It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So here's the result from my search for all the bold's

first one by elevatedone..

Originally posted by elevatedone
In the beginning there was ONE - Now there are 3 - least not forget to Include YOU and ME... There will Be Many

B
Second

oooohhh Video...

V

I like this one

I’ve been away this weekend, man how this thread has taken off.

So Many guesses, All we need now are some more clues, Gee, I wonder

Where the amigos are? I really hope more clues come soon, November 5th is just over a month away…. Oh the Excitement….
IMAG INE

"remember, remember the 5th of November....
N

Ah yes, My oh my - the sIt back and wait gAme, is that what you really want to do?

Good, now put It togethEr, I know you caN

MIAGIEN

another Video.... oh my, can you ImaGine what it's going to be.... oh the excitement, I can't stand it...

VIG
Last one by elevatedone..

I for one would have Imagined that someone would have figured this out by now...

I sure wish I knew the answer...
I

Here's Crakuer's only Bold letters..Which I think are definitely not a clue.

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I think by the time the elevatedone, Crakeur et al give us all those bolded letters, we'll have our answer on the 4th or just after midnight on the fifth.

are you guys actually keeping tabs on the bolded letters?

that's kinda sad.

oy

So all up from elevated one we have.

B
V
IMAGINE
N
MIAGIEN
VIG
I
&
oy

So we have the V for five and imagine not sure how the B comes into it though.

and that's more than enough b's typed by me for now

[edit on 12/10/07 by CthulhuRising]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
....pehaps we need someone to summarize what we have

ill go back threw the post and get all the BOLD letters ......

Hi N.B.A.Y.S.O.H.,

I actually spend about seven hours working on this today, including going back through all the pages and looking for "clues". Regarding looking for anything from words or letters in bold, back on page 20 there's this in a post by Crakeur:

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I think by the time the elevatedone, Crakeur et al give us all those bolded letters, we'll have our answer on the 4th or just after midnight on the fifth.

are you guys actually keeping tabs on the bolded letters?

that's kinda sad.

This kinda suggests that the bold letters might be useful but aren't necessarily the key in themselves --assuming that Crakeur is not knowingly misleading us, which would go against the rules we live by here. I'm hoping he was dropping us a big hint that the bold stuff is not worth chasing.

I have several pages of details I've pasted out from this long thread into a file; if any of it might be useful then just ask and I'll see what I've got. I spent about five hours reading through the thread today just to get my notes, but I can tell you the following:

Several "hints" (if they are) have come from Crakeur (refs to revolution and so forth) and elevatedone ("Imagine" -- twice, the second time as an anagram), with Dave Rabbit also putting in some -- but also telling us that he's only taunting. On p 24 he said:

SOLID CLUES only come from the AMIGOS. I just TAUNT!

-- and 12m8keall2c and Springer have had input as well. And of course SO himself. On p.12 his post includes the word "revolution", and on p. 26 he wrote:

"Web 2.0 is so 2006... we're well beyond that."

On balance, it looks like an anagram; at least, some posters received applause bonus points for following that line, so again I hope that "rewarding" was not done to mislead but to encourage the right line of thinking.

One thing that troubles me is that having spent virtually all my free time on this last night and also today (and I guess I'm not alone), I have neglected whatever is going on elsewhere in ATS. This makes me wonder if there is a message in that alone... What I mean is that I am trying to ascertain what we as members can do to co-operate better in this project. I am certain we are duplicating effort and basically wasting a huge amount of time -- time which once gone, can never be recovered.

I am coming to think that the whole point of the graphic that SO posted was to show a model of a revolutionary way of communicating, sharing and empowering ourselves, both as a group entity and individually.

Consider what SO said: "Web 2.0 is so 2006... we're well beyond that." Just look at us now: with the tools we have to hand, the task of solving this enigmatic "statement" of SO's is almost impossible without some super-human efforts by some people... I feel that SO is trying to encapsulate this concept via his challenge, and also give us some insight into what may be coming soon through ATS. I am hoping that the next level of ATS will be an inter-exchange platform that will allow us to solve challenges like this one in minutes or hours, through providing better tools for effective sharing, analysis and dissemination of knowledge -- something like co-operative learning but via electronic media. I tell ya, if it's anything like that then roll on The fifth of November!

