It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

OMG..yes please...C'mon Amigos..
Bill, I know you are busy dealing with numerous complaints right now,
but please for the sake of our sanity, a little recognition here?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks

Help from the sane!!!

That sounds like a very cogent and rational explanation for the glitch.

Now how about explaining that Wow Factor image from

Evil Cow Picture

Does it have a simple explanation?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

meat market? sounds like the Donkey's kinda place

I think it is the meat packing district no?

hmmmm

[edit on 2007/10/25 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

For the lady and the cat, and you other cool cats playing along, two words from the puzzle.

a

and

enjoy

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

yup. The Gansevoort is located in Gansevoort Market aka The Meat Packing District.

why they list themselves as SoHo is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sams hot dog stand... they'll hold the roaches for ya

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks for the bones, oh wise one..

3 words

CONTINUALLY

A

AND

Let's get cracking!

looneys tool

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Meatpacking District.

The Meatpacking District, once known as Gansevoort Market, is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan. It runs roughly from West 16th Street South to Jane St., and from the Hudson River east to Hudson Street.

For decades the Meatpacking District was a center for New York City's slaughter and meatpacking industry. Beginning in the early 1990s, the Meatpacking District went through a formidable transformation; today, high-end clothing stores and restaurants together with trendy bars cater to young professionals and "hipsters." This, coupled with still-active meatpacking companies in the area, contribute to the area's "gritty glam" appeal. In 2004, New York magazine called the Meatpacking District "New York’s most fashionable neighborhood".

Hipsters? I'm not sure where this takes us, other than waaaaay out of my neighborhood. Sounds like one o' them areas where you'd need your fancy eatin' britches and a coupon.

[Edit to add]

Sometimes things clip along so fast that by the time my "contribution" shows up, it's already redundant.

And no I have absolutely no idea how to explain that image or the related links. Look on the bright side - how psychotic would you have to be to be able to understand it? I prefer to think of our cluelessness as a clear sign of mental health. Not that that's accurate, but it makes me feel better.

[edit on 10/25/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pootie

This ain't about politics,

this is about looneys

Well looneys and politicians

Kinda go hand in hand

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by JustMike

To make it easy, if you log into BTS and click on this thread,

When you make a post, the BTS smilies should be on your right.

In ATS it is another set.

These Board & Business threads are seen on all boards.

After awhile you will remember the bbcodes for the various smileys.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you very much for the vat of whisky. Much appreciated! If you ever get to Prague let me know and I'll buy you several good Czech beers (eg genuine Bud or Pilsener) at a good Czech pub...

I'll give that a try, the trick with the smiley things. I've never deliberately logged into BTS before... Even here on ATS I have to bookmark every thread I've been active in or am at least interested in, just so I can find it again.

Would be nice if those smilies were accessible here by more direct means.

A thought (possibly already mentioned by another member but I don't recall it): this reVolutionNoV5th person... Is it just remotely possible that the capitalization of both the "V" letters in his/her logon are to indicate something relating to the dollnean statement? (Gee that sounds like the title of a spy thriller by Ludlum: The Parsifal Mosaic...The Dollnean Statement... [Grabs paper and starts writing plot outline, dreaming of the wealth to follow...])

Ummm...Where was I? Oh yeah. Like, for example, the fact that that statement only contains two letters of the type known as "V"? Should we read anything into this? I know we can, but bearing in mind Crakeur's implied admonitions, should we?

Okay if I seem to be raving a bit it's because I've had a couple of drinks -- but it's night time here now, and I have been working on this more-or-less without breaks except for food for the past nine hours, much of it offline but working all the same. Being fortunate enough to have the day off work today I have looked at and fangled with and teased, prodded, pried and all but strangled that "dollnean" phrase, so if I say anything too terse or too much to the point to anyone who belittles our efforts or is obviously wacko and contributes nothing (and one such got banned today -- and I thank our Mods for that), then...tough! We are working on this and we will welcome with open arms etc anyone who wants to get involved. I don't care who "wins" this thing and I doubt any of us really do, as long as someone can get to The Event on Nov 5th who has done their part! If I crack it first then I'll ask all who can possibly go to just post their availability, and ask Bill to draw the name from a hat.

And even though the thing starts at 1:30 a.m. my time I am damn well staying up all night if need be!!!!
(And I bet it's the same for others across the pond or Down Under.)

To all who are contributing -- thank you for being the decent and intelligent people you are. It's a joy to work with you. (Jee-pers I am getting soppy so I'd better shut it and get back to work!)

PS. I don't know what the banned person wrote because I was doing work on an anagram program and missed the post, but it must have been pretty hideous. I am very grateful that this site has Mods who are on the ball. I don't always like everything you say but that's neither here nor there. You guys are COOL!! BIG thumbs up to all of you

Mike

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks Mike !

