It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hey thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am rather enjoying the challenge posted back on p 32. No way I can go to NYC, because it's rather a long swim across the Pond but if I won it I'd gladly pass it on to someone who can get there.

Good challenge, this one. Haven't got close to the answer yet but...

Putting it into a font which is more readable, we get:

dollnean- ngcniualcy evo, evoui shleeoig cnteint itdntion, crtoea ayald bpisgni
esstefmnf

I am bothered by that hyphen that's hanging on to the end of the first word. If it linked the first two words, as in a noun phrase like "high-priority", for example, then it would give some ideas of its meaning. In this case, though, it doesn't link them. In fact, about the only correct use of a hyphen in this case is to cite a part of a noun phrase separately, but the structure of the "sentence" doesn't allow for that. It's not being used to insert a statement - like this - so I am wondering whether whoever wrote this little gem used that hyphen correctly. I sure hope that he or she did and that the solution will show my "analysis" to be in error. Otherwise I'll be a bit annoyed at spending time on a coded message that includes erroneous punctuation.

Hyphen mysteries aside, it seems that if we can find the meaning of the word "evo" it would help a lot, because those same three letters are repeated in the following word "evoui". There seems to be only a fairly small number of three-letter words that would fit where "evo" is (even if it's also an anagram that must be unscrambled once the letter values are assigned), and again this is because of the placement of the commas. Again, I hope and pray that the commas have been used correctly and not (as is so common these days) in place of semi-colons or full stops. Also in reference to "evo/evoui", the letter "v" only appears in those two words so it's relatively rare. That has to be useful to know...

Other possible clues can be sought by studying double-letter pairs and the relative frequency of the letters.

Just in case anyone wants the whole text of the message in reverse, here it is (and hopefully correctly transcribed):

fnmfetsse ingsipb dlaya aeotrc, noitndti tnietnc gioeelhs iuove, ove yclauincgn - naenllod

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
dollnean- ngcniualcy evo, evoui shleeoig cnteint itdntion, crtoea ayald bpisgni
esstefmnf

doing that can get you arrested in several countries

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What exactly does 'that' stand for? I only know of one organization, although there may be many, that do not allow the engraving or writing of certain materials, while an image would be ok.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
If we had an extra couple hundred thousand dollars to play with we would invite rent a convention center

Need I remind you that being there physically, just isnt the ATS style.

Members of ATS whip out any and all techno gadgets they can get their hands on and report news as it happens to the rest of the ATS community. I expect nothing less from our 3 Amegos. Surely you one of you has a laptop. Perhaps SO can figure out a way to set up a webcam or something. Just because you snazzy fellas will be enjoying cocktails in New York doesnt mean we cant join you for a round of 'cheers' via chat or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Perhaps SO can figure out a way to set up a webcam or something.

We are indeed setting up a quality broadband webcam, with sound, that should accommodate hundreds of viewers simultaneously.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Disclosure, courtesy of the Above Network:

At some point during the webcast, a very drunk trio will accidentally shapeshift live, over the internet, in front of a large group of media related people. The three Lizardos will then proceed to detail our real history, our position in the universe and their plans for our future. As the event is coming to a close, they will direct our attention to the large monitor which will provide a live feed of a secret NWO meeting. At this meeting, one of the Rothchilds will stand up and begin detailing the next phase in the illuminati's 12,549 year plan for world domination. He will collapse from an heart attack and the viewers will see his soul get sucked up by the soul catcher on the moon. We will then cut to the moon, where we will see the mining operation, the soul catcher, various extraterrestrial life forms, Milton and his billiard playing, sex fiend aliens. We will then get a lecture from one of the founders of Atlantis on the global situation regarding the end times of 2012. The live feed will end and Osama Bin Laden will be introduced. Once the room calms down, Ossie, as he likes to be called, will explain that Bush and the NWO hired him to be the lead actor in a new kind of interactive theater production. He will explain that he had no idea people would really be hurt or killed and he will express his deepest apologies. He will then slowly peel off his mask to reveal that he is none other than Tom Cruise.

Oh, and there's going to be crab puffs and cocktails.

You forgot to say "Simon Said"

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This dude, von Hippel is as near as I can ascertain the person who got "It" first. Manufacturing oriented at first... (the papers are well, "dry") - stuffs happens, folks apply knowledge from other fields and "presto" the world changes. Biz-week had a feature not too long ago... for folks who have an interest there are different implimentations of "Crowd Sourcing" popping up all-over and it seems to be working.

Amigos 3 are smart. I suspect that their particular implimentaion could be something really, really special. Do folks realize the ideation capitol the membership of this site represents? Power. You. Imagine. Whole buncha really genuinely interesting folks. ATS is "the" place.

ATS is a singularly unique opportunity with the scale and scope and potential to "bust-out", perhaps even beyond the bounds we now take as the ceiling of glass... I'd not be surprised if the Amigos 3 are gazing well beyond that looking glass... and there "you" are. You have and are the power. Want some? Participate.

