It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

If we want to deal with the women's rights issue in Iran, then we can organize it and do so in a separate forum. But to use that as an excuse to ignore the fact that Israel kills these people and steals their land and resources, and that, potentially, is the reason these Middle Eastern nations are fighting back and earning the label "terrorist", is ignorant and counter productive.

So, stoning Women to death and Executing Homosexuals is not an act of Terrorism against his own people? Providing the funding to active Terrorist Groups is not supporting Terrorism?

After reading the OP I see all topics to do with Ahmadinejad's visit and speech are on topic. He was asked questions about these issues and his responses are indeed on topic. Defending Evil is in and of itself practicing Evil. When you defend something you are that thing. Ahmadinejad is an Evil Man. He provides funding to Terrorists, therefore he himself is a Terrorist. Weird too

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
President of Columbia University opening speech to Ahmadinejad.

Will post more as I get it from youtube.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am sick of the random trolls that come in here and say anything that questions the government is unamerican or unpatriotic.
Think for yourself, Iran is not your enemy just because your government says so.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So, did he deliver a speech yet or has it happened already? What time is he going to put speech in?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
So, stoning Women to death and Executing Homosexuals is not an act of Terrorism against his own people?

It is, but why respond with bombs? How does that fix anything? Two wrongs now make a right?

How about we strengthen human rights groups and provide political support to them? How about we go through international, diplomatic channels to fix these problems?

Why doesn't Bush make this his focus if it is indeed so bad? Instead, we're focusing on an over hyped nuclear program.

Are our priorities out of order? Or is the issue of women being stoned just not one of those excuses that can justify a war? Or perhaps both?

So there we have it - the great American saviors. We want those Iranian people to be free, so naturally we should consider the nuclear option to level their cities.

Providing the funding to active Terrorist Groups is not supporting Terrorism?

Proof? Not a FOX News article either.

Defending Evil is in and of itself practicing Evil. When you defend something you are that thing. Ahmadinejad is an Evil Man. He provides funding to Terrorists, therefore he himself is a Terrorist. Weird too

Definition of "terrorist":
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

Hasn't Bush said that we're going to get hit again? Or hasn't he said we're going to get hit, or the terrorists will follow us home, if we leave Iraq?

Don't you think the possibility of another attack would frighten others?

Or don't you think that he's trying to achieve something politically by frightening others, like gaining support for the Iraq war?

Definition of "terrorism":
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

So wouldn't that, by definition, make Bush a terrorist?

Or is it because he's the "President" of the United States, he's excused?

Let's put it this way -

Imagine Ahmadinejad at this university; imagine he said "the United States will get hit again"

You and all your fellow FOX News viewers would be screaming "TERRORIST!!!!"

Now, let's replace Ahmadinejad with Bush. Same sentence. Now what's the first thought that pops into your head?

Probably not "TERRORIST!!!!"

So what does that tell you?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

He did already. I watched it live on CNN (CNN International that is). BTW, when I was living in America, I noticed quite significant differences in the two editions, so maybe it was not broadcasted on the American version.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ah ok thanks

Guess I missed it. Hope it'll be on youtube shortly.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoke
I am sick of the random trolls that come in here and say anything that questions the government is unamerican or unpatriotic.
Think for yourself, Iran is not your enemy just because your government says so.

"Random Trolls?" That's a polite and thoughtful statement that adds to the discussion. Let's see . . . I do think for myself and I DO think Iran is my enemy. Of course, it's only the government I hate and not the Iranian people.

If you take an objective look at history for the last 80 or so years you will see that Iran and the US have been on a collision course for a very long time. It's a simple case of conflicting interests - Iran wants to control the Middle East because they think it is their right or destiny. The US wants to control the Middle East because we can't live without access to the oil. Our whole economy (and that of the EU, Russia, China and everyone else) is built on oil and can't exist without it. It really doesn't matter who you blame for this situation because that won't change anything now. It really doesn't matter who is President of the US or Iran because the course is already set and I don't see anything changing it at this point.

I'm sorry to sound negative and I hope I am wrong - but that is the way I see it right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Iran wants to control the Middle East because they think it is their right or destiny.

When has Iran ever made any efforts to control the middle east. They have the desire/right to control their own country and not those around it, and the president even stated today that Iran has no interest in invading any country, they are only concerned with national security/defense.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't know if u know this but he was one of the terrorist that took over the us embassy. There is a clear picture of him. THe same exact guy. That is criminal period. And if u like him so much, y don't u move to Iran, get the *SNIP* out of America. Go live in Russia or China at least and start complaining about their country.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hm, I came across this vid, you might want to check this out.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

We could go back and forth like this for hours with no meaningful outcome. Sometimes it is best to just accept that what I said is my opinion and what you said is your opinion.

I have nothing but empathy for the Imprisoned Citizens of Iran. The horrors they must endure if they do not march in lockstep with Sharia Law I can only imagine. Did you know they can not even read what we post on this site nor can they themselves post here? These photo's that pop up are filtered by the State Media before they are released. The video of the Women being stoned to death I watched had to be smuggled out by people who put their lives at risk to show the world what is really going on. I hope someday they find the power to free themselves and then maybe they can speak for themselves on this board.

No Homosexuals in Iran
Not living ones anyway
He looked really nervous when he said that. Do you suppose he is in the closet himself?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
U guys b1tch and moan all day, but try living in another country where your rights don't mean sh1t. No country is perfect, but at least America gives u chance to live a good life, unlike 99% of the rest of the world. If u want a perfect gov. go get an island yourself and make u own rules.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
I don't know if u know this but he was one of the terrorist that took over the us embassy. There is a clear picture of him. THe same exact guy.

Source?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
U guys b1tch and moan all day, but try living in another country where your rights don't mean sh1t. No country is perfect, but at least America gives u chance to live a good life, unlike 99% of the rest of the world. If u want a perfect gov. go get an island yourself and make u own rules.

I have lived in four different countries for periods lonnger than one year. Everywhere i did not experience any problems with my rights. Please explain on what you base your statement that in 99% of the countries people don't have rights. Where have you lived to know? Iran maybe?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Africa, China, Vietnam, cuba just to name a few.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

No one on the entire continent of Africa has rights?

hahaha
omg, I almost fell off my chair when I read that.
Man, people have some interesting views of the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I meant better chancing of living a good life than 99% of the world. I'm pretty sure u can live a good life in other countries by being a tyrant.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
99% i was refering to have nothin to do with rights. I was talking about living a good life with oppurtunities. Those are two different ideas.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoke

Originally posted by itguysrule

Iran wants to control the Middle East because they think it is their right or destiny.

When has Iran ever made any efforts to control the middle east. They have the desire/right to control their own country and not those around it, and the president even stated today that Iran has no interest in invading any country, they are only concerned with national security/defense.

Hmm - let's see.

Iran is not affiliated with anyone in Iraq and is not trying to influence people there. Iran never supports terrorists, militants or anyone else by any name you choose that goes about causing trouble in the are. Iran never supports Syria, Hezbolla, Hamas or any of those other local gangs.
Iran never gives weapons to anyone, anywhere.

Nope - Iran is totally innocent. I stand corrected.

BTW I have a bridge, some nice land in Florida and a really good car to sell to you.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by itguysrule]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join