It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm drinking! I'm drinking!
the Jack goes down
I type not thinking
but I do not slow down

Messages without meaning
another swig of Jack
a life of feelling
not looking back

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Some great ideas and poetry/lyrics coming in...

I like the thought about a quote by Einstein... Thank you to Nomad1272 for that suggestion. Interesting... Hmmm...

Here's a few observations if you-all will bear with me...

Early in the thread Crakeur started talking about how he was now the "donkey" and SO had approved... I find that interesting, especially as later he said "and who is the donkey?" And then in another post he'd say "I'm the donkey" again. And he also went into some detail about Ghost Busters, the keymaster (played by Moranis) and the marshmallow man.

Now, maybe this stuff about the "donkey" is just light amusement but I doubt it. That would be moving too far off the subject of the thread and mods like Crakeur, I feel, would not do what they encourage us not to do. So there's something to it.

Here’s some quote from his posts. (To read all of anyone’s posts on a thread, just find one post and click on “thread” at the bottom and they all get shown. Please note that all post dates are shown in dd/mm format.)

26/9 “and a donkey”
3/10 “the Donkey is in NYC”
3/10 “although it should be noted that the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man did make an appearance in NYC in that movie so maybe it is all connected.”
3/10 “the keymaster (Rick Moranis) says it. That's why I tossed it there, along with the picture of the keymaster.”
3/10 “and who is the donkey?”
5/10 (Originally posted by Redge777...) “So the donkey is ignorance, and things with less understanding then others...Sigh… Or it is a reference to the Greek God of wine, and is merely a mentioning of the libation to be had at the celebration.”
(Crakeur’s reply...)
“heee haw
the donkey is none of those things.
the donkey is ..…” (End of post)
5/10 (Long post -- you can read it all on Crakeur’s thread contributions if you wish...)
“I am the beancounter, they are the amigos.
I am the Donkey, Hee Haw Hee Haw.”
8/10 “ I think Dave Rabbit said it best when he said ignore the clues coming from non-amigos .”
(Then later in the same post...) “For the record, Dave's comment about whom to follow is partially correct. Red Herrings abound but some of the non-amigo posts have some merit.

I'll give you a hint.

told you about the donkey and Springer-man,
You know that we're as close as can be-man.
Well here's another clue for you all,
The Donkey is(not) Skeptic Overlawd..”
9/10 “The only significance I know of for March 12 is a certain donkey was born on that day, many, many moons ago.”
9/10 (Another post) “the only party on 03/12/08 would be a celebration of either my 39th, my wife's 40th or a combination of the two birthdays.”
Later in the same post: “The birthday is mine. I am the donkey.”
11/10
Originally posted by elevatedone
I sure wish I knew the answer...

(Crakeur...) “that's the best part of this. Only SO knows the answer.”

(End of the quote stuff.) Okay only SO knows, but that doesn’t mean certain super mods and other mods are not being given clues to pass on to us…
Also, thinking about the “Donkey” and him going on about the “keymaster”, it occurs to me that “Don” can be taken to mean “Lord” or “Master”. (Like Don Corleone, Don Quixote, etc.) So, “Donkey” could mean “Master of the key.”

Any takers? There are other places in Crakeur's posts where he tells us that what he's saying/said or what someone else said could be useful. (I'm paraphrasing.) Think it's worth studying his statements more closely?

Also…There is something very odd about that “fist of the revolution” image that SO posted. Has anyone else noticed it? It's not the image itself, but what some of the image actually conceals and how it conceals it.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I found this its probley nothing, but you will have this song in you head now and it doesnt go away easy Hee-haw,hee-haw .....lol

Hey! Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
It's Dominick the donkey.
Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
The Italian Christmas donkey.
(la la la-la la-la la la la la)
(la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)
Santa's got a little friend,
His name is Dominick.
The cutest little donkey,
You never see him kick.
When Santa visits his paisons,
With Dominick he'll be.
Because the reindeer cannot,
Climb the hills of Italy.

Hey! Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Jingle bells around his feet,
And presents on the sled.
Hey! Look at the mayor's derby,
On top of Dominick's head.
A pair of shoes for Louie,
And a dress for Josephine.
The labels on the inside says,
They're made in Brooklyn.

Hey! Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Children sing, and clap their hands,
And Dominick starts to dance.
They talk Italian to him,
And he even understands.

Cumpare sing,
Cumpare su,
And dance 'sta tarantel.
When jusamagora comes to town,
And brings du ciuccianello.

Hey! Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)

Hey! Dominick! Buon Natale!
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
(hee-haw, hee-haw)

[edit on 15-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Great analyzing there....not sure if it means anything or not.
Question...did Don Quixote ride a donkey?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

hmmmm, a new theme song for Crakeur?

Perhaps I should stick to the ode to me (well, not really me) by The Apples In Stereo

of course, I always felt that the Dead wrote St. Stephen about me as well so perhaps I can have three theme songs, for different times of the day.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Now I don't care who you are..that there's funny right there...

(Thank you Larry...)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here we go,

I have a few ideas, new site format and or tv show/broadcast type thingy are very possible.

My favorite theory is stock market floatation of ATS though, with shares going out to members!

Haha, maybe not, cus its a bit complicated to do that!

Possible link up with Google or Yahoo or somebody else are up there for me too.

I guess I am way off with these, what do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Great analyzing there....not sure if it means anything or not.
Question...did Don Quixote ride a donkey?

