It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Minutes Butchers own Interview with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is such a brilliant example of how to mis-inform the public!
This first video is the full interview. It's 80 minutes long... so get some popcorn.

This is the 24 minute version that aired on CBS (sorry, it's currently not posted on googlevideo or youtube) :
CBS Version of Interview

If you don't have time to go through both interviews, check this vid out for a clear example of how the CBS version was edited to remove valuable information and change the context of his answers:

You don't have to study this very hard to see how creative editing has been used to make Ahmadinejad's replies conform to his "monstrous" image as portrayed in Western Media, while also removing many valid points that people really need to understand.

It's sad to see 60 Minutes going down this path.
I used to trust the show, but I never will again.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing the interview, not only to see that the american media is crap (thats already a known fact), but also to get to know the Iranian leader a bit.

That 60 minute guy must be the most inpatient guy ever... can he frigging relax a bit?? He isnt even interested in trying to understand the replies...

Then he lies about not being angry. Honesty is not his thing, is it?

Why arent they spending these 60 minutes talking about CURRENT politics instead of dragging up old quotes distorted by the media, and then let him defend them... what kind of interview is that??

Sigh. I get so frustrated watching this. Its like watching one patient intelligent guy vs one inpatient idiot interrupting and throwing quotes around...

Winner: Iranian president, by knockout.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I know what you mean.
The interviewer (I'm trying to figure out who he is... strangely hard because their website isn't listing that interview... is it Mike Wallace?) does his job very poorly. He's clearly hostial, doesn't wait for complete answers, doesn't correct obvious misunderstanding, and generally acts like a snobbish and ignorant pick. I I was interviewed in this manor, I'd be a lot less tolerant than to (politely) ask if the man was a Journalist or a representative of the Zionists.

It's funny watching him get more and more agitated as Ahmadinejad avoids saying all of those crazy and evil things that crazy and evil people are supposed to say.

There are a couple points where culture and language are clearly a problem. In Iranian culture (as I understand) it is quite rude to give short answers. When asked if he said the remarks about being surrounded by a glow and hearing the voice of god, he says "I read that in the paper" rather than simply "no" because that's just how they communicate. If he understood western culture, he might have gone with "What the &@($ do you think, @&!(@??. NO!".

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yes BR caught that action tonight. I found it quite intriguing how Ahminutty danced around would he ever use nukes on Israel. He went blank assuming non understanding. Then saying how Iran would only use nuclear power for peaceful purposes. This after repeatedly saying 'Israel should be wiped off the map'. My fear is that a pre emptive strike will open a hell hole of global war. I truly believe most Iranians are embarassed by this sheep herder. The reality is the west must deal with him one way or the other. I would not promote a global conflagration based on one madman. France and the EU also don't want a nuclear capable ultratheistic state on there shores either. A religion that promotes eradication of any 'infidels' that don't conform to their strict code of living in contrast with killing one person is like killing a planet is insanely hypocritcal. Weakness is not an option here. It would be nice to call a family meeting here to see if we could heal the divide amongst religions. Unfortunately the likelyhood of this is slim to naught.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Can you please stop with the "wipe israel off the map" stuff, specially since you have a link in the original post where they explain what was said BEFORE the american media twisted it?

That quote is just another example of how the american media is intentionally distorting what was said in order to make it easy to understand for dumbed down americans. Never mind that its not the truth, it makes for a great headline, doesnt it?

Its even accepted as the truth in America...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You need to read the thread that is linked in my sig.

The fact is, he never said "wipe Israel off the face of the map". This is proven very easily. There is such expression in Farsi!
This is also why he seemed a little confused when he was asked about it directly. Since there's no such expression in Farsi, we can't be sure how the translator handled it. Thus, rather than saying "no, I didn't say that", he attempted to explain why he said what he actually said.

I doubt he understands the aggressive tones that "wiped off the face of the map" carries.

For the record, what if said was "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
With all due respect what is the difference. Wipe or vanish. They have made it clear they seek Israel demise. A pittance of land will end the world. Just beautiful.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry guys. I don't buy your spin. Nice try though. Centuries of killing and hatred will do us all in. Humanity, what a joke. Beam me up Scotty.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
With all due respect what is the difference. Wipe or vanish. They have made it clear they seek Israel demise. A pittance of land will end the world. Just beautiful.

He said (translated): "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Which seems to indicate that he wants the regime to stop doing it, but does not threaten to destroy their country.

On the other hand, your country (I guess), USA, lied about Iraq having nukes, lied about them hating America, and so on and so on. Now they are doing it with Iran and you are buying their lies for the second time.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

The difference is in the tone.
Is should vanish from the pages of time is a simple statement that it shouldn't exist.
Wipe off the face of the map implies violence.

It's the difference between "that evil $&%^ Bush deserves to die" as opposed to "Bush should be removed from office".
Get it?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Got it. Iran was once one of the most westernized nation in the middle east. The 'people' have no angst towards us. Then the cia got involved. There was the '76 thing. It gets so convoluted. I just try to get a meal in once a day, walk my dogs, and try to take care of my house. What do any of us really know. I have no animosity for anyone. I'd be the first to believe what we are being forcefed is horse manure. What does concern me is ultratheist terrorists that blow anyone up without regard. Not to say I would force Brittany Spears on anyone, I'd cut my own throat first.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This interview speaks volumes.Not in exactly what he says,but in the deliverance.
I have watched his eyes,reactions when the translation was complete and his general body language.

