It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do not agree with the man myself, but I think it is important that he be given the chance to speak his views. I thought that in America, everone, citizens and non citizens alike had freedom of speech. The 'Rush Limbaugh' types were acting like letting him speak was something that should or could be controlled, but with his diplomatic immunity as head of state, and the visa to travel here, I don't really understand why him speaking is such an issue.

What I have never understood about our recent 'diplomacy', is that I understand the 'no negotaing with terrorists' but the current administration has not used any diplomacy with Iran. At least what I can tell. I mean wasn't Ahmadinejad elected as a response to Bush lumping Iran into the 'Axis of Evil'?

I don't understand how hard it would be to sit down and talk with the guy. Maybe it has to do with something more than trying to communicate, and the lack of communication.
And they call this the information age...

Maybe I am wrong.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You said:

He believes the holocaust did not happen, Iran has no gays,

Jesus Christ!

You parrot propaganda. Ahmedinajad said, referring to the Holocaust:

"I'm not saying that it didn't happen at all. "

About gays:

In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country.

He means there are incomparably less homo-bars and homo-magazines.

Unlike some other women, I personally like gay men.

Ahmedinajad says that women in Iran are very much respected.

He could have argued that women in the western world are often treated disrespectful and regularly exploited, but he didn't. But it is certainly in everyone's mind.

Anyway.. these are not the important topics. The fascist rulers of the USA are talking about WAR - BLOODBATH OF INNOCENTS - illegal aggressive war.

We must be able to name Israel as a war-monger-nation and a criminal entity. The jewish lobby will immediately cry ANTISEMITE and will not fail to abuse the dreadful crime of the holocaust to justify their own crimes.
READ THIS for a condensed version of what you MUST learn about.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hasnt the US already talked with Iran a couple of times this year at the diplomatic level which hasnt happend since 1979?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What is interesting he said during the speech is that Holocaust did happen in 1930'-1940's. The sanctions which he was talking about, about spare parts for the planes, I definitely agree on that. On what RIGHT... does US has right to restrict them from buying some parts for civil air-industry and Iranian president was right about that some countries, don't like other ones' to be technologically or scientifically developed.

Having giving a lecture to Iranian Leader by university president, what a joke and a serious circus by trying insulting the leader.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Odessit]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This whole thing is a game. From a mainstream standpoint, I can not look at this whole situation without sheer confusion. This guy comes off just like Bush, cocky and a horrid liar.

They're both part of the same game. We basically gave Iraq to Iran, KNOWING we would have to fight them off in the future to gain back control. All we had to do,] was secure the Iraqi borders, and fight off the Shia' militias who are backed by Hizbollah. Yet, a blind eye was turned to ALL of this.

Sunni militants are the minority in Iraq, by FAR. We face the deadliest threat in Iraq by Shiite militias. Period. Yet, Bush still plays the Al-Qaeda card to death. If he really cared about what Iran was doing, he would bring it up and put forth solid evidence. The U.S. has solid evidence of Iran's support of the Iraq government and police force. Yet it's not used to claim we need to stay there. Sunni militants are still the exucuse.

NONE of this makes sense. It's just a friggin' game. I'm so sick of it.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tobiascore]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think that Ahmadinejad wanted exactly what is going on, on this site. He is making us fight amongst ourselves. We have come to hate our government so much, (because of the internet putting whatever and it being believed), that anyone speaking out against it, is good. It's sad. He is a smart guy, he is able to use our media and our own citizens to spark debate about whether we should hate or like this piece of garbage.
A world known terrorist came to our country with the gall to speak at a college and not "everyone" was appalled. I for one am sick at the people who give him any sort of support. I remember when America was solid, we banned together. Now there are too many boo hoo-ers _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')
Whiny people that think the government is only out to get us. There is nothing different in the government than back at the beginning of government history, except the Conspiracy Theory America Hating Internet sites.
Long and short, America really needs to take a look at itself and see how easy we have been duped by a Murderer and Liar

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just for reference, here are a few pictures I found of scenes from daily life in Iran. If you google "Iran daily life", you'll get a pile of pics...

I dunno. Looks like normal people to me, and generally seem happy and not fearful. I also found some pics of an women's golf tournament in Tehran. It was pretty fun! Later! Andy

[edit on 25-9-2007 by drumist69]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKriv
I remember when America was solid, we banned together.

That is so funny, on so many levels...I'm going to use that as my sig or something! Sweet, unintentional irony

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I remember when America was solid, we banned together.

Posted by Drumist69
That is so funny, on so many levels...I'm going to use that as my sig or something! Sweet, unintentional irony

This makes me sad

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Are we all supposed to march in lock-step? THAT would make ME sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No, if people don't like here they can leave and go somewhere that is "better"
Bad thing is, nobody can name a place.
I am not saying our country and/or gov. is perfect but there isn't anywhere else that's better.
I was saying that I am sad that Americans as a country as a whole are all fighting with each other.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKriv

Well, I was born here, and I generally like it here. I just happen to think (as do many people) that there are some things that could be done better. So why not stay here and try to improve things? By your logic, if the roof of my house started leaking, I should move to a better house instead of fixing the leak. And since when is having a discussion considered fighting? Debate, sure...but not fighting.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No, if people don't like here they can leave and go somewhere that is "better"
Bad thing is, nobody can name a place.
I am not saying our country and/or gov. is perfect but there isn't anywhere else that's better.
I was saying that I am sad that Americans as a country as a whole are all fighting with each other.

