It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So, did anyone figure out what Gilbert Gottfried had to do with all of this?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
So, did anyone figure out what Gilbert Gottfried had to do with all of this?

Where was he?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Basically "we're going to take the user's hard work and sell it for our own gain."

Don't forget that members can now sell content to the tune of $75.

Nobody's going to get rich off that, but it does offer incentive to create good content.

No one mentioned Social Issues.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

At the beginning of the event he was hob nobbing with guests and had his picture taken with the Amigos in front of the ATS panel.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Really?

I must of missed that.

I'm sure when the Amigo's have a moment in the next day or two, they can chime in and fill us in to who was there, why they were there, and what relationship they will share with the community as we move forward.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So realy, whats going on here...

See a few prety girls in the web cam

Cool we get to see some huy hitting on the girls, i wonder if we can clearly hear when he is saying, this should be intresting.

OMG that guy is shapeshfiting!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"We have a lot of people revolutionizing the world because they've never had to present a working model", C.F. Kettering.

Let's see what the future brings.

Mira

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Some of us came to the conclusion that ATS signed a deal for a television station, it being called "The Above Network". I don't know for sure myself, I was 3 hours late.

[edit on (11/5/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
OK, so this was the 10 yr anniversary of ATS. UGC is what this site has been doing for a long time, so is there additional stuff coming for the Revolution? IE all the things in the spheres will we be able to do at this site (watch TV, etc)? Does that mean I no longer have to pay for HBO, NFL Package, Nascar Package? Will there be new buttons at the top? This is just me thinking out loud.

Was just kidding on HBO, NFL package. Was a dig at Crakeur for leading me wrong on solving spheres.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by IrishLass]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You may want to check this:

www.theabovenetwork.com...

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'J311

A PR event to put the website in the public eye..... hmmm hardly a Revolution. Lets hope the site is the 1st place where time travel is confirmed so i can go back in time and reclaim my stolen 1 1/2 hours waitning here for that.....

lol:

[edit on 5-11-2007 by '___'J311]

You're the person that did the insane thing of taking off work to view this. And you're the one throughout multiple threads showing your personal disdain at anything that doesn't give you instant gratification.

Odd.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I got the impression that they are talking multi-media.

Right now, it's the boards.

Tomorrow, it's radio, television, books, and whatever all those other bubbles said.

Originally posted by '___'J311
'I wonder how long it is before you have to pay to become a 'full member' in the Revolution with access to these documents that were talked about...

Nothing to date has even remotely suggested that this is the direction that the "network" is taking. Not that it should matter to anyone. I belong to a paysite. It's fun and I support their cause.

[edit on 2007/11/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by camieb

Ooh that's pretty

I'm still a wee bit confused about what this Revolution means for ATS. I'm guessing it's a greater emphasis on video, radio & live content to supplement the written word. With perhaps a revamp for the site too. It would have been nice for a nuts & bolts thread to have been started explaining the Revolution in detail but no doubt lil bits will emerge over the days ahead.

But it was nice too seeing everyone enjoying themselves & the ten year anniversary. Nice one. Although weighing everything in the balance I doubt it's justified me staying up 'til 02.45 hrs

Bedtime for Bonzo.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ATS goes mainstream....... more disinformation to come via popular media via here. Seems it has started its own demise

if there was a place to star this, I would.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Since the term eco-system has been borrowed from biology, I think it would be safe to interject the term symbiotic reciprocity for the disired result of the "revolution."

I don't think it's that hard to understand.

Pulling it off will be the hard part, but so far so good for the Amigos.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So, uh ... if this has been answered before, shoot me, but answer me anyway --

is there somewhere I can watch this NOW? because I couldn't be on to catch it live.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
just click the web cast above the headers...... pretty much what we all saw plus the 3 amigos talking about how ATS got started and what it is about and what will happen with the 'Network' in the future..... nothing that im guessing you didn't already know..... Good for a bit of a celebrity bash to sell pics to papers / mags not much else in regards to specific content or earth shattering news....

As we all thought was the case.....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I support that notion 100%. I might also point out that there was "much unsaid". TAN would seem to have some links to TV, print, and a variety of other pre-existing formats. I can't say it's a revolution, I can't say it is not... it's a type of beginning that views the traditional media hierarchy a bit differently.

This thread has demonstrated the wide variety of possibilities in near-to-market technologies that could be in one future. I am excited that much wasn't said. SkepticOverlord spoke of a plan out into 2008 and beyond.

I like that TV was mentioned (but we almost never watch). Live Events are I guess my fav. The Clifford Stone documents are of some interest and by the sounds of it the "ATS Book" is "in the pipe". The ecosystem will "reach out" to those who are perhaps not so aware. That's good and a potential revolution in itself. Belzer and Ice T and G.G ("Aflack") are perfect associates for the site... particularly in their opinions and their voice in the larger world.

If one really wants a "Ferrari" website with all the latest bells and whistles one must find a way to make that happen sustainably; that takes resources and partners.

This change in the conceptual model of monetizing an endeavor is quite new. Jim Marrs comments on "many heads" was not lost here. I had no idea there was an office in Oklahoma or the two other locations. That's good for biz.

This was not what I had expected. I'm glad.

AD looked smashing! :up;

Mira

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh well, it's not working for me. I get the page and hit the play button when the player says ready, but nothing happens.

When I click the button saying "click here if you can't see streaming" I get my media player which says it can't connect to the server.

My loss. I'll just have to continue to live on with my own mental images of what you guys look like.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok...I'm not scrolling through 129 pages.

Someone answer me a question though:

Is there anything noteworthy in this "Shark Jumping" event?

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130 >>

join