Do not be mistaken for ONE SECOND that this guy is the least bit intimidated by the quotes that have been read back to him,or the threats put forward by the UN and the US.

He shows absolutley 0,Nothing,Zippo.
No fear,reproach,regret or even uneasiness.
If anything,mild amusement.
This is the reaction of a man with complete conviction in his beliefs and of his ability to back them up...Or the peace of mind that goes with total insanity.

It's like looking at a guy who is faced with a pack of wolves.
Either completely confident in his ability to fight them off with his trusty penknife..Or happily resigned to the fact that when he gets eaten,they will choke to death on him.

Compare this with a certain prez's speech delivery.
Awkward,unprepared,nervous and downright insincere.

Very scary.
Conquer fear and there is nothing else out of reach.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Well, yeah, seems ya got it.
Thing is, I don't buy into the defeatist attitude. I could, it would be easy to just say "we're all screwed, so what does anything matter?". I consider that a cop-out, though. The very least I can do is to get myself better informed and defend myself against those who would attempt to use me in their plans. I can reject the propaganda. From their, I can attempt to spread a little bit of truth around. Open some eyes and minds. Become part of the solution. Who knows... if enough people become like-minded, maybe we can change things for the better?

In the worst case, I can tell my children why it all came crashing down when we're living in a cave.

By the way, I reject the notion that it is ever acceptable to blow up innocent people. I make no distinction between those who do it with IEDs and those who do it with laser-guided "smart" bombs.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Point well taken Bit. I hope you and everyone else in world has a great day. I wish peace and love upon the world. Got to get some shuteye.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I should be used by now to the "unbiased media" of the U.S.

Having their manipulation clearly confirmed once again makes me literally want to puke.

Thank you very much for posting this Bitraiser, I am FLAGGING THIS.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is really playing the game. IMO if America goes it, the end for America is near. The whole world will be up in arms..

America has been going the whole 'Empire' path for awhile now, but under-reason... The UN is finished, America will be exposed, (if not already)

Much like Iraq, America has little proof. IMO Irans nuclear program could really be for civil purposes. Even if they procure the bomb, its probably only for defensive purposes.. And you wonder why?? I dont.. They are surrounded

I would love to contribute more, but gota run

[edit on 24-9-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I started a new thread on part of the interview (missed this thread). I particularly liked this part of the interview:

Ahmadinejad on 60-Minutes: The Bush Paradox

I thought the interview with Ahmadinejad was very interesting. Before the flamers come out in-force let me assure you I hardly think the guy is a choir boy. That said, I found one part of the interview especially interresting and revealing. In it, Pelley (the interviewer) makes the following statement (emphasis mine):

PELLEY: I asked President Bush what he would say to you if he were sitting in this chair. And he told me, quote, speaking to you, that you've made terrible choices for your people. You've isolated your nation. You've taken a nation of proud and honorable people and made your country the pariah of the world. These are President Bush's words to you. What's your reply to the president?

If Bush's comment could apply to anyone in the world it would most certainly apply to himself. Could he possibly be so completely self unaware?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you BitRaiser for bringing this to my attention.

I knew Ahmadinejad was in the US, but I no longer watch television so I didn't see the interview.

CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, etc they're all the same. All are owned by the same interests, although one may seem more 'liberal' than the next...

Its too bad the average American buys the bull# they see on tv and read in the newspaper. I just wish we had some people with balls in the media...Instead they sell out and lie through their teeth on a daily basis.

Americans, buy yourself a lie detector so when you are fed bull# day in day out at least you'll know you're being fattened up for the slaughter (Draft anyone?).

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ahmadinejad also prefaced his comments about the isreali "regime" and how it should vanish from the pages of time by saying it should go the way of the soviet union. gov't change.

p.s His current speech is very good. When he started talking about depleted uranium i was waiting for someone to "take him out". He is getting people to think for themselves, and the media should spin their dradles as fast as they can on this one. the jewish people are manipulated more than any other group, seeing though the manipulation is more difficult because of the trauma they or their parents have been through and then the teachings that have been ingrained in them which was sanctioned and written from people with unfair perspectives . the regime occupying isreal does need to be changed. for the benefit of all jews, christians, and anyone.

THIS is a HISTORIC speech.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The so called repoter is really extremely impatient and not really showing the same respect that Ahmadinejad gave him.
The reporter who is really just trying to get him say something bad like the monster he is always presented in the western media.
He should have gone to the interview without his stupid opinion instead he should have waited until the end of the interview to make up his mind.
He is a real lucky journalist if i were Ahmadinejad i would have sent him into iraq to some folks to behead him for his rude behaviour and gestures.I mean
WTF???Pointing at Ahmadinejad with the finger lol how old is that guy mentally 5?Thats disrespectfull.He makes me really angry when i see how he acts not very professionel.All the time he is waving with his hands around is he some kind of magician next we will probably see him in some Las Vegas show.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by TheXpecta]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join