Here's a link to a Canadian site that might explain more for some... there are a bunch - more every day. How it Works - Cambrian House

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 10-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow count me in!,

I live in the NL (Holland) so, what time will the broadcast approx. happen? This way I can calculate in wich part of the night I have to get up to behold this thing!

I hope that you guys get a great radio coverage and get sum nice numbers in that "New Users" chart, maybe you'll get so many new members, it'll cause an EXPLOSION

Greetz

[edit on 10-10-2007 by PureET]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

ok so i am going to translate it to the best of my abilities. I used Latin roots to get as close to the phrase as possible. Unfortunately the language was mixed with Latin, this is a scientific language i stumbled across in my studies. So here I go.

Dollnean (two egg pertaining bravery.)
Ngcnivalcy (nut woman)
Evo (dawn)
Evovi (dawn sheep)
Shleenig (fluid)
cntert (three)
itdntion (route or way, only its a noun, so path)
crteoea (body fluid, air)
ayald (burn other)
Bpisgni (tablet)
Esstefmnf ( standing light membrane)

I watched the video www.rememberthe5thofnovember.com...

This has changed since I last watched it. It defiantly has to do with the awakening of man (or sheep) to choose a path. The picture with the circles are the path we can choose from. As you can see we are all connected in space or time. The "Tablet of Burning Light" is your computer. I'm guessing a lecture on how we effect our time, using the computer and will be hosted by 3 (probably the amigos) It should be titled "The Birth of the Lionhearted"

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
[
You've seen this...

Which is the phrase that defines this (without the blurred text)...

"One Ring Will Bind Them"
Did I win?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDudeAbides
"One Ring Will Bind Them"
Did I win?

Although I am bias, and have my own opinions, and am in no way affiliated with any group like ATS. I would say your comment is very insightful.

And what great books and also a great movie that was !!!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfull
I used Latin roots to get as close to the phrase as possible. Unfortunately the language was mixed with Latin, this is a scientific language i stumbled across in my studies.

If this turns out to be some arcane "scientific language" stirred in with Latin, I'm going to be really, really

I know in some past events, there have been clues obscure enough for you to have to dislocate a shoulder reaching for them, but ... but... if you turn out to be correct, I quit.

Meaning, I quit trying to solve any of the puzzle stuff. Just for clarity.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmmm... the first teaser up to the crowd scene...

1) Alexandria Library

2) Gutenberg Press

3) Rubel Offset Lithographic Press

4) Babbage's Difference Engine

5) Nikola Tesla

6) Alexander Graham Bell

7) Grace Murray Hopper

8) Jack Kilby

9) The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's album cover

10) Woodstock (climbing the scaffolds looking for Hendrix seats)

11) IBM 5100 Series (likely a 5150)

12) Tianenmen Square

13) Tim Berners-Lee

14) Berlin Wall

15) Marc Andreessen

16) Tim O'Reilly

17) a powerful ATS member

18) OK Go - Here It Goes Again Music/Dance Video

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: To add linkage to teaser one here.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
17) a powerful ATS member

lonelygirl15 is not a member of ATS (that I know of).

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The new one is now up for sharing via YouTube...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ah. Sorry. I'm old... but I was never one not to take a chance, especially when I feel I will learn something. LOL. Or take the opportunity to become more aware.
That's one of the beautiful parts of ATS... big old ball of exotic data and way cool folks and an idea-machine; a real difference-engine if you get my drift. What if... (you get the notion). I really liked what Springer said about data-privacy. That's very important confidence-wise.

Admiral Hopper is one of my favs. She wrote the first compiler. Whoever put that piece together really did well. Primo-selection. You must get it in front of some of the Ad-festival eyes.

Cultural references are almost a form of language within themselves - a very "who" thing - much fun. My missing that cultural reference to lonelygirl15 is an obvious demonstration of the principle that ATS does in fact behave as a learning tool or "engine" for a body of knowledge. Ideas and tools yield results. Ethics keeps it clean.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the concept develop... it could "blow-away" some of the choke points and bottlenecks that are ready to melt-away as the transformation to digital communities develop. Looking back at the last year or so... one can sort of "see" the change - I like it. The potential for the community to have more value internally and externally is "off-scale high".

What does one call a ground-breaking virtual ground-breaking? Breaking news... and fun.

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: To add I now know that lonelygirl15 is 17). The Missus' is laughing very hard.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ill take the fifth please

remember remember never shut up,
search for the truth and never give up

remember remember,what you belive,
dont forget all you please

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

OK. Just answer this. Are we translating word for word, I have a general idea of how to solve it, but I just need to clarify that bit.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was "virtually" rummaging around SoHo... and ran across a venue that "could" fit the bill for the event in some respects.

A60, aka Above 60 on Thompson St. The interior shot from T-2 (teaser 2) might not fit. Perhaps another member (not already possessing the facts) knows? The name and locale sounded about right...

Cheers,

Vic

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join