It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I saw where SO said this wasn't web 2.0,

Could it be the semantic web devised by Tim Berners-Lee?

sorry if this was already mentioned.

No, I don't think it's been mentioned. At least, I don't recall seeing the name Tim Berners-Lee (the Brit who invented the WWW in his spare time) on this thread. Thank you!!

Hmmm.... Berners-Lee is a hyphenated name...and there's a hyphen in the "dollnean-" message...

Hmmmm....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Edit: Yes I know the word lengths don't match but all the same...It's a thought...

[edit on 18-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

He was one of the people in the promo clip near the beginning of the thread, I just stumbled upon the web 3.0, W3C, and www.w4 ideas which seem to tie into this evolution.

A lot of parallels and some mentions of microsoft and google going that direction soon.

This is going to be BIG!

I hope it goes well!

ed:at least better than my spelling

[edit on 2007/10/18 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This post was inspired by AccessDenied who is off-line at the moment... and deserves full credit and kudos for operating in the spirit of collaboration:

1) Center Sphere: most important - two words
2) Top Center Sphere: one word
Moving clockwise...
3) Sphere at 1:30: two words
4) Sphere at 3:00: one word
5) Sphere at 4:30: one word
6) Sphere at 6:00: one word
7) Sphere at 7:30: one word
8) Sphere at 9:00: one word
9) Sphere at 10:30: one word

How may characters in each?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Originally posted by DuneKnight
...the diagram is an enigma and i cant decide on what ground is it made for. it explains conformity, merging, unity, a collective, data sharing. Did nyone think of the colors. they are kind of peculiar. two shades of green face opposite polar sides. there maybe a pattern here. do colors symbolize anything. like 7 deadly sins have their own colors.

You could have a point there about the colours. I have no idea what they might mean yet but here's a little something that Crakeur said:

posted on 8-10-2007 @ 04:06 PM

...Now, Blue, Magenta, Salt, Pepper and Paprika, go figure out what that clue is.

Like I said, I don't know what this means but it's apparently a clue.

Mike

I was trying to use the colors as bread crumbs, but haven't gotten too far yet.

I tried to match them to forums (sections have different colors, as well as the sub-sites of above network) ... or the stuff at the top (stumble it, google bookmarks, etc.)

but trying to look at all of it too much is getting nowhere. I am sure SO gets to have a friendly chuckle about it all ... since knowing makes it easy and we have had a lot of clues and hints ... and should know the general context it is all in.

I suppose some fresh hints may be dropped soon, since there is only a couple weeks left ... and travel/accommodation arrangements for the winner would need to be set up as well as time off ... since the only thing on the house will be a drink

Keep on keepin' on ... I would also suggest getting help from others not on the site. If you know someone who enjoys a challenge, slip them the text on a piece of paper and let them ponder ... it might be a good way to get them interested and join up as well

I will keep trying ... but I don't have much input on it at this time.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Where will you be when your revolution begins?

Which is the phrase that defines this (without the blurred text)...

In my books this means the phrase describes the diagram not the actual words displayed in the diagram. Yes? Just saying because I already spent two days going down that road..as justmike said..Off to dream about Dollnean-ngcniualcy's floating through the air..

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
In my books this means the phrase describes the diagram not the actual words displayed in the diagram. Yes? Just saying because I already spent two days going down that road..as justmike said..Off to dream about Dollnean-ngcniualcy's floating through the air..

Yes...Good point. That text as an image is named "whatitis" (while the spheres image is "whatisit"), so that suggests it describes the image rather than merely enunciates every word within the spheres...but the "whatitis" (dollnean etc) statement could contain come of the words from the spheres.

It's after 8.30 pm so I'm off to dinner. Need a break before those dollneans start floating around again. (Raid won't get rid of them either.)

Btw I keep getting this nagging phrase... It's from the "Foundation" books, and it refers to the "riddle" contained therein as to where "Star's End" was located and hence where the Second Foundation was to be...ummm...found. Of course, the answer lay in the fact that "a circle has no end...the end and the beginning are one and the same place."