Well, that's what I did. I moved to the Netherlands and live much better here. The fact that you are saying that there is nothing better than US speaks of ignorance and brainwashing. Just look at some ranking of living standards/ quality of living. US is not even in the top 10....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well you comparison to a roof leaking is nothing. I am talking about the people that think the "roof" "walls" "foundation" and so are bad but just keep complaining about it.
I don't think you and I are fighting, we are actually being civil.
I am talking about the people that, whenever something happens that involves the USA, it has to be a conspiracy.
We as Americans have it better than anyone in the World and we tend to forget that.
I guess I am kind of jumping around to different subjects but whatever.
')
')

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
Ya'll are being played.

Why do you think they would let Ahmadinejad go to NYC and speak? So more and more Americans would get pissed off at Iran to further the Administrations agenda for attacking Iran.

I'm not angry at Iran. I am angry mostly at Columbia University. I think it's a sad statement about our country that we censor someone who actually cares about the security of the United States, yet, let someone the like of Mahmoud speak...

[edit on 25-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why would you insult me by saying I am ignorant.
Thanks for giving me an example of anger.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I'm not angry at Iran. I am angry mostly at Columbia University. I think it's a sad statement about our country that we censor someone who actually cares about the security of the United States, yet, let someone the like of Mahmoud speak...

It was most likely planned.

Bollinger, the President of CU, is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, which also has many PNAC members, including Robert Kagan, the co-founder of PNAC.

Still looking in to whether or not Bollinger is a member of PNAC, but can't find any substantiating information regarding it.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKriv

You are welcome! However, I did not call you ignorant. I said that you present yourself as ignorant with your statements.

Sorry for the offtopic. Carry on...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKriv

A world known terrorist?
You mean the democratically elected leader of another country?
Why do you make blind comments like this?
That is a very ignorant statement.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Firstly I'm a Conservative voting, capitalist, proud British Citizen. I don't read tabloid papers, and I don't believe everything I see on television. I think the USA is an incredible country and having spent a lot of time with it's people I'm constantly impressed by their welcoming and generous nature.
Having read the FULL TRANSCRIPT, not some edited tabloid version I have to say I'm impressed by the man.

I am disgusted by the hosts introduction, I think he forgot his manners, his courtesy and above all his respect. Like him or not, Ahmadinejad is a president, a leader of a foreign power, and he acted like such, what an awful message Lee Bollinger has sent to the Iranian people on the etiquet of American representatives.

Quick Summary -

Ahmadinejad correctly points out that, well before 9/11 Iran was attacked by a terrorist group that is now state funded by America! During those attacks the government was decapitated and over 4,000 Iranians were killed! Double standards anyone? Lets see if the media points that one out!

He reminds us that American backed Saddam Hussein attacked his country and killed thousands of his people using WMD's.

He points out that they have been an IAEA member state for 33 years.

He points out that the IAEA has not once raised concerns over the Iranian nuclear program.

He points out that they have accepted the offer for foreign provision of nuclear fuel and technology in the past but have been repeatedly let down on this, why should he allow it to happen again?

He points out that as a member of the IAEA they have a right to nuclear power.

He admits the the holocaust occured but would like to further research it's causes, it's origin and it's current day implications.

He absolutely states that his country does not wish to harm any other.

He questions Israel's right to exist and to own the land which it claims. He does not at any point say he wishes to remove it, nor does he deny this. If Israel's land claims are wrong, should they have any right to that land?

He asks for a referendum across Isreal and Palastine, he is promoting democratic principles not followed by our leaders before we invaded Iraq!

He tells us that Jewish Iranians hold positions in the goverment.

He doesn't answer the questions about political detainees in Iranian prisons, which will surely provoke a negative response. But I asked myself, would Bush answer specific questions about specific prisoners at Quantanamo, held without trial? I don't think so!

He correctly points out that America also uses draconian capital punishment, and that however this is acheived the end result is the same, death! Something we abolished a long time ago here in the UK.

He points out that Iranian women hold high positions in the government. I watched a BBC programme not long ago that backed this up, with Iranian business women claiming they are sometimes more respected than their male counterparts.

He claims not to have homosexuality in Iran! This is either a deluded comment, or something is lost in translation. He claims not to have the "phenomenon" witnessed in the USA. I think it's fair to say that most arab nations have not seen it either! Draw your own conclusions there.

He says that he wanted to go to 'ground zero' to pay his respects. Personally I think he should have been allowed to go, after all he dislikes Al Queda as much as the rest of us!

Personally he struck me as a composed, intelligent if not slighty too religiously orientated, leader. I felt that he dealt with a blatent display of disrespect with dignity and professionalism. I think he got his point across well without needing to rant or try and stir emotions a'la Bush.
I think that for a country that has been continually attacked by western leaders and media he is incredibly placid.
Compared to other leaders he answered questions directly and did well to avoid been drawn into giving answers to loaded questions.

Cheers

[edit on 25-9-2007 by stratsys-sws]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join