It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I still think we're making it too complicated. I still think it's one big jumble. No letter substitution thing or anything that complex. But I think it's reversed (thanks to MajorMalfunction for pointing out the syntax clue).

That is, the "word" on the bottom is the "title" and should be on the top. So you've got an 11 word statement. The "Title" has 9 letters. Then in proper order (numbers indicating number of letters in each word)-

7, 5, 6, 8, 7, 8, 5, 3, 10, 8

So take the letters:
dollneanngcniualcyevoevouishleeoigcnteintitdntioncrtoeaayaldbpisgniesstefmnf

"Unscramble" them to fit the above profile and there you go.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is probably way off the mark. Especially with the "I" clue, but here's something I was working on.

dollnean-
remember-

ngcniualcy

evo,

evoui

shleeoig

cnteint
sharing

itdntion,
together,

crtoea
wisdom

ayald
helps

bpsigni
denying

esstefmnf.
ignorance.

2PacSade-

[edit on 11-10-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well I was wondering.... "ngcniualcy" has ten letters and is the longest "word" in the message. The word "revolution" is, in my humble opinion, the key word in the video clip, and it also has ten letters and is the longest single word given in red (I think). Further it has only one repeated letter ("o"), and "ngcniualcy" also has only one repeated letter ("n"). So, if I make an assumption and assign "revolution" to "ngcniualcy", it may be possible to work out the other letters.

I haven't worked out the most effective way to do this yet
, but it's also worth noting that "n" is the most-repeated letter in the mystery statement (appearing ten times) and it is not inconceivable to have "o" ten times in a statement of that length, as it's the fourth most common letter in English.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I think you could be on the right track with "Revolution" being the 10-letter word. But in my scenario, you don't work out the other words based upon some r=n pattern. Just delete the letters in "revolution" from the letter string, and see what you can come up with for the remaining letters.

It just feels right to me, and I've played around with it, but I keep ending up at a dead end with the letters I have remaining not generating anything meaningful. So I start over and... give up. But keep..coming...back...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there guys...
SO said it was cyphered.
If "V" stands for 5 ie: Nov.5th
If "I" stands for one ie: Imagine

Roman Numerals.
= In my opinion, a link to Caesar. I believe we are dealing with some form of caesar cypher.
I just have not figured it out yet.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm pretty good at the newspaper cryptograms, and I'm almost 100% certain this is not a normal cryptogram, where L=S, and every appearance of L will equal S.

Because one this short with as many double letters, as well as evo, repeating itself, I should have cracked this one in 30 minutes or so.

Unfortunately I don't think this puzzle IS solvable yet.

It will take more clues for it to be figured out I'm afraid.

I would however be Very suprised if the words "Deny Ignorance" were'nt contain in this puzzle.

Also there is the picture underneath the writing to take into account which is just completely throwing me off.

Good luck everyone, great ideas put out there so far, but again I don't think the Final clue that will make it solvable will be given for anotherweek or so.

Then again If one has to plan thier own flights in to NY/Hotels ect, they'd need some time to do that, and November 5th is just around the corner, so who knows, maybe all the tools are there.

The only thing else I can add is the first word, with the Hyphen, could not only be Remember- but it could be November-

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've been lurking for probably six months, enjoying all the different threads and such. I finally registered today just to help with this one.

I have to agreee with the last poster. If it were simple substitution, it would be too easy with the double letters and the "evo, evoui" combination.

I found a decent decryption program, but am having a hard time deciding on the actual cipher alphabet, as well as the key. Any suggestions?

Also, now that we know that the Bolded words probably mean something, has anyone been keeping a list?

One final thing, the way the entire text is formatted with the hyphen, commas, and centering, it strikes me as: Word, Defintion, Author. I'm trying to think of applicable (in)famous quotes that involve defining a word - particularly a broad concept such as revolution, communication, freedom, etc...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How about we remember the 4th of November instead cause that's my birthday...come to think of it, strike that as I will be 45. *facepalm*

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Just throwing this out there guys...
SO said it was cyphered.
If "V" stands for 5 ie: Nov.5th
If "I" stands for one ie: Imagine

Roman Numerals.
= In my opinion, a link to Caesar. I believe we are dealing with some form of caesar cypher.
I just have not figured it out yet.

When did he say it was cyphered? He said it needs to be deciphered. The definition of decipher from Dictionary.com.

Decipher-
1. to make out the meaning of (poor or partially obliterated writing, etc.): to decipher a hastily scribbled note.
2. to discover the meaning of (anything obscure or difficult to trace or understand): to decipher hieroglyphics.
3. to interpret by the use of a key, as something written in cipher: to decipher a secret message.

As you see that doesn't neccessarily mean it has a key. I think the second definition is the one we need to think about.

I have taken a few days off from this, but will be back on it tonight and tomorrow. I am under the impression that it's just a word jumble. I may be wrong, I may not. I really think that some are starting to overthink this puzzle. Sometimes the answer is right in front of our eyes, we are just too close to see it.

