It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Wow buddy... too censored and totalitarian? Dude..real life is that way!
I love ATS, and the rules are put there for good reason.Otherwise we get a ton of trolls spreading disinfo and pissing everyone off, not to mention talking of things that SHOULD be censored because there are young impressionable members here, and there is no need for it.
So that being said...back to your reading????

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Strange that my B-Day is also the 5 th of November. So this is quite intriguing for me. I know voting day used too always be Nov.5th but havent a clue what other else the date could mean.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

Ok so your birthday is the 5th of November..and your username is VType?
V for 5.
Freaking me out here.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

As far as the point system being a form of censorship I agree on one point.

The moderators get to choose who is allowed into the RATS section this creates a two tier elite system. Although a person can eventually get enough threads to earn the points, I post like crazy(no pun intended) and just reached points needed for Rats entry. I could post a few flame trolling threads, but that is not my style.

Any system where the elite chose who enters the elite is a flawed system. Points for stars instead of applause would move this decision process back into the hands of the users.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Could you give me examples of threads that should be censored? If you are talking about crude or explicit comments, then that is covered in the T&C and is not a censorship of ideas, just a limitation on acceptable ways to express those ideas. Are you talking just about that kind of censorship? Or by impressionable minds are you talking about ideas that go against the desired thoughts of those with the fingers on the switches.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If you start from the word puzzle and picture in the middle of page 35, and read from there, you'll basically have a decent if not close to full grasp on whats going on in this thread.

Hope it helps.

41 pages is ALOT to read.

Although I don't like doing others work for them or helping others take short cuts, I think it's ok in this instance.

Who knows you might just be able to crack the code!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To all the people that fail to break the code...

Or maybe to the people that hold the code when it is broken..

www.youtube.com...

After watching the video it seems to have a hard edge so to mellow it out I offer another catchy ditty

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by VType

Ok so your birthday is the 5th of November..and your username is VType?
V for 5.
Freaking me out here.

Wow I freaked myself out as well after youre post.
However I picked the VType name as I have used it on a musicians forum for about 5years now(Doh!) and its actually a Model of Peavey guitar I used too own and dearly miss.
Oh How I wish I could afford more than the cheap guitar gear I have now.

www.peavey.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok, if I was going to start an Internet Revolution here is how I would do it if I was ATS:

First, I would hook up with a major media outlet to gain wider exposure to those that don't know we are here. Create a buzz. More exposure more Advertising dollars.

Hmmm, more Advertising dollars, what to do, what to do? How about this, we tie the hits to your threads and post to the advertising budget. Will call it: Flags and Stars for bucks! Now there is an incentive to dig for digital dynamite don't you think?

If we are going to get digital dynamite, we would also need to revamp the system for safely uploading the stuff right on site. Who needs Youtube, they can be censored anyway.

Speaking of censorship, no way not on my site. Not only that, since we are already hooked up with the major media of some sort, they will broadcast the dynamite to the masses when it becomes a must see ATS. Whew, even more Advertising dollars. Did you see how many people saw the CapitalOne logo under my thread?

That my friends would be a revolution, and I was right here when it started.

The graff is a flow chart showing the distribution of infomation, hits, advertising dollars and you.

If I only had the money to do a site like that myself. I'd call it: AboveUltraUmbra.com!

Disclaimer: I read most of the post, but not all, so if someone has already said it, my appologies.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
ATS has a fifth of november clip on Jib Jab

www.jibjab.com...

I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Something I noticed today is that if you look at the fist image as a bunch of "islands" of 1's and 0's separated by white space, there are 11 of them. 11 is also the number of jumbled "words" in the image of the jumbled text. I think that each of those islands of 1's and 0's represents one of the scrambled words. Beyond that, I can't figure it out.

I think there is some correlation between the fist image and the circle diagram image, as they are almost exactly the same size. Although super-imposing one on the other yeilded nothing.

Also, if you open the fist pic up in Paint, you can see different layers (for some odd reason)

Based on some previous ATS games, I know SO likes to use images in puzzles. So rather than focusing on descrambling the text, I think it might be prudent for someone good with good graphics skills to try and figure out how these images work with each other.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Totally off topic for this thread, and I have already been down this road before with another member.Iam refering to anything that goes against the current T&C.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
...I think there is some correlation between the fist image and the circle diagram image, as they are almost exactly the same size. Although super-imposing one on the other yeilded nothing.

Also, if you open the fist pic up in Paint, you can see different layers (for some odd reason)
...SO likes to use images in puzzles. So rather than focusing on descrambling the text, I think it might be prudent for someone good with good graphics skills to try and figure out how these images work with each other.
[edit on 16-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

Hi Zarniwoop,

back on the previous page of this thread I said that there is “...something very odd about that “fist of the revolution” image that SO posted. It's not the image itself, but what some of the image actually conceals and how it conceals it.”

To explain, the image as it is on this site looks like a "clenched fist" with a suggestion of a human face behind it. Even if saved out it still looks the same as a thumbnail, but when I put it up on a viewer (I use both Windows' and AlSee's viewers) the digital fist is gone and only the plain image you posted is there. I find that interesting, because the "typical" image is JPEG format and what you see is what you get, but this one is different -- not a JPEG. Getting this "layer effect" took a bit of thought and careful work, in other words.

