It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel DEMANDS THAT U.S. foreign aid be paid in EUROS??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

FYI - the Euro is now worth about 1.4 US Dollars.

Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni

Secretary of State Rice has acknowledged a communique from Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Levni which requests that all foreign aid payments and loans from the United States be made in Euros rather than in Dollars. Foreign Minister Levni cited the rapidly declining dollar and it's disfavor as a world currency as reasons for the request.

"In the spirit of Yom Kippur, the United States will not hold Israel to any agreements obligating them to accept Dollars as payment for their foreigh aid. We will translate our obligations into Euros or whatever currency that best fits Israel's needs" Secretary Rice said in the Friday, Sept 21 announcement.

"We need to place our Israeli obligations at the top of our national prioriy list. Israel should not suffer any inconvenience due to currency fluctuations" said Rice before heading off to Camp David.

A similar request from Egypt was declined last week.
www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

first of all could someone confirm me whether secreaty Rice had said something like this on friday sept 21.......

if this is true , IT MEANS US CURRENCY IS LIKE A SINKING TITANIC AND USA WILL BE ENTERING RECESSION , THE CONDITION IS THAT EVEN ISRAEL IS PREPARING TO ABANDON DOLLAR

[edit on 24-9-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Zionist-Gov in the State of Israel has seen a greater public awareness by Americans to the Aparthied actions against Palestinian people, and the possible influence US-citizens might have in demanding Israel stop their plan of displacing (all) Palestine citizens from Palestine.

I believe this is a shot across the bow by Israel threatening the already fragile Int'l-Dollar as Note of Exchange in the world market. In esence, that unless you tody to our every whim and need without question, we wil destroy what is left of the US-Dollar on the Int'l market.

For those not aware of the secular Zionist penchant for vilifying and destroying an enemy; being anyone that gets in their way of re-establishing (all) borders of what God scattered them from in 30-70AD, you may get a chance in the near future

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
First they suck you dry..

Then they throw you away.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe people having been waking up to the fact (as I did many years ago) that the US was trying to make the US dollar the default world money system.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow, Yet Iran wanted to trade their oil in the Euro scheme.. Wow, we gonna bomb them too.. Unlikely..

Actually unlikely we will hit either IMO

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

yes , i must say you are correct ... its stunting that israel is about to abANDON ITS GREATEST ALLY USA .;...

simply amazing

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I saw this piece listed as Satire on several other boards and it's clearly so.

There again, with Israel firsters running the show in the US, nothing would surprise me any more

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Apparently, embarrassed by public outcry, Israel has agreed to accept partial payment in glass beads, assorted bobbles, and baseball cards. The balance to be paid in Shekels, distributed in brown paper bags...left on undisclosed DC park benches.

*Source questionable*

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If this is a reliable source, I don't know what to say, wow.

Could this be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back? Is the Dollar done?
I don't know.

If Isreal can't accept Dollars, maybe they would rather have nothing. Not a single dime.
I have never liked how the policy in the middle east has been played since WW2, but now I really think that Israel is taking advantage of 'aid' and not being a good 'friend' in the middle east. Maybe the Palestinians want our Dollars.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
If this is a reliable source, I don't know what to say, wow.

I don't know.

If Isreal can't accept Dollars, maybe they would rather have nothing. Not a single dime.
I have never liked how the policy in the middle east has been played since WW2, but now I really think that Israel is taking advantage of 'aid' and not being a good 'friend' in the middle east. Maybe the Palestinians want our Dollars.

DocMoreau

I don't know what to say, wow.

even i was most stunned , that israel can treat its biggest ally usa in such a manner

Could this be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back? Is the Dollar done?

well, many econmists claim that US economy is in recession and if Bush continues with his excessive military expenditure and imperialist ambitions , US economy could even collapse, thus , it could be in my opinion used to establish dictatorship in usa

Maybe the Palestinians want our Dollars.

a lot of muslim countries and even iranian islamic moderates want investment and friendly relations , unlike their extremist counterparts

[edit on 25-9-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Its called real politik in which friends are only allies until they are no longer needed. We do the same thing all the time (the Shah in Iran comes immediately to mind as do the Mujahideen in Afghanistan after the USSR withdrew) and if Israel had lost any serious significance for our government, we would drop them like a hot potato too. And, don't make the mistake of thinking we wouldn't. There are no friends among countries, no matter how we help each other.

Think about it... look at the history of the past 60 years and all we have done for Israel. Name one thing they have done for us in return.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We should give Israel aide in the form of Mexican labor. They can help build that nice little wall they have between them and the Palestinians. At the same time, we can rid our nation of the latest boogie man, "the illegal Mexican".haha

What's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth? Israel is a joke.
Let the Jews move to America where they can thrive and let the Arabs fight over the so called "holy land". There is plenty of desert here in America that looks just like Israel.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
"We need to place our Israeli obligations at the top of our national priority list. Israel should not suffer any inconvenience due to currency fluctuations"

You have got to be fckin kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How on Gods green earth can Americans support such a corrupt and hypocritic government is beyond me.

At the top of the American priority list should be as follows
1. Cut down military spending
2. Find those responsible for the missing 3.7 TRILLION dollars
3. A complete overhaul on foreign policy
4. Fix the American economy
5. Get the hell out of Iraq
6. Put Bush in prison for treason.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praafit
"We need to place our Israeli obligations at the top of our national priority list. Israel should not suffer any inconvenience due to currency fluctuations"

[snip]

How on Gods green earth can Americans support such a corrupt and hypocritic government is beyond me.

At the top of the American priority list should be as follows
1. Cut down military spending
2. Find those responsible for the missing 3.7 TRILLION dollars
3. A complete overhaul on foreign policy
4. Fix the American economy
5. Get the hell out of Iraq
6. Put Bush in prison for treason.

[snip]

yes,EVEN I WAS STUNNED , WHEN I READ THIS

American public is ignorant and actually unaware about geopolitical affairs

[edit on 9-26-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Its called real politik in which friends are only allies until they are no longer needed. We do the same thing all the time (the Shah in Iran comes immediately to mind as do the Mujahideen in Afghanistan after the USSR withdrew) and if Israel had lost any serious significance for our government, we would drop them like a hot potato too. And, don't make the mistake of thinking we wouldn't. There are no friends among countries, no matter how we help each other.

Think about it... look at the history of the past 60 years and all we have done for Israel. Name one thing they have done for us in return.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by grover]

actually , the pro-israel lobby is so strong in usa it will always be israel first policy , which is ruinous to its US middle east policy

[edit on 26-9-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

what about taking care of people here in US

rice talked about putting them "at the top of our national prioriy list"?

national? they are international WTF

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
nothing oozes confidence quite like abandoning your own currency...

"In the spirit of Yom Kippur, the United States will not hold Israel to any agreements obligating them to accept Dollars as payment for their foreigh aid.

really? in the spirit of Yom Kippur? Did Yom Kippur have something to do with money changers?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I cannot find any other sources that corroborates this story.
And the blog being used as the source for this story doesn't even have a source?

top topics

join