It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well I would bet the after party at SNL would last till Monday, maybe Dan Akroyd is there guest?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Perhaps... but he is no longer on SNL. An alumni yes...
That would be some party!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else has related this little bit of fluff, but the Lorem Ipsum thing is called "greeking" in printing. It is used as filler to provide words where words are to go in a publication.

As to the 5th of November, what is the relationship to NYC? I personally wont be there but if I can I would love to participate from wherever I am.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think it’s worth re-posting Bill’s original post that contains the complete “challenge”, to make sure that anyone coming in on this thread a bit late will be able to follow what it’s all about without going back through too many pages. I’ve also placed some apparently relevant sections of his text into bold underlined italics.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Where will you be when your revolution begins?

One lucky/smart ATS member will be able to be at the epicenter of what we firmly believe is not just a major event for AboveTopSecret.com, but the culmination of a long developing strategy for thinking differently about "User-Generated Content" and how we all can collectively make a major difference.

All you need to do is be 21 or over and figure out what exactly our strategy is.

You've seen this...

Which is the phrase that defines this (without the blurred text)...

Decipher the text accurately, and win an exclusive invitation to witness the revolution with the Three Amigos, some special guests, a few surprises, and a room full of major players from several areas of business in New York City, as well as a couple celebrities you know.

We can't spring for your travel or lodging, but if you're so inclined, we'd allow you to gift your invitation to any other ATS member you wish who is also 21 or over. But we can spring for a few drinks at the bar after the event with myself, Mark, Simon, Crakeur, and a couple surprise special guests.

As Bill also re-affirmed in a recent post, the deciphered phrase is a statement of a “reason for existence” (or “reason to be”) for what is symbolised in the “sphere” image. It it not comprised word-for-word from the “blurred” words hidden in that image; it [defines the concepts that the image presents in a simplified form. So, while it may be useful to discover what those blurred words are, they alone will not give us all the actual words used in the “dollnean” text.

Edited because the original posted without anything I wrote and only copied Bill’s post!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't know, I'm probobly way off. But here are my assumptions for the graphic...

I guess something is better than nothing...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Aces, anything is better than nothing, and your work is not just "anything"! It helps us to focus more on the conceptual model the image represents and may bring us closer to solving the "dollnean" phrase that defines it. Many thanks!!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Why do I feel both like I'm back at square one, yet getting closer at the same Time? Does that make sense?

edit to add-dollnean has just become my new curse word.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Why do I feel both like I'm back at square one, yet getting closer at the same Time? Does that make sense?

edit to add-dollnean has just become my new curse word.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

Last night I started using "rather dollnean" to describe my mood

Yes, what you say makes perfect sense: I think sometimes we have to go back to square one to get close to the answer.

By the way, I think the font that SO (Bill) used for his "dollnean" text is called Cygnet Round. I found it on [this site] and downloaded a copy of the file to create it... (Just scroll down on the page the link takes you to and you'll see it.) Now all I need to do is work out how to load the file into a word processing program so I can play around with it!

For those who like to consider symbolic perspectives, as we all know a cygnet is a baby swan... Remember "The Ugly Duckling"? Got laughed at by all those politically-incorrect birds when it was young, but when it grew up...who had the last laugh?

As for the word "round"...Hmmm...what shape is that image of the spheres?

Edited to add that bit about "round".

[edit on 19-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I don't know there mike...might be "over-analyzing" again.Not trying to discourage you though, but time is short , too short to take a walk down the wrong path.
I think the answer is simple, made to look hard.So that we have been running around in circles all this time.
Dang it all I'm flusstergated.Yes my word.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I don't know there mike...might be "over-analyzing" again.Not trying to discourage you though, but time is short , too short to take a walk down the wrong path.
I think the answer is simple, made to look hard.So that we have been running around in circles all this time.
Dang it all I'm flusstergated.Yes my word.

No, that's cool... I'm not discouraged...just thought it better to post the info rather than not.
The answer is probably very simple. These things usually are with 20/20 hindsight.

oh, about that "Mix" program with the link on Dave Rabbit's pages... I couldn't get it to work at all...and I have a pretty fast Internet link so no problem there. But I got zip. Nada. If there is another way to access that interview material -- even a transcript if it's available on line -- I'd very much appreciate knowing about it.

Anyway, I'd better get back to it...Have a couple of ideas to try out. Just with anagrams...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Maybe if we all post an image of the spheres and what we think gould be in them it will open some doors for others,that we didnt see?

With a bit of luck there might even be prize for the "winner"

a, doggy bag from the party they go to lol

and is that bumped up image 100% of what it looks likes underneath the blurs ?

cheers

HOSYOBN

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
JustMike,

Good job, I was looking but couldn't find a match. I've always been a day late and a dollar short when it comes to this stuff

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Plese don't email the Hotel, they won't give you any information anyway.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Is that a sly hint?

Or a serious request?

This thread has me Zombified

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

getting warmer

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

not a hint, emailing the hotel would serve no purpose. they have no information and, if they did, they wouldn't dole it out.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So how come this thing is on a Monday and not a Saturday or something? People work you know.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
So how come this thing is on a Monday and not a Saturday or something? People work you know.

the second rule of hosting a revolution: Always plan the revolution on a work day, otherwise people might not come.

The first rule, by the way, is "when planning a revolution, always wear dark clothes and have at least one catchy slogan"

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh, I see. Good point.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
On Saturday, 5 November 2005, at approximately 3:00 pm Moutain Time, the blast of truth was sounded and the End Time began. I guess you guys didn't hear it?

[edit on 19-10-2007 by bruxfain]

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join