his nose that were burst said had Tommy not had his tonsils out he would have died in bed next to me. Tommy doesn't snore. With the exception of the MD's all that I've met so far are really undervalued. My husband scared one very young nurse when she lifted up the sheet. I was all sleepy dreamy-worried in the nice chair the nurse manager brought me. The look on her face was priceless. I smiled while she turned red. I bought her a coffee. Nice kid. Got a boy she might like even better. I've met some new friends among the staff, some live near us.

The "big cheese" MD tells me that Tommy should be able play hockey this time next year and might be able to go back to work after he gets some lung function back which should take about three weeks or a month with the respirology lady which we can do as out-patient rehab while he learns how tow walk without the top of his right foot if they don't have to do a skin graft on his foot. One sentence, no commas.

I haven't seen the wound post-op but it was only a tiny nick before. I think it's a lot bigger now by what the orthopod student who was making some splints for Tom said. He really smells "bad". It is not "his" smell. He'll be in at least another week. He has asked for a terminal and whether I'd seen one on the floor. He won't be walking anywhere for a few days I don't think he's strong enough to drag all that equipment they have him hooked up to.

Mira had a look at that EditPad file with all the web addresses and Tom was apparently not talking about "Wrinkler", my mistake, but my eyes were tried and I had been crying a lot at that time. Mira says he was thinking of Winkler and more specifically production and executive production in literature, television and other properties not "the Fonz-ness". "Alternative subject matter" - Mira says it is close theme-wise to ATS. There's some other notes about "Fair Dinkum" and "Ann Daniels" and "Linda Moulton-Howe" and "gatecrasher advertising".

Mira thinks crowd-sourcing could get around the potential writers strike in Hollywood.

I have no idea if it will help but I thought I'd try and say thanks and let you fine folks know that our family truly values your well-wishes. I will get him back to you as soon as I’m satisfied. Mira says I have to add “LOL” or you won’t understand. LOL.

Marty

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone's mentioned looking at this post-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I thnk at least part of our answer resides there. I can't get "user" & "generated" both into the statement because of the "r" issue. One "r". Arrrrrr!

But since "ideation" is in there, I'm saying the likelihood is high that "ecosystem"(s) is as well. And I'd think either "user" or "generated".

[Edit to add]

And I received an Applause for this post, so I think I'm on the right track. Can you smell what the Crak(eur) is cookin'?

[edit on 10/26/2007 by yeahright]

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join