It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
... the introduction of user-generated content ecosystems and the ascension of ATS into a higher realm.

I like that, Higher Realm

Speaking of UGCE check this out!!!!

?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm officially giving up for now.... I've exhausted all the information about this I have access to for now. I do think several things mentioned are red herrings, or at least worded in a way to throw us off. I also think they're over-exaggerating how big this thing is going to be. They're making it sound like aliens are going to land and there will be a worldwide revolution

I also don't understand why this thread only has one flag so far... maybe other people haven't noticed the top banner yet. The more people we interest in this, the better chance we have of figuring it out..... or also the better chance that things will become even more hidden from us, plus dozens of crazy theories flying around

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Ok, in the name of user-generated content ecosystems, I'll be next to flag it

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This thing is, as I understand it, a sort of business/publicity move that is the business of staff only at this point.

I stumbled upon the posts in the mods/admins only forum that they are talking about this on in a kind of ass backwards, coding glitch, accidental way last night. I guess I ruined the fun because I told one of the mods how I got there so they could fix it - and they did

But yeah, from what I understand, this is just board staff business, and we'll get the full scoop on November 5th.

[edit on 9/25/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

If it was just mod's / admin stuff at present, why the banner and link to
www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com... ?

I'm not giving up on this but I think we've gone as far as we can for now.
For what it's worth, I'm with Beachcoma and think it's got something to do with "Celebrating Ten Years Of Tin" and V For Vendetta?

Off thread, anyone tell me how to insert images?
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think they put the banner up to get people wondering, but some post changes and coding changes occurred when people started to actually read what was being talked about.

The link only appeared after it started to become a big topic of discussion.

So in my opinion, they wanted to get people thinking, but didn't exactly want this much info to be seen by non-staff members.

But I think this thing is at a dead end. We should leave it alone and save the surprise.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I thought of one more thing to try, the Whois info for ats.com, to see if November 5 is a date that is relevant to the site's registration.

It's not. According to Whois, the site was registered on 18-may-1997.

I'll sleep on it and see if my subconscious percolates anything else to pursue.

Why? Because I'm bored, and I'm nosy.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
...its ALL about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

...and you all fall for it, and they keep making you pay them. I wish I owned a website that gets a few hundred dollars a day just from posting some mysterious date with now explanation, so the masses could click endlessly on the advertisements out of curiosity and generate more revenue.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne0ne

That would only mean something if the website which is linked to the top banner was selling something and did not belong to ATS.

It's not selling anything - nor does it have any advertisements - and it belongs to ATS.

I'm involved in web development and I see no way for them to profit off of that November 5th link at the top.

[edit on 9/25/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i dont know, but i found these domain names were dropped back in 03/25/06. what it means i dont know!

rememberthe5th.com
rememberthe5thofnovember.com
rememberthefifth.com
rememberthefifthofnovember.com

its probably nothing, but figured i would add my tuppence worth

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow!! wrong thread for me lol...Pardon me for stepping in your thread about contest dealings with ranting on V. I should have studied the point of the thread more instead of jamming it with "theorys".
I just get all worked up about encoded messages.

So what is the real encoded message of the thread??

Good Luck,and Good Night..
DWT

[edit on 25-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well it has a link now. Goes to www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com

All that it is is a blank black bage with words in the center saying something about a revolution.

It might be an attempt at advertizing the movie.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by shiman]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne0ne
...its ALL about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

...and you all fall for it, and they keep making you pay them. I wish I owned a website that gets a few hundred dollars a day just from posting some mysterious date with now explanation, so the masses could click endlessly on the advertisements out of curiosity and generate more revenue.

best laugh I've had all day

Thanks We appreicate the humor....

Now where did I put that other... ah never mind...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If the mods / admin / SO didn't wan't us to keep on persevering with this they wouldn't have altered the page on the link?

www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com...

Surely there are better minds than mine out there that are just a bit curious as to what is going on?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Something has happened!
An image has been added to the November 5th page.

It looks like the top part says ATS, not sure about the bottom. Also kind of looks like "STAY OUT" for some reason. I also see a face
. I suggest someone starts saving the different images that appear on that page so we can keep a running timeline of the changes and compare.. that itself might give some hints.

I'm surprised no one has come up with a theory that involves me somehow being in on this... the people who start these kinds of threads tend to have some kind of inside knowledge
Just messin' with ya'.

Edit:
After some photoshopping I have noticed the V for Vendetta mask appears as a reflection (or simulated reflection) as if the masked person is at a computer viewing the message. This causes the distortion in the letters before but it was too dark for me to notice what it was.

[edit on 9/25/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Could it be the launch of an ATS web radio station or a regular webcast, like ATSTV, to help celebrate ten years of tin? I thought I remembered Dave or Johnny mentioning that ATS Mix was going to be growing into something more than a podcast. I could be just dreaming that part though. Does anyone else remember hearing that?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

It seems like a morph between the V For Vendetta image that was dislayed before and the ATS image that was displayed just previously?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah I see it now. My computer monitor has a tendency to make things appear darker than most people see them for some reason, even though I have brightness on 100%. It happened to me the last contest as well... I wasn't sure if it is this way for everyone or just me.

I'm fairly convinced the first letter on the second line is a U. The last letter may or may not be a T or F, and the middle is too mixed with the image to determine.. it looks like a satellite to me, not a letter.

[edit on 9/25/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yarcofin, we told you not to guide them towards the answer.

Incidentally, please accept our apologies and Remember the 6th. Our bad.

carry on

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Something has happened!
An image has been added to the November 5th page.

I suggest someone starts saving the different images that appear on that page so we can keep a running timeline of the changes and compare.. that itself might give some hints.

I have the latest and the first, have there only been two? If so, I have them both for future reference.

Earlier I posted a link to something that probably has nothing to do with this but I thought it was cool anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join