I offered to do the same should I find the answer,

I didn't see anyone get banned either that was a quick job by the staff, they must be closely watching the efforts of

The Loon Platoon

We now have a name

Catchy? I don't know

Maybe some graphic expert can come up with a badge for the loons.

I await the day we can sit together and put down a few of those Czech beers my friend!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by AccessDenied

For the lady and the cat, and you other cool cats playing along, two words from the puzzle.

a

and

enjoy

Most excellent of you to pass that along to us.

For other members: take note of this stuff because by some bizarre process of study and application I'm known as a "Professor of English", wherein amongst other things I assist in writing the State Exams in English for the lil' ol' Czech Republic where I reside...(I also correct them and sit on the Oral Exam boards at all levels up to and including Interpreter.) So, in spite of my occasionally lazy English usage, this is one of the few things I'm qualified to talk about.

The use of "a": this is called the "indefinite article". It can only be used before a countable, singular noun, whose first-syllable pronunciation takes the form of a consonant sound; however, such noun a may be preceded by other words such as adjectives (eg "happy), adverbs (eg "happily") and noun phrases (eg "hard-working"). This means that, for example, "a" cannot grammatically precede a word like "logistics", for it is a plural noun -- which also happens to be uncountable. It also cannot proceed a word like "information" because although it is singular, this is an uncountable noun and as such, no "a" (which identifies a singular noun) may be correctly employed. So, when working out the phrase and specifically the order of its words, please be sure that "a" is not directly connected to either a plural noun or an uncountable noun within the same phrase.

For any members who may not be native speakers of English, please remember that it is the pronunciation of a singular noun that determines if we use "a" or its (older but still used) variant "an", and not the spelling of the noun. Examples are "a university" versus "an heiress". When you are not sure, please refer to a pronouncing dictionary or ask here for advice.

The uses of "and" should be so well known among members here that not much comment is necessary. I would only point out that "and" can immediately precede a comma. Technically, this is called the "Oxford comma", and though some people have been taught that "and" should never be followed by a comma, this is not correct. So, please do not allow your own education vis-a-vis the use of commas in relation to "and" restrict you in your quest to solve this "dollnean" message.

If you have any queries relating to grammatical possibilities then please post them or send me a U2U and I'll do my best to advise.

A final note: due to the peculiarities of the English language, it is highly probable that the statement includes "the". Not guaranteed, but very, very likely. To the best of my knowledge, "The" is the most common word in the English language.

Mike

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Thanks Mike !
I offered to do the same should I find the answer,
I didn't see anyone get banned either that was a quick job by the staff, they must be closely watching the efforts of

The Loon Platoon

We now have a name
Catchy? I don't know
Maybe some graphic expert can come up with a badge for the loons.
I await the day we can sit together and put down a few of those Czech beers my friend!

I'd be very glad to have any of the ATS members/staff as my guests if you can get to Prague. We have a spare room and it's a beautiful city. (With lots of excellent pubs and live music clubs. I sing blues with a band sometimes...)

Yikes I am giving out too much info!

Anyway, the character that got banned. That was about 6.30 am US east coast time. Mid-afternoon here. Kind of implies it was someone on this side of the pond. Only registered today and got banned... Must have said something pretty bad. Again, my thanks to our moderators. We don't need that kind of negativity.

To keep this within the thread, I'm thinking that as we have "a" and "and" as two of the words (along with "continually"), it means that most of the other words will have to be reasonably long, especially as there's a fair chance that "the" will be in there as well. If I recall, we only have eleven words in total.I hope that I understood SO's statement in that respect... If so, those three confirmed words amount to only 15 letters, leaving 61 letters for the remaining 8 words. Like the fabled family with 1.6 children, it means that the words average about 7.5 letters each. Take out three letters for "the" (and I could well be wrong in assuming its inclusion), then we are down to 58 letters for 7 words, which works out at a smidgen over eight letters each. So...likely we have a couple of words up round nine or ten letters. a couple around seven or eight, and the rest around five or six.

That's just my take on it but I've had a few glasses.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You know, I just had to do it....

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

You know, I just had to do it....

I can see it hanging in the asylum tv room when we watch the webcast while eating jello with a spork.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I hate jello... blech...
And they'll have to catch me first!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder how our friend

lurk0more is doing?

I hope he is out of the hospital.

Get well lurk0more!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That "521 Wow factor" Brahman bull...

The eyes looks odd.

It makes me think of expressions:

"To hit the bullseye."

"To take the bull by the horns."

There are several others but not really postable here.

Does anything I'm saying make sense or am I just a legend in my own lunchtime?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I second that thought.
Get well soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join