It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I didn't know the USAF funded research outside of America...

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Apparently they are in next door having a yarn with some of our people about research avenues and pathways.


I sure hope they don't expect much in the way of enlightenment!




But more seriously, I know you lot in the US are pretty paranoid at the best of times - I'm surprised they'd even consider ventures outside of the USA (although of course I'd expect it to be relatively low-risk stuff).




posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There are USAF/DoD/DARPA research projects going on in Australia, the UK and Israel to name a few. Other likeminded, close ally countries certainly have valuable knowledge bases - forget paranoia as far as research goes, production secrets on the otherhand could be a problem.



posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
you missed ONR out too, they have allsorts of programs being done all across the world.



posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
you missed ONR out too, they have allsorts of programs being done all across the world.


Who are ONR?

ONERA?


I knew that NATO publishes work, but thought all US government research abroad would have come under NASA's purview.



posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
Who are ONR?


The Office of Naval Research. And I think those are just some of the US agencies that do join research and development overseas with allies etc...



posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by kilcoo316
Who are ONR?


The Office of Naval Research. And I think those are just some of the US agencies that do join research and development overseas with allies etc...



DO'H!

I think I have some of their work on compliant skin for drag reduction kicking around.


Memory like a sieve me!



posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
But more seriously, I know you lot in the US are pretty paranoid at the best of times - I'm surprised they'd even consider ventures outside of the USA (although of course I'd expect it to be relatively low-risk stuff).


Actually I'd say we're rather indifferent in the best of times-ala When Ho Lee. I honestly don't no why this surprises you. The US spends bundles overseas usually just to have it spat back in our face.



posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6

Actually I'd say we're rather indifferent in the best of times-ala When Ho Lee. I honestly don't no why this surprises you. The US spends bundles overseas usually just to have it spat back in our face.


*yawn*



posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Got anything intelligent to add Dick? I guess not, after all there is little use in denying that the US is the most generous and least appreciated nation on earth, since all the facts support it.



posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Got anything intelligent to add Dick?


I think that question would be better asked of yourself, your last comment was completely devoid of any intelligence, and this one hasn't improved your average any.



I guess not, after all there is little use in denying that the US is the most generous and least appreciated nation on earth, since all the facts support it.


The US is only generous when its in its self interest - its also one of the most hypocritical nations on this earth as well.

So you can take your poor little hurt boy routine and go home for all I care.

And my name is not Dick, chum.

[edit on 27/9/2007 by RichardPrice]



posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
I think that question would be better asked of yourself, your last comment was completely devoid of any intelligence, and this one hasn't improved your average any.


My dear Richard, your arrogance is most unbecoming. In my first comment I was stating a belief-which your last reply confirms by the way-that despite all my country it has done(and continues to do)for the world we still get comparatively little credit.

I guess you could be right about the US being generous only in her own self interest. After all it would not have served America well had we forced Britain into angry poverty at the end of WWII by insisting that Britain repay all her debts. It would also not have served the US to let Western Europe be swallowed up by the Soviet empire. It wouldn't have been in America's interest to let millions of Somalians die of starvation, or to let Kosovo be ethnically cleansed by Serbia. It was in America's best interest to aid victims of the boxing day tsunami and victims of countless natural disasters from around the world.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

The Americans

Oh and just out of curiosity can you name just one time when one country aided another counter its own interests?



new topics




 
0

log in

join