It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
JSR

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
.....but as Skeptic said, this isn't a game....

if its not a game, then why this
www.its-a-knockout.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

Yeah, can see that now, remember It's A Knockout well.
The only good things about that were Eddie Waring and Stuart Hall laughing

Don't know how it all fits together though.

Suppose will just have to wait and see, or until MM stumbles upon something else.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I had a look at Skeptic Underlord's profile...something seems very odd

ATS Points: 6
BTS Points: 3
PTS Points: 2

Threads Started: 0
Total Replies: 0
Applause: 0
Flagged: 0 times

How can you rack up points without submitting any threads/posts/replies?

Whatever is going on it's got me intrigued!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have just clicked on the title again,

Any ideas on what happened 10 years ago? Revolution?

www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"I am looking for my arch nemesis...

...has anyone seen SU?"

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Everyone's account says that when it first opens. it's like the starter points.

That whole SkepticUnderlord thing is related to other glitches that have been seen with other member profiles.

I remember galm1 had a doppelganger profile at one point, and so did (I think) Hellmutt.

Not sure what they meant then, not sure what they mean now.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
you already have your masks

Yes I do, and it was earned through searing fire for I have seen a man flying on a Walrus, it is nice of you to notice. Thank you.

but for fun I'll bite, let me see what is the mask,

Something to hide scars of the damage from evil, that suffering is shown to all, then they to wear the mask empathising with the loss of the one who woke them up, and learn it is a loss they actually all share for they all have suffered, then when freedom strikes it is removed. And we learn it was those that fell that were with them all the time.

It is the sign of an assembly of many, the faceless masses all the same when they see the truth. Yet it was individuality that was crushed by the state, so they will embrace the tools of unity, then when the state falls, they will cast off the mask and individuality returns.

The mask is Internet, for it kept V from love, from contact, yet not from communication, its need came from the machinery of war and power, but became the tool of the people, it gives an illusion of anonymity, but in reality it is easily seen through, eventually the ones without the tool, are shown the strength, it has arose, they do not stop them, their leaders have fallen to the one who did not burn, or more from the power of his truth.

Knowledge of corruption, V learned his knowledge at the end of doctors needle, from a corrupt state, confined and examined. He learned of the love of one he had never known, a crimson rose with a dream of the salt flats, He walked through the fire, he was purified and given a chest of steel. But his new disfigured state, the state of which caused ridiculed and lack of belief, was seen as unacceptable. Although he survived, he had felt the flames from the darkness. So he donned the mask, the knowledge of what was learned, a knowledge that allowed him to overcome the reaction from the rest, unaware they had lit the fire, the fire fueled by their fear, they now would not turn from him. The price of the knowledge was his task, one that was his to bear, for he knew to much. His scars his guide, wearing the knowledge he chose, he released the fear of the one not unknown, one he would rather just hold. His knowledge broke into her, as he accepted his coarse. She was free, he was lost. A brief dance, a reminder of what might have been. The 5th of November, it was this one, the one that he had chose to share all he had, this one that laid the crimson rose. This new rose was the one that completed what he alone could not, nor would not.

or something like that.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Smoke and mirrors, smoke on the water.

the "game" as you call it, will be afoot on November 5th. Hopefully, there will be global participants. There will be no prizes, no losers, everyone wins.

All will be revealed. Watch the crops. Watch the skies. Watch the banner on the top of the page.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Any ideas on what happened 10 years ago? Revolution?

www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com...

Ultama Online was released and it was announced that John Elway has a nipple ring.

Any help there?

I actually believe them when they say this is not a game.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I have no reason at all to suspect that they are lying.
However, they maybe evasive and econimical with the truth

After all, they are a notoriously mischevious and wily group of individuals,

No good clicking on the banner now

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok I am calling it as a ten year anniversery marketing blitz, using the themes of V and guerilla marketing.

Thats my call, Nov 5 they may by a crop and do an ATS for free media or something thats my guess. Maybe put out some V like ads.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Any ideas on what happened 10 years ago?

When was ATS started?

Could that be it?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hmmmm ... I'm not sure when this domain was registered and begun.

If you go to the Way Back Machine site (internet archive) for abovetopsecret, this is the page you get:

web.archive.org...*/www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not every page is archived there, but there were only place holders for the URL prior to the October 9, 1999 record. Maybe the domain name was purchased originally on November 5?

Flailing wildly for hypotheses ... help me, Spock!

[edit to add]

Rats. something about the Way Back site doesn't allow for hyperlinking direct.

Go to www.archive.org... and put this site's URL into the Way Back Machine search box. Then the page I was trying to reference will come up.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
smoke and mirrors is misdirection,
smoke on the water is not a good song.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm...... November 5th, eh?
Could it be the day that the melting Polar Ice Caps finally reveal the tremendously huge interstellar alien space ships which have been hidden under the ice for so long?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Possibly, will they have LED advertisement running across the side for ATS?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hmmmmmm...... November 5th, eh?
Could it be the day that the melting Polar Ice Caps finally reveal the tremendously huge interstellar alien space ships which have been hidden under the ice for so long?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

what are you doing... you know better than to tell secrets...

no more beer for you !!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In my opinion we will witness the birth of The Above Network and the introduction of user-generated content ecosystems and the ascension of ATS into a higher realm.

It's going to be hard to wait until November

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Can you explain exactly what "user generated content ecosystems" would offer in terms of features and all of that?

I'm a little slow, so I don't know.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A good place to start is this Thread.

I remember the staff, mostly SO talking about it but I must admit I don't fully understand the concept. It sounds really interesting and this is a great time to be alive in regards to ATS.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Kellter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join