It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rabbis told Jews to shun Evangelicals'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

'Rabbis told Jews to shun Evangelicals'

www.jpost.com

Israeli rabbinic authorities have abruptly called on Jews to shun a major Christian tourism event, baffling and upsetting evangelical groups that traditionally have been big supporters of the Jewish state.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After many years of good relation with Evangelic Christians, are the Rabbis now are seeing the deceptions in this venture?
Could this news above be the start of a turn of sentiment from Orthodox Jews?
If the Second Coming of Christ will not happen then maybe we can convert some Jews then and there!
What's your opinion on this?

Kacou

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There has been animosity between christains and jews for many years - but this is a very sad turn of events that could see christianity pushed against judaism once again.

when certain peoples start saying certain main stream branches of christianity are anti semtic then tensions may rise even more.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
3 great religion are fighting for the monopole of the true divinity.
Back then when I was in Israel, I couldn’t understand the connection between the evangelical Christian doctrine and the orthodox Jews. If you know your theology you will come to understand that the Jew have never recognize Jesus. So how can they be an alliance... an alliance was form when fundamentalist Christian need it Jew to fight all other( Muslims, Buddhism, Atheist...). and fundamentalist Jew need it help to fight the Arab. What we see now is the rejection of the Fundamentalist Christian. At the core Judaism is a very peaceful religion not a doomsday cult.

Kacou

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i can`t beleieve how this is getting ignored -post `islam told to ignore jews` and the rabid dogs would be let loose and want to tear them apart - but when the other way around? it gets ignored

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
For many years, it has always been a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" relationship between US Christians and Israeli Jews. For Israeli Jews, they have a constant supply of money, and for US Christians, they get to trigger the coming of the Messiah. But now that Evangelical Christians followers have started setting foot on the Israeli Jewish homelands, the Jews feel that they will have to face a situation where Christians will try and convert them.

I can't say this wasn't expected. Israeli Jews want a Jewish state, and not only in regards to race, but Religion as well, and when people start coming there to convert them, of course they will start being aggressive.

Pretty soon, US Christians who visit there will see just how wrong Israel is in accordance to its treatment of other races and faiths.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

"Pretty soon, US Christians who visit there will see just how wrong Israel is in accordance to its treatment of other races and faiths."

I am not so sure about your above quote.
As I said when I was in Israel I found that the orthodox Jew where much more organize and liberal compare to the Muslim. This make them the front leader of Israel. The Muslim are not so structured when it come to rule a country or run it ( look at the Golf country: they all have a huge expat population from the west to help them in prospering they country). Talking with Muslim in Israel (yes you have Muslim in Israel!) I had at that time the sentiment that they concern where about the Zionist and Christian fundamentalist. My sentiments again was that Muslim have no problem with Jew and Jew have no problem with them. Threw out history Muslim invasion where never really a threat for the Jew in the Middle East as Christian invasion where very much a menace to the stability of both religions. In our time now the fundamentalist Muslim has joined forces (dived) to the Zionist and Evangelist so to really stir more mess.
I truly believe that fundamentalist Christian are making things bad for the Jew and Muslims.

Kacou

new topics

top topics

join