I tried overlaying the face on the diagram (using "layering" and with 60% opacity for the face image), and it doesn't produce much of use as I see it. I think the images as the same size because they load and display equally well that way. However, I'll play with them more just in case.

Symbolically, this "revealed face" image says to me that much of what we see in the "cyber world" is only a representation of the codes that the computer "sees", but if we can strip away the codes then we realize that the "reality" is staring us in the face all the time -- only we can't see it plainly because of the overlay of computer codes (that were created by humans in the first place)!

I think that maybe the same applies to the "message" we have been given to solve. (This "message" also saves weirdly.) It could be that the real answer is staring at us plainly but we need to uncover the code -- and that code may be digital. It could be a matter of re-arranging the ASCII binary code for each of the letters displayed (and doing this according to a key) and then the text will be plain to see. Reversed, maybe, or even with individual words scrambled, but otherwise easy to see... In other words, there may be an anagram below the anagram, but it could be an anagram of the binary codes, rather than of the letters that we see and which are produced by those codes.

I have tried a few variations and had some interesting results. e.g. One I used changed "evo" to "fuo" (ufo??) and also produced an "N" (yes as a capital letter) in the following word. The anagram formula in that case was binary number position 1234567 became 5134276. This was based upon a variant of a possible key word given in a mod's post. However, this particular formula doesn't seem to resolve the entire "message" so it's likely a bad guess... Interesting fact: using an "anagram" on the binary codes does not give identical results to using a Caesar code. You might think it would but that's not the case: the code can be "scrambled" to produce characters outside the range of our 26-letter language system.(See my notes in next post.)

BTW that red face image you've posted is identical to the one in white that is flashed on screen in the ATS NOV 5th promo video just before the "fist" appears.

My feeling is that this face is reminiscent of Che Guevara. Last week marked the 40th anniversary of his death and he certainly is symbolic of revolution. So...strip away the digital facade and you will see the "real" image of revolution.

Thanks for posting those pics.
I must learn how to do that!

[edit on 16-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VType

Totally off topic again, but that would be a sweet set of strings.

No wonder you miss it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Do you really think the answer will come from analyzing the images?I don't have the know how to do that, nor would I have the patience.
I think we are just treading water here, until Bill gives another clue.That is if he even wants us to solve it.Remember, this is supposed to be a surprise announcement on November5. If he gives it away before then, where is the surprise?
Food for thought there guys.

This Donkey is going looking for Juan Valdez...I need some strong Columbian coffee..it's early...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Due to character limits I'm adding to my previous post here...

I talked of ASCII binary codes and re-ordering them from their "1234567" positions to new positions... Before anyone uses valuable time and effort to point out that these codes have eight positions, not seven, what I mean is that there are seven effective positions for the ones and zeros. So while "i" for example can be represented as 110 1001 to make it easier for us to read, it is as far as I know actually encoded 01101001, which is fine if you are a computer but not so easy for us. In either case, only the seven ones and zeros in the first example need be re-arranged by us to create a new character... In my test example, 110 1001 ("i") becomes 100 1110, which is "N".

I used this particular process based upon the word "IMAGINE" being rearranged (by elevated one -- I mean elevatedone) into "MIAGIEN" in one post. Now, it could have been nothing but we are scraping for clues, and IMAGINE has seven letters and was re-arranged anagramatically... Ordering the letters of "IMAGINE" as 1234567, The two possible re-arrangements were 2134576 or 5134276. This is because "I" appears twice, and it could be that the second "I" originally in the fifth position got moved to the second position, the first "I" to the fifth position, "M" from second to first, "A"/"G" unchanged and "N"/"E" to "E"/"N".

I hope that's clear...

Sure, it could be only that the first two letters got swapped, next three unchanged, last two swapped -- but that's kind of easy and obvious, isn't it? Not obtuse enough for a clue passed on to a mod by SO, right?

Interestingly, if "NE" is read as "North East" and you swap them, you could read it as "North West"... (Ring any bells, anyone :lol

Okay, like I said I'm really scrambling for any clues but if anyone thinks this line of thinking has some merit and they have something to add (like the KEY, for example) then please let us know...

Mike

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The problem with image analysis is these images are stored in a compressed format. so any slight variation to indicate a code would be lost in the compression. To go in and change a png image binary to plant a code would take some doing, and a good knowledge of png format.

After saying all that, real close to hex 1010 is the word CAKE in the binary. He did mention 1010 earlier in thread.... Point to ponder, but more likely a red hearing and just coincidence, since no other pertinent indications of binary encoding were seen, nor clues that that is the method.

Oh he also said 1010 on 10/10/07 which is a much more likely meaning of the number.

I also went through and colored all the 0 in his image green, then tried to see if there were any patterns, it looked really random with no hidden message using 1 and 0's

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

[edit on 5-11-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

[edit on 16-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Interesting...
Did you figure out the word puzzle too?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Not even close Schuyler... Well thought out post though, and if were an OLD Economy company that would be the path we would most likely take but since we are not an Old Economy company it's not even in the same ball park.

In either case, the 5th of November has nothing to do with financial end (stocks, shares, selling or buying or anything related to these) of the business.

We've said it many times, ATS is not for sale, nor is TAN.

Springer...

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join