It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Do you really think the answer will come from analyzing the images?I don't have the know how to do that, nor would I have the patience.
I think we are just treading water here, until Bill gives another clue.That is if he even wants us to solve it.Remember, this is supposed to be a surprise announcement on November5. If he gives it away before then, where is the surprise?
Food for thought there guys.

Good points you made...To answer from my own perspective: actually, no...I didn't say that I think the answer will come from analyzing the images; basically I said that the images themselves (and their peculiarities) could provide some symbolic leads. I doubt very much that any analysis of the binary code displayed in the "fist" image will yield much because if any pieces of such code are incomplete or obscured (and some in that image are) then it's not possible to interpret them. So my focus has been on what can be taken from those images' attributes.

I also said that I'm pretty much scrambling for clues, but I do think that the "message" can be deciphered. If it has been designed so that no solution can possibly be achieved then I'd take that as presenting us with deliberately misleading information and causing us to commit an awful lot of time to the problem for no specific result beyond demonstrating our ability to co-operate and think, and I don't think that SO would do that to us. I for one will have no further part of this place if I find we have been misled in such a way and I suspect I'd not be alone in that reaction; I believe SO wants to attract loyal members and not the opposite so I'm sure the thing can be worked out.

As for scrambling for clues or clutching at straws, the scientists who cracked Nazi Germany's Enigma code system in the 1930's had a lot less to go on than we have... One of the things that enabled a solution to be found in that case was a careful study of the idiosyncrasies of the enigma machine's users on certain days, resulting in the "crackers" being able to discern some patterns that led them on to deciphering the keys.

So I'm still hopeful this little enigma can be cracked. It will be a bit sad if SO will not be able to invite one of us to this event on Nov 5 simply because we couldn't solve his riddle. Others present could be singularly unimpressed with such an outcome.

Mike

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You would think the word puzzle would be easy for me considering im somewhat dyslexic,but it makes no sense to me at all.

In the diagram i just put in some words that id been hearing.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I wasn't meaning that...just curious .

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I wasn't meaning that...just curious .

i was listening to some MIX shows,there vey good and i just threw in some words from a conversation i heard there,

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
You would think the word puzzle would be easy for me considering im somewhat dyslexic,but it makes no sense to me at all.

In the diagram i just put in some words that id been hearing.

Interesting comment, that...about dyslexia. I spend some of my time working with hearing-disabled students, and some of them have other difficulties as well, including dyslexia and autism. These are all distinctly different conditions, of course, but I have noticed that some aspects of problem-solving that might be a real challenge for non-disabled people are in some cases easier for them... So I appreciate what you are saying.

Also -- from my low and humble position of being relatively new here -- I'd like to commend you for your efforts in posting your "upgrade" of the diagram. It was a bold move and worthy of a thumbs-up.
Even if the words you used might be wide of the mark, I found it very helpful just to see something written in those "spheres of influence". (That's just my own name for them and I haven't mentioned it here before.
) It's inspired me to try a few words as well within the "spheres" and see how they look. Seems to me that if the words don't seem to "fit" then they are probably not right...but that could be just my right hemisphere reacting...

Mike

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
...the 5th of November has nothing to do with financial end (stocks, shares, selling or buying or anything related to these) of the business.

Springer...

Okay, this is just my take on this but I think the message here is that the Nov. 5th event is about people... Okay, sure it's about people, but what I mean is, it's more about people than "mere money" and "business", though they have their part to play, naturally.... We have been told several times that this is a revolution -- and revolutions only happen when people can no longer tolerate living under the status quo... Revolutionaries seek change, have a vision of what needs to be changed to bring about the sort of world they truly wish for, and take action to bring about that change.

Sooo...I am thinking that the text we have to solve could be a statement that describes the interaction of those "spheres" in a process of change. The diagram is not just a static model being represented, but within it is the result that will follow...so by implication the model itself may also change and evolve from what it is now to respond to the needs of the "revolutionaries".

I'd suggest that the statement would contain the word "change" or at least a word which carries a similar meaning.

Hmmm....What are the characteristics of revolutionary people? What adjectives describe them? What other words relate to concepts of "revolution"? Do you think that some of those words would be appropriate to describe the "diagram" or model of what ATS is to become? In the sense of the people who can make it happen? (Which means not only the 3 Amigos and staff but us as well...)

If we can get some words compiled and then reach some degree of consensus on them, then perhaps we can get closer to solving the mystery statement.

One thing is for certain: revolutionaries must trust others who share their goals and/or vision; a revolution will not succeed without deep levels of trust and belief. So I'd say "trust"/"faith"/"belief" and "goal"/"vision" would be good candidate words.

Like I said, just my thoughts. I apologise if I've suggested things that others have said before. I've read the whole thread but my ability to retain it all is quite another matter

[edit on 16-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Great post
I used a filter called bump map on this image using the GIMP image editor. Here's what I came up with, it might be a little easier to make out the words.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Wow Aces...Great job! I still can't read it though.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Great image you kept that to your self ...or did i miss it,i dont know how to blow up an image like that

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree with AccessDenied... Great work, Aces!
My own eyesight ain't what it used to be (nothing I have is
) but all the same your work adds something to that image. At least we get a better idea of roughly what length word/s go where and that could be verrry useful when we have a selection of likely words to play around with -- by whatever means turn out to be the best for deriving them.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well I've just about given up on the word puzzle, so I started tinkering with image filters using GIMP. I'm not sure exactly what this filter does, it just was the only one that seemed to help. I'm going to keep trying others to see what I can come up with.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know this is ATS but guys think simpler. lets not get into that weird digram and think of user generated content and start from their. what would enhance the ATS experience. is it merging with something else? is it shutting down? are they gonna give free-access to scholarly materials to members. are they launching their first wiki-like thing?

can someone tell me what 'deny ignorance x10 x3' mean? its written up there.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Ats already has a "Wiki like thing" Tinwiki.
Perhaps we do need to use Occam's razor here guys.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
can someone tell me what 'deny ignorance x10 x3' mean? its written up there.

10 years of ATS, over 3 million posts.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't know if it was mentioned earlier but the image is a .png file and I was looking for a decoder of the .png filing deal and found some decoders (google: .png decoder) but it seems above my head, if anyone is familiar with dealing with these types of files, they might be able to peel away layers or discover something hidden within.

I am still trying to manipulate it with photoshop but so far nothing to enable the text in the bubbles to be readable.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I dabbled to try to do that...got no where fast.
Good luck to whoever can do it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I got to say is watch your selfs! I hope this is a game but if it ends up being some thing that got dug up with in the "channels" it may not be good.. Remember the 5th

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Danman]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danman

Note taken.
second line.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What do you mean Danman? could you be more specific?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Nice bumpies Ace

This lends to the following:

The 11 jumbled words on the text image correspond directly to the 11 bumps in the circles. Although, I think the length of each "word" in the jumbled text is not accurate...Likely some swapping of letters between words going on there. This, I think, is where the key come into play... whatever that is

I still think there is something to the 11 "islands" of binary code in the fist image. I think these may somehow correspond to the 11 words in the circles.

Disclaimer: I'm often very wrong

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join