So, that's my .02 worth... If anyone has any suggestions for how we can better co-ordinate with each other for this challenge then I'd be very glad. Maybe we can at least get a better feeling for what SO and his Amigos have planned... For me, that's what this is really all about. It's not the "puzzle" itself that really matters, it's the chance to make such headaches a thing of the past.

Mike

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You missed Love on page 6

""
Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I guess joking and sarcasm aren't allowed either?

Jokes and sarcasm go both ways though.

Edit: Love the signature! Go Pack!

[edit on 25-9-2007 by chissler]""

and also on page 6 UM_GAZZ sig im not sure if its a new sig or old or means anything but its in bold and it kinda relates ...i think?

signature
Collaborative blog, The collective mind of thousands brought together at AboveTopSecret.com to deny ignorance.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
JustMike, Bravo! An excellent analysis. If I could "star" you on this type of thread I would. Your two-cents are far more valuable than face-value.

Cheers and cheers, JustMike!

Vic

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

One thing that troubles me is that having spent virtually all my free time on this last night and also today (and I guess I'm not alone), I have neglected whatever is going on elsewhere in ATS.

Bud, if the only thing this has caused you to neglect is the elsewhere at ATS, you're way ahead of me. By the time 11/5 rolls around, I could be unemployed and divorced. And some bad stuff could happen, too.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi CthulhuRising,

as you can see from our posting times, I was actually getting my post together at about the same time you were working on yours...and hence the duplication of some effort. Well, a lot of effort, considering that you must have done what I did and gone through all the posts at some point...

What do you think? Is the "bold" stuff worth chasing? After all, if it's an anagram the problem still remains. I ran the whole "message" through a program I got off the web and it informed me there were around 508,000 possible anagrams and it would take >100 hours to load them all into a file for me... Well, there's no way any one us have the time to go through half a million lines of text. That's about the same number of words as in the Christian Bible. I tried putting in a few words like "imagine" and some others and made them "compulsory" (so they must be in every anagram), but it still generated thousands of results, which would take a huge amount of time to go through. And of course, if just one assumed word is wrong then the results are totally different.

So there must be a better way of going about this. I'm no expert, soooo...Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
HI Justmike loved what you wrote i think we are all thinking along them lines

i got an appluse from Crakeur (500 points thanks) not long after i made the below post it said is was for contribution to this thread

i dont know if that means any thing

after a fifth of Mark, math becomes somewhat difficult, leading us to to the 9th level of hell in the 3rd month on the 12th day in the 8th year of the new millenium which means?

my reply was "is the first bit a fifth of a gallon/pint/quart of makers mark? i did see you mention markers mark the drink before

so if you did drink so much math would become difficult leading to a mega hang over ie the 9th level of hell and the party is on the 12th of march 2008?"

and i was listerning ATS Mix for the first time the other day and i think it was spingers whos "code" name is makers mark .....his a bit of a "Psnip" head by all accounts (joke)

dont know if that means anyhing maybe its a red herring

EDIT: almost got the hang of quotes now ...i hope

[edit on 12-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Hi CthulhuRising,

What do you think? Is the "bold" stuff worth chasing? After all, if it's an anagram the problem still remains. I ran the whole "message" through a program I got off the web and it informed me there were around 508,000 possible anagrams and it would take >100 hours to load them all into a file for me...

i only got that far and started lauging 508,000 possibilities 100 of hours of download time

is the math worth it 100H+508,000P / by hours to November 5th lol and more lol

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, look at what I've started...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

i got an appluse from Crakeur (500 points thanks) not long after i made the below post it said is was for contribution to this thread

It wasn't for the maker's make drunken math post, you can count on that (times 5/13.9)

in one of your posts you said something of value and I applauded it.

now I'm wondering if there's a do over button somewhere so I can take those points back.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No No you cant do that there mine ............and if i said it and didnt realise i was still right so its legit i get the points ......dont surpose you care to tell me what post?

ill give you 1/2 the points back

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
been awhile since I was applauded but I think it indicates the post, no? if it doesn't, it should

ooooh Skeptic Overlooooooooooooooord.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

can you get ...EVOULTION REVOULTION NOVEMBER FIFTH and DIGITAL DYNAMITE out of it all at once? and i think maybe POWER and CROWD

I still think ATS is going to launch wecast on Nov 5th i did mention it before and im now starting to think times square is where they are maybe going to do it on the big screens there as well as online for all ATS members ....i think them orbs say on them radio, television,computers,internet,power to the people ,freedom, truth ...somthing along them lines

that post lol .........i give in its got me Whooped

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
greetings and thank you sharp minds and educated guesser's all...

