It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad has just stated categorically there are NO HOMOSEXUALS in Iran! When asked about the oppression of Women and the practice of Executions of Homosexuals he first dodged the question entirely with a bunch of meaningless diatribe. Then when asked again he claimed that unlike the United States their are no Homosexuals in Iran.

This man is a pure Politician. He talks and talks but never really answers the questions posed to him. A week ago I watched a tape smuggled out of Iran showing two women being stoned to death. The quality was poor but it still made the bile come up in my throat. Those around the women acted like participants in a sporting event. Now today he says Women are treated well in Iran.

For the most part his speech was, as a student just said in an interview, "rambling and incoherent". He totally failed to answer most questions. My impression is that he is not very intelligent and is most likely quite mad.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
thank you NovusOrdoMundi for the information
. i have to say to me the engagement at the school was just to bully the man. after reading the article that billlinger guy was just ripping into him. i wish i was there to hear him speak. cuz to me these are historic times we are in. and hopefully all will be well.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim356
“Iran will not attack any country,” Ahmadinejad told The Associated Press. Iran has always maintained a defensive policy, not an offensive one, he said, and has “never sought to expand its territory.”

Asked whether he beleved the U.S. is preparing for war, he responded: “That is not how I see it ... I believe that some of the talk in this regard arises first of all from anger. Secondly, it serves the electoral purposes domestically in this country. Third, it serves as a cover for policy failures over Iraq.”

Flame away, but I think the guy is spot on.

This is not a "Flame" - I just want to ask a couple of questions:

How many times did Hitler say he had no plans to invade France and no plans to attack any country? I don't claim to know or have any references, but he must have made a good argument since the British government of the day believed him. I'm sure he sounded fair and intelligent at the time. He was just trying to "right the wrongs" of the past.

How many times have Charles Manson or other horrible criminals said they were innocent and would never harm a fly? Would you believe them and trust them to babysit your children? Of course, you can make the same argument about any person in history or in office today.

My point is simply this - why do you trust Ahmadinejad at his word? Its obvious you wouldn't trust President Bush to tell you the correct time of day so why trust the President of Iran to tell the truth? I agree that Iran hasn't "invaded" any other country but that is no guarantee that they won't in the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by irbilly

If you had watched the live speach of Ahmadinejad, you would have seen the context in which he said it. He meant that the Holocaust was used as a rationale to establish a jewish state on Palestinian lands. Obviously they had nothing to do with the extermination of jews, so why were they the ones to suffer, because of the actions of others?

Btw, the whole speach (which I watched on CNN International) was extremely inetersting and he made many valid points. The funniest part was the introduction by the President of the University who made a fool of himself. The introduction in short was "Although you are a repulsive dictator which we hate, we let you speak". Ahmadinejad answered calmly to the provocation making the point that invited guests are usually treated with respect and the intelligence of the audience is not insulted by offending and biased statements during the 'welcome speach'. For that he received a major applause and in general he handled the situation in a very dignified manner.

If you haven't seen the speach, do so and will not regret it.

The only funny part (guess this will be the emphasis on FOX) was when he said he did not think there were homosexuals in Iran

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
rigth on!!!. ill have to find a link to the video of the speech. like i said i didnt know what he was talking about when the whole palistine and halocaust thing came up. but thank you everyone who gave me the info

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can't believe that the president of a university would come out and say the things he did.
In my opinion a university is a place for the promotion of conversation of issues, and free speach and thinking for yourself, among other things.
If I went to Columbia University I'd be embarrassed. I know he doesn't speak for all his students, but he made statement that included the term "we" a lot.

All I can say is wow, that guy needs to get some class.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spoke

Spoke,
He's the enemy because people are told, repeatedly, he's the enemy. I totally agree with another poster in that I hope his speech will diffuse tensions...but I doubt it

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Point made, point taken. I guess my trusting nature undermines my common-sense. However.....oh forget it, there's no way to interrupt any of this...lies.....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw another link in here.
it has been stated that he avoided lots of questions, but he didn't really avoid them he just called many of the claims baseless.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

This article is still a little biased but not nearly as bad as Fox.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I see people jumping on the issue of homosexuals in Iran and women being stoned.

I think I speak for everyone here, that is defending Ahmadinejad's right to speak at this University, when I say that we don't think he's a clean, good, innocent guy who only wants peace. He's a politician. He has his beliefs, some of which collide with our beliefs. It's the difference in cultures. That is bound to happen. And if I don't speak for everyone when I say that, I apologize, and please address my errors.

Women should have equal rights. I agree. That is a horrible aspect of Iran.

Do we really have any room to comment on homosexuals when we have the same issues here? I think homosexuals should have equal rights as straight couples, but many in this country don't see it that way.

Again, he's not innocent. His country, his culture, there are horrible things that go on. But how many countries, or how many religions, or cultures, or anything else, are innocent? Or haven't had their hands dirty at some point?

My point is this - yes, some things in that culture are very bad, but let's keep the separate issues separate. Don't blur the situation. Don't mesh everything together. Women not having equal rights has nothing to do with the intentionally forged translations of what the man says. It has nothing to do with them being labeled terrorists.

We're discussing why they are labeled terrorists. Don't justify your point that they are terrorists by adding in other issues.

I mean, I don't see anybody complaining about the limited rights everyone has in China. So why bring other issues from Iran into this?