I have some new ideas I'll be trying.

*EDIT*
Also, I wouldn't put too much thought into the bolded letters. I don't think they will help solve it as SO is the only one who actually knows what it is.

[edit on 10/11/2007 by keymaster]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

Originally posted by Zarniwhoop...
"S.O. says it's a cipher-locked message... which means someone needs to find the right key to decipher the text."

That is where I read it...
I do know how to read...no dictionary required thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure this will be of assistance but I thought I'd offer it up and perhaps someone can make use of it. The diagram is a type of organizational communication flow chart - maybe. Perhaps from one of the crowdsourcing websites... somewhere there may be a graphic with the text intact. I wonder where. I bet it's searchable and Goog-listed. It could be custom and created uniquely for this task but I suspect that isn't a likely. I could be wrong. I am often wrong. It may be related to a software set... I keep thinkin' of New Zealand - not a clue why.

Another angle - if one looks at the diagram one can discern the number of letters in the spheres and the number of words. Mix and match from the user-generated solution attempt words so far created?

The idea of assembling the bold letters in the thread is an idea not without merit but I strongly believe that SO would not have given us the data in a form not complete enough to solve. The bolds may be a parallel puzzle or something of a key generator.

The answer (if not in exact words) must be reasonably expected to have turned up in the site principles posts in the form of assertion at some point.

The party venue? Me, I'd choose Cipriani upstairs. Maybe 203 Spring. No matter we'll "be there" anyhow.

If the text turns out to be a quote? Who were the "biggies" in media-comm theory? I'd start with Mcluhan but then I'm biased. Little more digital age might be appropriate. Clues in teaser 1? Maybe one of the "gurus-du-jour" of crowd sourcing?

Tests of this sort are a great demonstration of crowdsourcing - working together in a like spirit to accomplish a task or achieve a goal. The same techniques can be applied to other "stuff".

I'm not too proficient at puzzles of this sort but I thought I'd offer what I could to help the cause...

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 11-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I've said this from the beginning, but I figure that I should toss it out again, as I'm unable to attend the NYC meeting in person. [However, I'll be on the cam and watching, so remember who has the donkey!!!]

Anyway, there have been a series of bold letters posted throughout this thread, almost all of them by mods. The only ones that I'd pay any attention to are the ones posted by them and the 3 Amigos. These are obvious clues in my opinion, and shouldn't be overlooked. I may dig into it tomorrow when I have some lengthy free time before the show, but I can't right now.

Just remember, remember, the answer has been staring us in the face all along.

TheBorg

[Edited for brackets in first paragraph.]

[edit on 12-10-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by keymaster

Originally posted by Zarniwhoop...
"S.O. says it's a cipher-locked message... which means someone needs to find the right key to decipher the text."

That is where I read it...
I do know how to read...no dictionary required thank you.

First off, I didn't imply you needed a dictionary. I was merely pointing out that it was never said it had a key to unlock it. It may yet be only an anagram. Deciphering doesn't always involve a key.

Secondly the actual quote is as follows:

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Decipher the text accurately, and win an exclusive invitation to witness...

S.O. says it's a cipher-locked message... which means someone needs to find the right key to decipher the text. I'd bet it involves the numbers 11, 5, and maybe 07.

Just a thought... I could be completely wrong

EDIT: to add I've already looked at the more common ciphers out there and it aint one of those. I think he made this one up himself.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

Which still means that it doesn't necessarily have a key. SO said decipher, which merely means unlock the answer. He never once said it was a "cipher-locked message."

Also that means that you are relying on the post of someone who isn't one of the Three Amigo's for a basis of solving this. No offense to Zarniwoop, but it's been said before to only trust the Amigos. Once by Dave Rabbit and once by Crakeur, who's information about this I'm a little more willing to trust, due to that little "moderator" title.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Boing! Vic slaps forehead says D'Oh! The diagram is an idea ecosystem or ecology of ideas conceptual model. It's quite likely custom and done by a professional - likely SO himself.

It's shape is unlike many of the crowd source flow charts I've looked at recently - too many, only gonna need one anyway - that one. Are ideas born? Who delivers it? Hmmm? When's the due date? Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

So I went over to Mouth PR and sniffed around... this has been coming for a while. Little bread crumbs here and there... not polite to snoop too much in the affairs of others without permissions.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess the idea ecosystem is based on ethical goal-oriented user-centric creative commons sharing model or something pretty close. The expression of the ideation collaborative "engine" is the content... um, er ah - there's a significant idea-bank in the ATS membership.

I'm not sure of a predictive software that can count that high or what unit that might be measured in... let's say Kansas Twinkie-sized, huh Crakeur? Sticky-mallow is good and yummy. Needed some extra digits on the actuarial front? Who ya gonna call? LOL.

Given the right set of circumstances some really fun and serious goals could be achieved by the wisdom of the crowd. Quite an engine... quite a road ahead. Take a moment and consider what the ATS membership collectively knows - did you learn anything today? Add that to the collective body of knowledge.

