It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

It's probably in the secret forum that only high-level staff can access.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If you want to run with the "SO's last 3 posts deleted/in forums you can't access" idea, a quick Google of Richard Colligan brings up lots of stuff about scientology and drug rehab but no specific person of fame that I can find (I'm not insinuating anything, just listing facts.) I have no idea what this relates to.

Richard Belzer seems to be a comedian and well known conspiracy theorist, probably going to be brought in alongside Dave Rabbit and Johnny Anonymous or something similar.

And it looks like the ATS crop circle thing was supposed to be a surprise... oops
Way to blow it MajorM
. I don't think it will be a big prank on members, contest, or anything like that.... it looks like they are just planning to really ramp up publicity/advertising in November to:
1. hype up people who are already members with great new stuff and elaborate (crop circle) ads, and
2. attract a lot of new members.

[edit on 9/24/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Uh oh, we've let the cat out of the bag? (Bad pun based on your ava. heh)

Well, if I come back later this afternoon and find I've been banned, at least I'll know why.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ha!

Now the SO's last three threads all have the same Latin words:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis...

SO havin some fun with us,

I tried to use a translater but it didn't work, I am still tryin'

edit:more info & as always sp

[edit on 2007/9/24 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He was online and is toying with us!

Darn you, SO! Darn you to heck!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh, boy, is he ever.

This is the entire passage I believe he's posted:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

It is lorem ipsum, standard dummy text used in typesetting.

In other words, I believe he's told us to "butt out."

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
In other words, I believe he's told us to "butt out."

Lol, either that or he has confiscated a case of Springer's Makers Mark and trying to get rid of the evidence!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

All I could get was a partial translation:

Lorem itself pain he is amet consectetur adipisicing elit , but to give her transitory incididunt when to sink and pain magna some. When in fact to in the least degree grace , anyone our work at ullamco labor if not when some out of this to make fit according to reason. Duis but irure pain upon reprehenderit upon pleasant skirmish to be cillum pain good to flee nulla to pay. To take out sint occaecat cupidatat not proident , are upon fault quae workshop to leave gently breath this is to sink

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ST, it's gibberish. It's not meant to be anything but place filler.

I'd never heard of it before, but you learn something new every day.

[edit to add]

That's how I found it. I got the partial translation too, and went to translate the individual phrases that were being ignored by the translation program. When that failed, the first thing I put into Google was "loren ipsum." And I got the explanation.

That SO is a wily man. But he really should have known us better by now -- we see a clue, we are going to snoop.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I would like to give my study, on this exact subject.
Eric Jan Phelps stated, with a reference on his original Vatican Assasins video.
He showed in text that Guy Fawks worked for the Vatican. IMO It is really V for Vatican.
I believe this movie is refering to the black, and red figure, the symbol. V is really the Vatican power, fighting tho old system Us. They are telling you a backwards message here, its very cryptic and only if you know certain things can you piece this together.
political protesters, as wellas lead NatPortman is in a prison camp, tortured, all the key mind control areas.V is a lone nut savior.Stole all the Art(nazis) is underground(D.U.M.B)..In the end its entertainment, but it is also the same idea implanting formula over, and over since Dr.Green.
Side Note. Matrix is again a example of an backward message. Neo is fighting God's machine.Neo (the new man)Smith is US. It is all encoded right in front of our eyes, while they laugh at us.

Add: also "Nov 5 1955" Is the day Dr Emmit Brown's flux capacitor time travel was invented from the Stargate Movie "Back to the future".
Yep, Nov 5th is a important encoded symbol.
DWT

[edit on 24-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

If that's true, I still think it's a good movie because - well - Natalie Portman is in it

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I would like to give my study, on this exact subject.
Eric Jan Phelps stated, with a reference on his original Vatican Assasins video.
He showed in text that Guy Fawks worked for the Vatican. IMO It is really V for Vatican.
I believe this movie is refering to the black and red figure and symbol See V is really the Vatican power, they are telling you a backwards message here, its very cryptic and only if you know much can you piece this together.
Side Note. Matrix is again a example of an backward message. Neo is fighting the God machine.Neo (the new man) It is all encoded right in front of our eyes, while they laugh at us.
DWT

I do not believe V is for Vatican. Specifically it is shown to represent the number 5. It was his cell room number, but was written in Roman Numerals, and 5 fits the theme of 5th of November. Furthermore, V is for Vendetta, I saw that somewhere in the movie
, but might it also be backwards?

If you want to associate the V to Catholicism Then C would work, P (Pope), R (Rome) various letters of names of Popes. So overreaching is possible

I saw the double barred cross on the state sign as a comment of organized religion. It was also black and red, so both sides of the conflict could fit the color association. This makes assignment difficult.

I do agree their was an underlying theme of organized religion as a control mechanism of the population. V could also symbolize religion, I can see associate him as the returning judge of those that are evil, risen from death to be the vehicle of 'Vengeance is Mine'

Strength threw Unity, Unity through Faith, but I believe this 'Unity' is the following of man and evil, not the Churches use of Unity as the body of Christ. oh, I am not Catholic, not that that matters.

Basically I see the state church indications in the movie as a false church of man used for control, something the Catholic Church in my opinion also was at times.

Your comment about layering as in Matrix I agree with in principle, I wrote a over the top one on Buffy that did the same thing, I also found very odd clues while doing, for fun, over the top word associations. Yes they seed many messages in pop culture films.