If we want to deal with the women's rights issue in Iran, then we can organize it and do so in a separate forum. But to use that as an excuse to ignore the fact that Israel kills these people and steals their land and resources, and that, potentially, is the reason these Middle Eastern nations are fighting back and earning the label "terrorist", is ignorant and counter productive.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ok, the guy is a total waste of my oxygen and I do not appreciate him even being in my great city, despite being allowed to speak anywhere, it just wastes more of my oxygen. Get him the hell out of my neighborhood, my city, my state, my country. I hope he walks out of Columbia and attempts to meet the people of New York face to face. He would get some NY justice. I say let him come down to ground zero. Do not allow him a security detail. I don't get a security detail when I visit ground zero, why should he? I am sick and tired of people on these message boards shooting America down, stabbing us in the back and outright talking a lot of crfap when they have no clue as to what they are saying. I am tired of it all. To borrow a line from a great leader, or a great nation. "Your either with us or against us." Stand up, be heard and chose a weapon. Its time to take our country back from the damn sympathetic losers that are attempting to hijack it.!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i agree with ya NovusOrdoMundi
nobodies perfect i know im far from it. but he should be aloud to speak. i still think this country is a great country and we are destined to do great things for our country if we could all stop bickering.
. but thats just me thinking again. got to stop doing that.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
traderonwallst i too am tired of the american bashing . nobody says you have to watch fox news or any other crap. just turn the channel. i dont think bad thing of the brits when watch bbc america .i personally love that show keeping up appearnces. Or the hispanics whe telemundo appears. sometimes i think america bashing is all the rave to the younger generation

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

So now it´s YOUR oxygen... hmmm I was not aware that someone could actually OWN oxygen from the atmosphere(of the planet) nowdays in US...

What a thought, what a thought....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
lol i love this place
well if we can own oxygen im buying its stock

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Lets see George Bush walk down to Ground Zero without security. Think he'll do it?

You see, it's people like you that label everyone a conspiracy nut or a kook or say they're insane or un-American, or another popular one, a terrorist. You say we don't know what we're talking about or we have to make things up to feel important. You say we don't understand the world, and you have no problem with trying to shut us up or anyone up that disagrees with your view of this country and the world.

That's not being patriotic, despite what you want to think.

You know what I can't stand? This American arrogance that runs rampant in this country. The idea behind America is great. But you know what else would be great? It'd be great if it was a reality instead of an idea.

This American arrogance just gets tiresome. It gets old. "Get out of my country!!!" How about we get out of Iraq? That's not our country.

Or does it only apply when it suits us? We can be in others' countries, but they can't be in ours. Is that right?

Is that along the same lines as speak your mind - but only if it's in accord with mainstream opinion and doesn't question authority?

Why put conditions on things? That only makes you a hypocrite.

I bet you don't have a problem with us bombing the Middle East, do you? I'd even go as far as to say you'd like to "turn the Middle East into glass".

That's one of my favorite American arrogance statements.

What has the Middle East done to us that we didn't do to them first?

What have they done? Bombed an embassy? Bombed a navy ship? They certainly didn't hit us on 9/11.

What have we done? Oh, nothing - just occupied their lands, stole their resources, killed and captured their sisters, brothers, husbands, wives, mothers, daughters, fathers, and sons, meddled in their politics, staged coups, built military bases, sanctioned them, and trashed their history, culture, religion and overall image in the media and abroad.

But yeah, they're evil. They're the terrorists.

Arrogance gets you nowhere. It doesn't make you tough. It doesn't give you all the facts. It doesn't make you right. All it does is gives you the false sense of mental security that you are, and do have, these things.

Get this 'us vs them' mentality out of your head and take a close look at the world. Follow what is just, what is moral, and what is right, rather than playing this "insert country name here" hypocritical blame game, because an arab strapping a bomb to himself to blow up civilians is no different than a US fighter plane dropping a bomb on civilians, whether you think so or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Ok, the guy is a total waste of my oxygen and I do not appreciate him even being in my great city, despite being allowed to speak anywhere, it just wastes more of my oxygen. Get him the hell out of my neighborhood, my city, my state, my country. I hope he walks out of Columbia and attempts to meet the people of New York face to face. He would get some NY justice. I say let him come down to ground zero. Do not allow him a security detail. I don't get a security detail when I visit ground zero, why should he? I am sick and tired of people on these message boards shooting America down, stabbing us in the back and outright talking a lot of crfap when they have no clue as to what they are saying. I am tired of it all. To borrow a line from a great leader, or a great nation. "Your either with us or against us." Stand up, be heard and chose a weapon. Its time to take our country back from the damn sympathetic losers that are attempting to hijack it.!!!!!!!!!!!!

A question. Why all the hostility. What has the guy done to you, to your city, your state, your country?
Is this just hate for the sake of it because the government and the press say he's your enemy?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by irbilly

America bashing is a misconception. Nobody is really bashing Americans as people. And if they are, it is for allowing your great country to turn into what it is now. Whether you believe in NWO agenda or not, it is not so hard to see how US is no longer a democracy, but rather a corpocracy. Business and political interests are one and the same, and personal freedom is slowly(?) taken from you. And the situation is the same in many parts of the world, but since the "Butterfly effect", US rightly gets most of the bashing.

Btw, I have lived for 4 years in the US and have many American friends who more or less agree with me.

And finally, we are all people, no matter the nationality. If I am correct Lao Dzu (spelling?) has said "Where patriotism starts, intelligence ends". Think about it.

EDIT: Another interesting part of the Q&A section was when Ahmadinejad was asked whether he would stop funding terrorists. Of course, he answered that Iran does not support terrorist organizations (what answer do you expect to such a question?). More interestingly though, he alluded to US funding Al Qaeda and staging terrorist attacks in Iran

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Jgruh4e]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
if your bashing our government. thats fine by me. as long as you dont bash me im good

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
oops i ment smiley face

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join