Thank you...I'm not sure if it means anything either, but the number of references to "Donkey" leads me to wonder...

To answer your question: no, Don Quixote rode a horse named "Rosinante", but his squire Sancho Panza rode a donkey -- named "Dapple".

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I believe we are being the donkeys...Lots of carrots dangled in front of us...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah, AD! I "see" your point. Carrots and donkeys - not a flattering analogy of altruism possibly, but entirely accurate. The stuff about "Dons" and stock "floats"... I'll give this some "scrub-time" to consider the ethics...

Vic

[edit on 15-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ok Bill...Really going out on a limb here because Iam tired of Chewing carrot sticks.And I owe Vic the finders fee for this one.So here goes.

Iam almost completely ignoring the puzzle as the letters and the way it is layed out.
"USER-GENERATED CONTENT. IF CONTENT IS KING, USERS ARE THE GODS."

If this is not right...I need more user sauce...I kinda spilled mine.

Don't worry Bill...I only used these images here.I will not use them for other purposes.

Do I get a Gold Star?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
These two items (non-blurred and unscrambled), represent all the cats in our bag.

Someone said earlier that the top diagram of circles is the internet?

I found this.

Itzhak Bars' two time physics diagram

Link to article. LINK

Or has this been brought up?

If this is what you were looking for for the diagram, I don't have a clue about the scrammbled words yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Do you know.. i've only just realised that the V in V for vendetta is also the roman numeral for 5. Everyone else most likely noticed that straight away but i feel i've learnt something

Doh!

Yea, yer not the only one. Missed that too. I'm as dim as a brown dwarf.

No, thats astronomy, not a shot for short foreigners.

ZG

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Redge..I'm damn near close to dancing with Jack myself over this one.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Justmike, great one,

Donkey == Keymaster.

That is really good, I missed that completly.
I would guess that might be it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
November 5th could very well be the day ATS announces it is going public. They secured some financing "in six figures" earlier in the year, which means south of $1 million, not a lot of dough in venture capital terms. To do that they had to give up some shares in the company. In other words, the three amigos now have a silent partner. The expectation of the investors in such a situation is that they will be compensated by a rising stock price. They aren't doing it because they think UFOs are cool. The 'buy in" price is way lower than the potential offering price. So let's say the investors got in for 75 cents per share and the offering price is $15.00 per share. That's a nice profit. The stock cannot easily rise unless it can be traded so that the street can determine value and act accordingly. This whole endeavor requires a carefully managed 'buzz.' This thread is a part of that. Look at the activity level.

Of course, they could be announcing another round of financing as well. The next set of investors would then get in at a higher price, pretend $2.50, but they weren't first so that's how it goes. In any case, compared to $15.00 it's still a nice profit. Each round of financing generates the funds to increase the buzz and dilutes the ownership percentage of the amigos. When the buzz and hype are considered proper, Pow! Lots of trumpets and fanfare. Onto the pink sheets, maybe even NASDAQ. Anyone with private stock now has the ability to sell. Private stock without a ready market is effectively worthless. I have 10,000 shares of an ISP start-up, but it's not public, so it isn't worth diddly-squat unless I can find a private buyer.

The only other strategy that makes sense for a company like this is to engineer an acquisition of themselves by someone else. Indeed, that is often the goal of a small start-up. The same principles still apply, it's just that you effectively have one stock-holder, the Buyer, instead of many. Everyone still gets paid off at the acquisition price, plus there is no longer the worry of the SEC. The advantage of this strategy is that the owners and investors get paid off in full, either in cash or in Buyer Stock, which is presumably already public. the disadvantage is that the Buyer now has total control. If you wanted to make a quick killing and bail to the tropics, that would be the way to go. If you wanted to continue to grow the company, you couldn't really do it your way by this option. You might be able to continue as an employee, even as a guaranteed contractual one or even a Board member, but compared to running your own shop, eh? Not so good.

To the Users-Who-Generate-Content either option would actually be a good thing. After all, they are the uncompensated partners who do the heavy lifting. Public trading (either the Buyer or ATS) means SEC scrutiny and public knowledge of company issues. It means an increased level of accountability. They might actually have to live up to their motto.

It may be that I am off on the date here and November 5th has nothing to do with this, but note well that this IS the strategy. It may be a little too quick for next month, but if not now, then later. Guaranteed. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok can someone recap what is happening here. what happened so far, cant read all that

are we trying to solve something or figure out what that diagram is? coz it looks like a concept of internet/network. maybe the change is gonna be...this is stupid but i'll say it-- peer-to-peer technology thing. u know the one. its the next best thing now on the net. though i dont know why i would involve ATS with peer-to-peer stuff.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by DuneKnight]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You are probably correct.I just wish there was some way for me to prove that before November 5th.
Thanks for your input, been banging my head off a wall for days.
Yeah yeah MODS...Laugh it up! Ok now stop or I'll throw marshmallows and carrots at you.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Sorry Dude, but you have to read ALL that.That is what ATS is About...Reading, Learning, Sharing, and Denying Ignorance.
Happy Reading!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I like ATS and all, but its way too censored, almost totalitarian-like. u know what i mean. the points system, the moderators: all meant to keep us in line. I'm saying that coz i find it ironic. anyway ATS opened my mind to new ideas i'm still trying to fathom. and ya I mostly read here, not much posting.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join