I've been following in the shadows from the outset, and having read each and every post several times through and going back to do so again, I share some of the pain expressed by some in the amount of time and energy expended.

Not having much to contribute to this point (and perhaps still not so much), I've kept silent, enjoying the ramble and rumination of members, mods, and amigos alike. Thanks for that - it's been fun....

It may be much simpler, of course, but it is possible that our venerable Overlord has employed more than one encryption method in hiding our little quandary. Because the cryptic phrase is relatively short, a combination of methods would "deepen" the difficulty-quotient (and mystery) by an extra notch or two. I mean, we can't have this thing solved in fortnight, now can we?

Thus, I'm guessing we are faced with a need to apply digraphic substitution, poly-alphabetic transposition systems, and perhaps a singular character permutation to add a little spice.

A similar combination was used on the Kryptos sculpture in the outer foyer of CIA HQ in Langley, VA, and may even provide some inspiration in our timely ATS quest for the 5th.

In any case, I concur, at least to this point, with AccessDenied, that a Vigen'ere Table may yield something useful, though after having thrown buckets of possibilities into a spreadsheet myself, nothing extra-meaningful has materialized - yet. You may all want to try it.

I'm all for working together and sharing knowledge - and for "giving back' to my beloved ATS community. Hopefully, someone here will find this of value.

Good luck, happy hunting, hang in there - we're only about 24 x 24 = 576 hours from zero hour...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Thank you for the vote of confidence...but I have yet to yield anything without the right code word.
Working on it.

Everyone has thrown ideas into the ring, from the extremely plausable, to the outrageous...but at least we are all working to figure this out...one way or another.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was thinking that the scramble phrase might have some ties to Tolkien (sp) since I think one SO is a fan

of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I haven't seen them but when I searched for references to this it appears that there is an elven language or something.

I am just tossing this out there in case it might help in solving the message.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just watched the second video teaser and noticed the part with

"What if... your Friends, neighbors, countrymen..."

The only reference to "countrymen" I've ever heard in my life is from the famous ""Friends, Romans, countrymen lend me your ears" speech in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

This makes me think it's quite possible the text is locked with a Caesar cipher at some level.

en.wikipedia.org...

Supposed to be the "easiest" known cipher to unlock. So maybe there's some other twists in there as well.

In any case, someone with a longer attention span than myself will solve this... just trying to throw out some advice

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's a tool for that cipher, here.

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: Tried it - bupkus. I found a reference to a LOTR cipher, but I think it's someone's fantasy or something bizzare to do with her shrink. I still think it's letter pulls with the first letter or last as the "anchor" and subs from forward word text but I think SO made a reference to "backward" at some point. Could be a sequential swap forward, backward, forward. Two steps forward, three steps back?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
So here's the result from my search for all the bold's

first one by elevatedone..

In the beginning there was ONE - Now there are 3 - least not forget to Include YOU and ME... There will Be Many

Ah yes, My oh my - the sIt back and wait gAme, is that what you really want to do?

Good, now put It togethEr, I know you caN

MIAGIEN

in the beginning there was one (ats)
now there are three (ats bts pts)
dont forget you and me (without you and me (members) theres no ats)

there will be many (many new members?)

the letter shuffle thingy is again, "imagine"

edit to add: could be an amigo's thing aswell.

was simon the only one to start ats (in the beginning there was one)
now we have 3 amigos (now there are three)
you and me is a member reference again, as is the "will be many" line aswell? ?

[edit on 12/10/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If there is a key... try - usersaregods
Total longshot. Wish I had a "friend" who knew this stuff... it would maybe save the 1000 monkey approach. Anyone know a cryptographer?

Cheers,

Vic

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join