It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Minutes Butchers own Interview with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am watching Him on CSPAN right now and some other channel and every translator is a women with a high pitch voice. I can't even pay attention cause I keep getting annoyed by the voice.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think I'm liking this guy.
Mainly because everyone hates him.
and I don't know..He's chill as heck haha, the dead guy asking him all the questions is way! too impatient.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Fair play jpm1602. I was expecting you, not knowing you personally, to keep your teeth sunk into that one until the end. If only everyone was open to rational debate like yourself we'd be in a hell of a lot less trouble.

Since the British marine 'gulf of tonkin' event I'd always expected AJ to be a clever political player. After watching this interview (thanks BitRaiser: top notch stuff) I suspect he is not only a clever political player, but that perhaps he is even quite a spiritually developed person. His calm - as previously noted - is the calm of a man who has no evil intent and knows that only those that wish to see it will do so. Thereafter he intelligently, politely, and calmly debates the so-called "journalist" who is, by comparision, rude, abrasive, stupid, and disinformed.

Quality stuff. My money's on AJ. Let's hope he and people like him can pull us out of this primal quagmire of genocidal bull# we've been blinkered from for so long.

In all honesty I am inclined to say that lies beget lies; furthermore, that divine justice - in the right conditions, and they are ripe - will out.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Wow, that old guy is awful. Why does he even bother asking questions if he doesn't care what the answer is? He is also incapable of discussion. He gets absolutely own3d in this interview.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now can anybody tell me why the President of the United States and the President of Iran cannot sit together and have a discussion like this on television?

Why can't they both express what they have to say to the people and then you all decide who you think is right or wrong.

I would like to see something like this and I am sure others would too! Have both presidents interview each other, see what happens then.

There is absolutely no pretext for War and their never was, if you sit with someone and actually communicate there is always room for compromise no matter how stubborn both parties are. Communication, compromise and the love of peace can only bring about solutions.

America does not want peace nor does it represent freedom.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Drewdatt

Drewdatt,

This is the question that should be on everyone's mind. I watched Charlie Rose try to make a fool out of him last night. Same story, different channel. However, in the CR interview, he made it clear that this question is on his mind as well.

And to Bit, thanks for this thread. The lengths the American Machine will go to to tell a story the way they want to should be expressed to as many open minded people as possible. Then they, should in turn, attempt to open the minds of as many others as possible. He can't get through to the administration, so he's trying to get through to us, the people. I hope someone informed him as to how difficult that was going to be. I get the feeling he's embarrassed for us at the extent to which we're brainwashed as a society.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We must allow these idiots to speak and speak freely- it is the freedom which sets the US Constitution apart from so many other countries Doctrines. As americans we have the priviledge to make an ass out of our selves in public- why limit it to jus tour citizens? What's his name from Iran did exactly what was expected he made a fool of himself, inspite of Bollingers short sighted reminder to the crowd that this man was an ideological idiot. Consider our TV personalities- Rush & Bill are two more examples when given the chance a fool will reveal himself. Unfortunately the esssence of Freedom of Speech requires allow these 'folks' to speak. It is our choice to listen or give feedback. Let the free market work for US- stop listening and they will go away- but never barr them rom speaking- "with enough rope.."

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by purple girl

You clearly didn't understand what the man said... or maybe you've only been watching the western mass media spoonfeeds.

As far as allowing the free market to work for the US... um, have you not been paying attention? IT AIN'T WORKING! Despite a frenzied effort to invade other nations to seize their assets, countless acts of US state sponsored Terrorism, and various intentional violations of NAFTA, the US economy is on the brink of collapse!

Really, what are they showing you people?
Don't you understand that the drop in the US Dollar value is directly linked to this failed free-market experiment and the fact that no-one ever believed that pure capitalism could every work?

I suggest you put the flag waving on pause for a moment and take a moment to look around.

Oh... and you might want to wrap your head around the fact that the US is far from the only nation that embraces free-speech. In fact, with the Patriot Act in place, I'd have to say the US is the least free first nation in the world!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join