DIx10x3. A think-tank without the tank is a, a, a, ATS. Think. Inno-vention across the most diverse membership on the Planet anyone? Share. Solve and invent. Do. Enjoy. Kind of a collective "genius" in the truest sense of the word (at the very least a collective expert).
Some of the best ideas I have ever heard come from places and folks one would never expect - cross-cultural pollenation gives good flowers.

As user generated content sites go I can think of none that has this range and depth of alternative subject matter. This is valuable and when partnered with the best available tool set and a willing supplier/buyer the goals of the community can be achieved while providing a service "ethnologically and idea-logically" suited to all parties using this culture. Lead-user, user, client - ideas come from everywhere - some are really good. Everyone has a good idea or two in a lifetime. What if... Imagine... 11/05/07.

This is so far past push-pull, long tail and Web 2.0... well you'll find out. And that's just the Net... Springer I suspect may have other more diverse synergies in mind.

You have the power it's digital it's unique and it starts 11/05/07.

Cheers,

Vic

shutdown -h now man etc

[edit on 12-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Be funny if it's just an anagram, wouldn't it?

Here's one that doesn't contain any special key words but seems to fit ATS's purposes:

Loyal, unending conclave, out-conniving the elite sedition: Famed Fancy Reptile’s boastings.

But if you want "deny ignorance" and "imagine" in the mix, here's my favorite one so far:
Imagine innovative Utopian conditions, deny dateless, self-neglectful botchy ignorance.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I'm not sure of a predictive software that can count that high or what unit that might be measured in... let's say Kansas Twinkie-sized, huh Crakeur?

that's a big twinkie.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Where have all the smart people gone? on holiday?.....get thinking ladys and gentleman.....ill make the coffee im no other use than on this one im afraid

but i make a mean brew

pehaps we need someone to summarize what we have

ill go back threw the post and get all the BOLD letters ...........if it is a wasted journey make sure you save me some coffee ill be tired

second thoughts

it is such a long way go back .............anyone want to come with me i may get lost lol

SOMEONE CRACK IT PLEASE

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The URL's to show the comments by Amigos 3 on this thread... for those who might want to do it themselves find a post by each and click the thread button and presto. Tools enable... ATS provides tools well beyond "each one teach one"... Imagine... here's one:
SkepticOverlord.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 12-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im not sure who said it but someone said something along the lines of. only SO knows what it says is that riddle,

and then went on to say that you need a key to unlock it

and the Mods dont even know what the answer is but it takes evryones help to crack it ...i hope your folowing me

so i was thinking that what if SO is giveing out letters to Mods and they and they have to slip them in and the BLOD letters are the key ?

If im way off track read below my dreams are few my ideas many lol

EDIT:speeling

[edit on 12-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

You will not be able to stay "home", member.
You will not be able to plug in, turn on and cop out. Choice.
You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip,
Skip out for beer during commercials,
Because the revolution will not be televised.
Remember, remember, the 5th of November...

The revolution will not be televised.
The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox
In 4 parts without commercial interruptions.
The revolution will not show you pictures of Nixon
blowing a bugle and leading a charge by John
Mitchell, General Abrams and Spiro Agnew to eat
hog maws confiscated from a Harlem sanctuary.

The revolution will not be brought to you by the
Schaefer Award Theatre and will not star Natalie
Wood and Steve McQueen or Bullwinkle and Julia.
The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal.
The revolution will not get rid of the nubs.
The revolution will not make you look five pounds
thinner, because the revolution will not be televised, member.

There will be no pictures of you and Willie May
pushing that shopping cart down the block on the dead run,
or trying to slide that color television into a stolen ambulance.
NBC will not be able predict the winner at 8:32
or report from 29 districts.

There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
members in the instant replay.
There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
members in the instant replay.
There will be no pictures of Whitney Young being
run out of Harlem on a rail with a brand new process.
There will be no slow motion or still life of Roy
Wilkens strolling through Watts in a Red, Black and
Green liberation jumpsuit that he had been saving
For just the proper occasion.

Simon Cowell, Ann Coulter, and Hooters
will no longer be so damned relevant, and
women will not care if Dick finally gets down with
Jane on Search for Tomorrow because people
will be on the Net looking for a brighter day.

There will be no highlights on the eleven o'clock
news and no pictures of hairy armed women
liberationists and Jackie Onassis blowing her nose.
The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb,
Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell, Tom
Jones, Johnny Cash, Englebert Humperdink, or the Rare Earth.

The revolution will not be right back after a message
about a white tornado, white lightning, or white people.
You will not have to worry about a dove in your
bedroom, a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.
The revolution will not go better with Coke.
The revolution will not fight the germs that may cause bad breath.
The revolution will put you in the driver's seat.

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
will not be televised, will not be televised.
The revolution will be no re-run members;
The revolution will be live... so are you?

Cheers,

Vic

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join