I actually found a CIA front PR firm just with following a theme, then keying off of a phrase 'lead to' I put it in Google (adding -2007 -2006 -2005 etc to exclude forward dates) and twice first search first hit led me directly to the same theme I purposed. OK I am drifting of topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Guy Fawks worked for the Jesuits, and or Vatican.England celebrates the failed bomb by the Jesuits, by burning a effigy of Vatican dominance.The double cross is a symbol for the House of Lorraine.

V is numeral used in the Holy Roman Empire, and yes does mean 5 like the satanic pentagram it is symbolising. Alan Moore is telling you something with V. It is more than just surface in that guy.He would not even put his name on the movie it was so manipulated by Joel Silver and Wachawskis who twisted his original text. DWT

[edit on 24-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Now you guys are looking into it way too deep.. I have no idea what you are going on about any more, or if you are just BSing anything remotely related to November 5th. Where the heck are you pulling names like Alan Moore and references to The Matrix out of? The last three posts sound like either schizophrenia or disinformation.

Now the phrase at the top of the page that I mentioned is LINKED to a page very reminiscent of past puzzle "win a domain" contests, while still no official word from staff... I don't know if it's real or if they're just messing with us now

ATS wasn't founded November 5, 1997 (10 years), was it?

It'll be interesting to watch this one develop...

[edit on 9/25/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I was hoping for a game but it looks like something bigger....

The link at the top of the page is live!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"From wikipedia...

"The film was made by many of the same filmmakers involved in the Matrix trilogy. In 1988, producer Joel Silver acquired the rights to two of Alan Moore's works: V for Vendetta and Watchmen.[14] The Wachowskis were fans of V for Vendetta and in the mid-1990s, before working on The Matrix, wrote a draft screenplay that closely followed the graphic novel. During the post-production of the second and third Matrix films, they revisited the screenplay and offered the director's role to James McTeigue. All three were intrigued by the themes of the original story and found them to be relevant to the current political landscape. Upon revisiting the screenplay, the Wachowskis set about making revisions to condense and modernize the story, while at the same time attempting to preserve its integrity and themes.[5] James McTeigue cites the film The Battle of Algiers as his principal influence in preparing to film V for Vendetta.[5]

Moore explicitly disassociated himself from the film due to his lack of involvement in its writing or directing, as well as due to a continuing series of disputes over film adaptations of his work.[6] He ended cooperation with his publisher, DC Comics, after its corporate parent, Warner Bros., failed to retract statements about Moore's supposed endorsement of the film. Moore said that the script contained plot holes[15] and that it ran contrary to the theme of his original work, which was to place two political extremes (fascism and anarchism) against one another. He argues his work had been recast as a story about "current American neo-conservatism vs. current American liberalism".[16] As per his wishes, Moore's name does not appear in the film's closing credits. Co-creator and illustrator David Lloyd supports the film adaptation, commenting that the script is very good and that Moore would only ever be truly happy with a complete book-to-screen adaptation.[14]
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

from wikipedia.

Please do your homework before you post. Even a movie can be a mind control program to trigger certain compartments in the collective mind.I stated above that this was my interpretation of the film after looking at it with trained eyes. Hollywood is into occult symbols, and encoding messages in movies, Its common knowledge. MIC has a big say in what gets into the hive mind.Calling people schitzo and all that really just makes you look bad.NOP.

One additional note on V. See the Vatican used Guy fawks as a mask.thats the meaning of the "Guy fawks mask"V is underneath.He is sacrificed on a altar with the red roses all around him ,and is sent under the parliment and blown up. The symbol to see is the Vatican wins in the end because they blew up the parliment.See it is all symbols.Even V talks about it in the movie.Also V has all the dominos set up then knocks them all down.Symbol..We are the dominos on the floorDWT

---------------------------------------------------------

Added 'ex' tags and a link

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25/9/07 by masqua]

[edit on 25-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

So tell me do they celebrate his attempt, remember the 5th as in V, or are they celebrating the fact that he failed, power structure just making sure people know rulers rule.

The establishment celebrated it as a terrorist who failed. Indeed, the establishment sought to instill a tradition every 5th November hence, in which the effigy of Guy Fawkes (the bogeyman) was burnt on a bonfire, someone to despise and jeer as his effigy is burnt.

Of course, there are those of us here who commemorate the night of the 5th November as that of someone seeking freedom from persecution and a tyrannical government, and see the burning of Guy Fawkes's effigy as simply the burning of a inspiring torch, representative of someone who dared to stand up and say "Enough."

Originally posted by Redge777
The third point is V. great movie, it defines the 5th of Nov for a new generation. If this is its meaning, WHERE IS MY MASK!!

It's about much more than the mask

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
you already have your masks

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Darn - I just noticed the link and did the first thing logical and did a whois of the domain. Turns out Bill does have something to do with this one - it does look a lot like previous competitions.

who.godaddy.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Certainly was a lot of fun when I was younger. Groups (today would be called gangs) of children would go around knocking on their neighbours doors asking for "a penny for the guy" With the children was clothes stuffed with paper or leaves to make a man and usually a mask around the head.

In my family, this guy was then placed on top of a bonfire, lit and then my father and fathers of our friends would light the fireworks. I suspect most of the fathers had had one or two drinks when the fireworks were lit. And of course, there was the food. Good hearty food..hot dogs, thick soups and of cource ice cream (In November!!!)

Only as I got older did I realize what Guy Fawkes night was all about, and hey I still enjoy a good firework party!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join