It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well put, Novus! I completely agree.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Until then, WE'RE the terrorists - not them.

Novus, you cannot be more accurate about the subject.

From outside U.S. it may be a LITTLE easier to see the real story, because of the lesser influence of N-american media on us. I´m not saying we are not influenced, WE ARE. But I think because we don´t live in the american regime (though very similar) many of us have clear view of things. Some ARE blinded, of course, and it´s (coincidence?) almost always those people who have no interest in changing the world´s status quo.
No news about this...

sixsofar, you cannot be more wrong about what you said.
People who "hate" Bush or the United States Gov, don´t hate the PEOPLE.
Okay, maybe there are a few crazy men who does hate everything, but that´s not a "general feeling"... oh no!
What most of people feel for the americans is sorry, actually.
The main thing we hate is the ideas behind the ptb.
A dead George Bush would not help the world more than a powerless George Bush.

What we, from outside, really want to see is the AMERICAN PEOPLE (not the politicians, not the media, not the perps, et cetera) to open their eyes, stand up for themselves, and remove the CANCER wich has polluted this great country: The United States of America.

Sorry for the mistakes in grammar and stuff.... I have to practice more...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All I want to know is did he bring any of those awesome sweet and salty pistachios with him?! Man, I wish we could get those in the States rather than the inferior California ones we're forced to have here. We gotta let up on sanctions at least so we can get a boatload of those here! Awesome, man, just awesome. Can't stop at just one....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I can't believe the opinion people have of Ahmadinejad. Too much Fox news network I think.

Ahmadinejad has stated many times that Iran has no desire to obtain nukes, nor does his country have any expansionist, Israel invading/destroying, desires.

Calling him freaking insane is completely narrow minded.

He is a calm, collected and intelligent man. Just because you and fox news don't agree with what he says doesn't not make him insane.

I, for one, require information from various sources before passing judgment on any issue/person.

Here is a link to an article.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Please point out to me something that indicates this man is insane.

Found a nice one here.....

This is somebody who is the president of a country that is probably the greatest sponsor - state sponsor - of terrorism," Ms Rice told the cable TV channel CNBC in an interview.

Man that is a gem. No wonder American's have such warped visions of Iran with the secretary of state making absurd claims like that.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
“Iran will not attack any country,” Ahmadinejad told The Associated Press. Iran has always maintained a defensive policy, not an offensive one, he said, and has “never sought to expand its territory.”

Asked whether he beleved the U.S. is preparing for war, he responded: “That is not how I see it ... I believe that some of the talk in this regard arises first of all from anger. Secondly, it serves the electoral purposes domestically in this country. Third, it serves as a cover for policy failures over Iraq.”

Flame away, but I think the guy is spot on.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim356

I agree, spot on

I'd like to see Bush debate Ahmadinejad....without an ear piece.

Bush would get roasted in such a debate, and would more than likely resort to making constant points about 9/11, and making constant accusations that Iran is full of terrorists.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

I'd like to see Bush debate Ahmadinejad....without an ear piece.

Bush would get roasted in such a debate, and would more than likely resort to making constant points about 9/11, and making constant accusations that Iran is full of terrorists.

Oh dear friend, wouldn´t we all love that?

Imagine how fearfull [insert any perp's name here] would be if that was announced...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I just don't see why people are making such a big deal out of his visit in the first place. I wish people would stop making such a fuss out of things and just live and let live.

By the way - GO PACK!!! That was an awesome game to watch yesterday!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

I think the big deal is that the enemy is on American soil. Would TPB even think about letting Bushie go to IRAN?
If only people would listen with an open mind....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
and I mean that as a generalization, not specifically tied to anything said by either leader. Just stop having such tunnel-vision.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The real question is why is Ahmadinejad the enemy?
There is no reason he should be such. Sure many countries don't agree with all his policies, but nor do they agree with China's or Russia's.
He is just the leader of a country.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I think that its very possible that he will be executed by someone.

Lol, that will not happen. Strange how all of us think.

For me they should of let him goto ground zero in an official way. But its americas sacred site, so i assume some may be pissed of.

[edit on 9/24/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim356

So how do you make an enemy a friend? We have world leaders visit the US all the time. It's not like he's going to come over here with a nuke strapped to his chest and bomb the place.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I for one applaud the man. Coming into the US and facing some fierce hatred / opposition and trying to open the lines of communication. I really think his speach and Q&A session is going to calm down the situation and tensions with Iran. I hope it does.

I also agree with Novus's earlier posts. You're spot on man. I wish I could get some audio on this computer at work so I could listen to the live feed. *sighs*

Also - if you guys haven't checked foxnews, maybe you should. I can't believe they have the headline "WORLD WAR III" on their main page. What are they trying to say with a headline like that?
Makes me wonder sometimes.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's weird.
When you click on the WWIII headline on the fox site, it actually brings you to a decent news article.
There isn't as many of Fox's biased opinions in there as I thought there would be.
That being said, I'm going to go read some other articles about his visit and see how many facts were twisted.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
im reading the article fox nes headlined as world war 3 . the leader of iran asked why do the palistinians have to pay for the halocoaust on the jews. i didnt know the halocaust and the jews displaced the the palistinians from there lands. im not trying to ba an ass. but what does the halocaust have to do with palistine. im serious i dont know some one please shed some light on that for me

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

zeeon, actually it says "WORD WAR III". Note that it's WORD not WORLD.
I saw it too and initially thought it said world.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by irbilly

The UN, to put it in basic terms, took the land Palestine was made up of, and created Israel after the Holocaust event.

Look at this image:

That's how the Holocaust and Palestine are connected.

Which brings us back to why Israel has a right to exist, but Palestine does not.

I'd be pissed too if my country was stolen from me and given to a people that would establish a government to eventually bombard my people and steal from my people for their own selfish needs and wants.

[edit on 9/24/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

hey hey - good eye. I swear I thought it said world war III.
Thanks for the clairification.

To the above poster wondering about palestein and the holocaust -
After WWII (and the holocaust), the jewish people decided they needed a nation to stay protected, and formed a nation. The nation of Isreal.
They decided, along with US help, to go back to their 'holy land' of jersualem and the west bank. However, in doing so, they displaced the Palestinians, whom had been living their for quite some time (I think a couple hundred years, but I could be wrong).

The issue is that what gives the nation of israel any right to displace palestien? Yeah, the holocaust was horrible, and the jewish people DO have a right for peace and protection - but at what cost?

I, personally, do not understand nor enjoy the fact that the United states is aligned with Israel. I wish we would sever our political ties with them and let them handle their own situation. I also personally feel that the land belonged to Palestien, and it should be returned to them. I think Europe should provide some land for the jewish nation, seeings how the holocaust took place in europe. Seems alot more logical to me than wanting to go back to your holy land that you haven't been in for the last hundred years - and killing those who were already there.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
everyone beat me to the explanation, I took too long to type I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join