It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So..

You claim we are a member driven, content (from members) enforced website, and as it is our hard work of research and thought that goes into this site that makes you money and put you in the spot your in to throw such a big party with so many famous people... you only invite 1 person?? ..

Maybe I am missing something.

I appreciate the hard work and all that you amigos and staff put in, with out you this site is nothing, but without us its nothing.. if ATS is to be put in such a premier spot with this much coverage ect, ect.. whats the meaning behind not allowing the members to actually attend?

[edit on 10/9/2007 by Rockpuck]

PS: I don't mean to be rude. Blunt yes, but not rude, and I am not questioning your authority over the matter. I am just honestly curious as to why?

[edit on 10/9/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Decipher the text accurately

Are you looking for a word for word translation, or the 'jist?'

We can't spring for your travel or lodging, but if you're so inclined, we'd allow you to gift your invitation to any other ATS member you wish who is also 21 or over. But we can spring for a few drinks at the bar after the event with myself, Mark, Simon, Crakeur, and a couple surprise special guests.

I'll take you up on those free drinks even if I don't win the prize

(EDIT: Nevermind, I read my answer)

[edit on 9-10-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
One zero one zero wins. I guess they will. That sounds like a "ten" phat and wide. DIx10x3. Digital.

One day I'd really enjoy hearing the back story and the legwork tales that are all occurring Sub-Rosa... I'd like to know what the "Rubicon" moment was and the immediate green-light reactions of the principles.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
whats the meaning behind not allowing the members to actually attend?

Small venue with a big list of "heavy weights" who need to learn what our members are doing.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Small venue with a big list of "heavy weights" who need to learn what our members are doing.

I was under the impression that the members were the heavyweights

With 120,808 members generating 3,490,209 posts of substance (minimal contributions are not allowed) that cover 294,905 topics in 152 different discussion forums, you could say "the truth is in here."

And new content, new ideas, new speculation, and new theories are being generating at an astounding pace with 518 members creating 22,063 new posts during the past seven days. Also, in that same time span, we welcomed 518 new members and enjoyed visits from 4,165 registered members as well as 366,520 guests.

I am confused?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Soros and Frank Rich will be over at the NYU on the 5th too.

Have fun marketing

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well we recognize we are nothing without or member base. The thing is the members here get what we are all about. All of you get that we are seeking the truth and denying ignorance.

The 11/5 event is a chance for ATS to ascend to a new level of influence. It is a chance for us to be up close and person with people who are heavyweights in the big media game. It is a chance to showcase the site and to show how kick ass our membership is.

SO assured me that the membership will have it due credit when we can do it right.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

aaw man, you mean your not going to fly me in all the way from Australia if i win?

crikey cobber, i was willing to sit on a plane for 23hours while it flies halfway round the globe so i could be your special guest and this is the thanks i get? having to pay my own air fare?

sheesh, your a hard man SO.
i hope your chickens turn into emu's and kick your dunny door down

[edit on 9/10/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

whats the meaning behind not allowing the members to actually attend?

I see... I think. No, wait. I don't.

So, how are these heavy weights important to the site.. what will it bring to the site, how will anybody benefit? .. Bring new members? .. They need to learn what our members are doing? .. why not let them TALK to the MEMBERS.

I think I might gate crash your party!

If this is a publicity stunt, I think we need an actual ATS party for the members, and invite the media and all the famous self important people you can find, but make sure the heart and soul of ATS is at the next party!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Guys, the marketing strategy has brought us nothing but good things so far, so don't start trying to out guess the ones that have gave us such a sweet ride.

If the mass media takes notice that ATS is now a player, then we win, any way you look at it. I'll miss a party for the chance to have ATS, US really, get to be heard by a wider audience.

It's not the party that counts, it's the end results.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Does anyone see the paradigm shift? Um, it must've taken some pretty serious finagling... and a number of firsts. Folks want to learn about the membership... I love it. Now that is "revolution". Such a juxtapostion.

Times change. What can we do for each other? Crowd-what? You need a satellite feed for what? How many countries? What are your members interests? Video, music, literature, lifestyle, socializing all are ready for "Next". I've got a brand new pair of roller-skates, you have a brand new key...

I hope the web-cam action comes off as well as "the happy accident in LA" webcam event of last March. I still smile when I think about that... and the Butterfly flapped it's wings. The world changed.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 9-10-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
One day I'd really enjoy hearing the back story and the legwork tales that are all occurring Sub-Rosa... I'd like to know what the "Rubicon" moment was and the immediate green-light reactions of the principles.

tune in on 11/5, I'm sure there'll be plenty of back story. the majority of the legwork tales that are going on now range from the nail-biting (springer, remember the word contract) to the mundane. The end result will, hopefully, be something we can all be proud of. something you can, one day, say " I was there when.."

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
tune in on 11/5, I'm sure there'll be plenty of back story. the majority of the legwork tales that are going on now range from the nail-biting (springer, remember the word contract) to the mundane. The end result will, hopefully, be something we can all be proud of. something you can, one day, say " I was there when.."

umm where are we to tune into? =P i probably wasnt paying attention right but i can't find the radio station mentioned nowhere.

please and thank you ^^

-the king

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I do live in Manhattan and seem to have that evening clear, so if you need another celebrity at your little party, just let me know!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Where's that SNL church lady when ya need her?

How Conveeeeenient.

Look for the guy on the corner with a sandwich board, Dj. I hear he may have copped some invites.

I think it has "The World Will End Tomorrow" scrawled across it... I dunno.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You know...this is just making me crazy...I don't think this is an anagram but more a cryptogram...but the spacing and punctuation don't make any sense to me...I am almost thinking about doing this in mirror image and trying that, but the punctuation messes me up there too...

I may have to listen closer...

It is early...brain must sleep.

Nite.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wont be able to make the event but....

I think November 5th is going to be the start of wecast some kind of interactive webacasting where in members can upload there own videos and even make a bit of money from them and be online to discuss them

Plus November 5th is going to be the day ATS comes in to focus of the main stream media probley with TV and radio adverts puls maybe this event being beamed live via the internet

Whatever it is im sure it is going to be good

here are some "clues" that might help

If you trace back all the BOLD leaters mods/owners have typed in this thread could mean somthing

Evoultion Revolutin November Fith Love and Imagine are in that code (i think ) i know LOVE and IMAGINE are in BOLD in this thread

In the other picture with the circles i think it says ....Radio Televison ..internet ...computers....media ..truth something .along them lines

To whoever "wins" congratulations and i hope you have a hell of a time at the event and dont forget to take pictures

Peace all

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree with Rockpuck here...sometime in the future..when the budget allows, a venue for the members should be scheduled.Not asking for A list movie stars or heavyweights to be there though.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

if ATS is to be put in such a premier spot with this much coverage ect, ect.. whats the meaning behind not allowing the members to actually attend?

Rockpuck, it is the intention of our 5th November presently-secretive event to allow us to truely move into a premier spot as you put it.

I can assure you there is no need to have negative feelings about this, we would obviously like to open up such an occasion to everyone (and this ties in to our goal of one day hosting our own regular ATS conventions which anyone can attend) but at present we need to keep it small and sweet. While you raised the point about money, don't forget such publicity we create hits our collaborative wallet which *hint*hint* could be a factor.

Back to 11/05 (or 05/11 depending on your geographic status), it's going to be a major point in the ATS timeline and I think everyone will be even more proud to be a part of the community on this day and into the future...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sounds fine, but what about all UK and other global members - does this onlyapply if you are American???

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join