Don't know why but I feel this somehow relates.

I'll check back later.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

Ok. Get some rest. I'm not looking to solve the phrase... I've no personal skills in that domain, but I am enjoying seeing the process of solution evolve. Thought it might be of assitance to others. BTW: my previous post was just a guess put out for consideration. Perhaps, my bad. I apologize for the distraction.

Best luck,

Vic

[edit on 18-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Ya it was mentioned in the first or second show about a game. Hints and clues would be located in the shows. Since no Mod or Admin has turned us away from ATSMIX, I think that is an indication that it is involved in this puzzle. Then again maybe not. But the mention of Springer's appearance on the Alien hotspot show required immediate response in the negative from them but none to ATS MIX leads me in that direction.

reply to post by JustMike

I still am curious about the choice of font for the "dollnean" (etc) mystery text. It has that Tolkienesque-Elvish look to it, and I don't suppose it was presented that way just for aesthetic reasons. The font doesn’t seem to be one in my normal load of “Windows” stuff… Has anyone found out what it is, exactly?

I asked this early on in the thread but got no response. Easily overloked really with all the info pouring into it at that time. I think that it may have something to do with it. I searched a little for it but came up with nothing. So I let it go for the time.

reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I was trying to use the colors as bread crumbs, but haven't gotten too far yet.

I tried to match them to forums (sections have different colors, as well as the sub-sites of above network) ... or the stuff at the top (stumble it, google bookmarks, etc.)

I tried the same thing but also came up empty.

reply to post by V Kaminski

No distraction at all Vic, I would say all input is welcome and the clue to solving it may be in some small remark made by anyone. Your contributions have been helpful throughout this thread. Keep it up mate.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This entire puzzle is giving me a headache. I tried to run that picture through some image programs too. I couldn't even get results as good as the ones posted. Where is my tylenol?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Definitely a vote of confidence on here that I hope I deserve.
So I'll give it a go.
1) Center Sphere: most important - two words ( User-Generated Content)
2) Top Center Sphere: one word (Imagine)
Moving clockwise...
3) Sphere at 1:30: two words (Deny Ignorance)
4) Sphere at 3:00: one word (Ethics)
5) Sphere at 4:30: one word (Digital)
6) Sphere at 6:00: one word (Collaboration)
7) Sphere at 7:30: one word (Evolution)
8) Sphere at 9:00: one word (Revolution)
9) Sphere at 10:30: one word (Media)

Well If I'm wrong, back to the pit to change motors, cause I just blew, this one out.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm thinking more like the center sphere is ATS Network and the surrounding spheres are whatever pushes content to, or receives content from, the ATS Network.

Of course I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
two of those spheres are mine. Does that help?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

If you go to your u2u you got for the applause and click on the link in it, it tells you exactly which post you got it for.

I only mention it because it may help. If it was for the show you mentioned, I'll go back and listen to it again to try and pick up any more clues.

I deleted all my U2Us i had no room,im sure it was for that post though

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The only sphere I thought I could read was the top center one and it appeared to be Radio

What could Crakeurs sphere's be?
He is the Controller of TAN LLC, what areas would his job focus on?

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/10/18 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I thought of that...But it didn't fit.
As for two of the spheres being Stephens..Well that threw a monkey wrench into my new motor.
Back to the pit I go.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
What could Crakeurs sphere's be?
He is the Controller of TAN LLC, what areas would his job focus on?

huh? oh, you guys were talking about that diagram? I was talking about something else.

to quote emily litella "nevermind"

and anyone want to tell me who she is?

without google

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
two of those spheres are mine. Does that help?

It definitely would if you told us what they are.

I think one is Epistemological Phenomenology and the other is Accordion Repair.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Saturday Night Live

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

um, kinda?

who played her?

yeahright, it's accordian phrenology and you are officially disqualified from further play here. using old u2u's between us puts you at a severe advantage to the rest of the members, as was evidenced by that last post.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Nice bit of butt covering and topic change there buddy...

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join