It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Frankly, the US allowed the UN to be HQ'd within its boundaries...

Which means, if you lot don't like it...Demand your nation not be part of the UN...You cannot have it both ways...

Your nation has been spreading misery and suffering throughout the ME the last 11 yrs or so, without any nation within the ME posing a DIRECT threat to your nation...

And you're up in arms over a president of a sovereign nation addressing the UN ???!!!

Grow the hell up already...

He didn't start this, you did...In order to sustain your obscene consumption based economy...

Too bad if you don't like a foreign leader who doesn't fit with your pathetic "we are the greatest nation in the world, screw everyone else..."

It's his right...The UN has rules, so get over yourselves and accept it and let the man speak...

And this time we might have a valid interpreter coining his words into english...Not like the last year or two when his words have been grossly mis interpreted to suit the ends of the US or the Isreali's...

The bleatings of the anti-muslim crowd on this board (99% from the US)) has appalled me recently...

You lot fail to understand it was your own government that killed 3000+ people on 9/11, yet you continue to look for a scapegoat...

That's a sad indictment on a ONCE great nation...Not any more...Laughing stock of the world...

Either change, or suffer the fallout...

The choice is yours...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

So I'll reverse it on you - you say he's freaking insane. So - based on what?

Based on many of his remarks... He wants to "blow Israel off the map." He keeps threatening the U.S... et cetera...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

EXACTLY!

Well put

That'd actually be interesting if he joined. Other world leaders too.

But yes, freedom of speech is freedom of speech for everyone.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

And you're up in arms over a president of a sovereign nation addressing the UN ???!!!

No, "buddy," I'm "up in arms" about him being permitted to speak at a National University... Get your story straight... Thank ya...

You lot fail to understand it was your own government that killed 3000+ people on 9/11, yet you continue to look for a scapegoat...

Please do show VERIFIABLE proof....

[edit on 24-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Based on many of his remarks... He wants to "blow Israel off the map."

That was a mis-translation

He keeps threatening the U.S... et cetera...

They're threatening us?

Who has fleets of Naval ships in the Persian Gulf? Who is passing legislation to use nuclear weapons against the other? Who is sponsoring groups inside the other nation to create civil unrest?

Iran is defending itself. We're the one on the offensive. Iran is no threat to us, yet we're just waiting for the opportunity to bomb them.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You "invite" him into your country, then go hassle the institution who decided to have him speak here...Don't sprout this stuff on here...

It's irrelevant...

Then again, maybe you'd prefer kids in grades under high school to learn creationist theory by default ???

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Based on many of his remarks... He wants to "blow Israel off the map."

That was a mis-translation

Then why don't you show me what he really said? I don't just want some slobs translations either. I want verifiable evidence that that was a mis-translation of what he said, dialectics, the whole bit.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You "invite" him into your country, then go hassle the institution who decided to have him speak here...Don't sprout this stuff on here...

It's irrelevant...

Then again, maybe you'd prefer kids in grades under high school to learn creationist theory by default ???

What the hell does creationism have to do with this? Don't bring your false diversions to the argument. Fact is, I think it is pathetic that Columbia University would not let a TRUE, American speak at their university, yet, they let scum like this speak there... It goes to show you how far America has fallen.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I can tell you are one of those pro-American Government no matter what the facts, people.

You probably think you are a patriot for being like that - but you're not.

Government and country are separate. I hope you realize that.

So have fun with your delusional view of the world.

I'm not going to participate in this escalating argument.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Novus, I see you would rather attack personally than show evidence for what you say. I have to say though, I'm not surprised.

By the way, Dallas Cowboys

Wins 3

Losses: 0

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think a lot of the things that are said about him are false.

Really? Based on what? What has this freak said or done in the last two years to make you doubt any of the accusations against him? The guy is freaking insane...

Speakeroftruth you have not the monopole of truth. What you think about the Iranian president is base on your opinion nourished by one view media.
It is only half truth that you have on him which make you believe that this person has no right for speaking or presenting he's view. I will not decipher why the Iranian President has the right to speak, because it as been discus in many other post related to this one.
The founder the Minuteman has allegedly accepted money from a White supremacy and neo nazy group to run for the House 2005, then maybe this is why he's platform to speak was cut short...?
But again he has denied allowing racist money in to the project.
Truth or half truth... your reality will be tolled by the media you choose.

Kacou

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
NOM...I was going to reply to said person based on many posts....Some yours, some mine, some others...

However....This poster smacks to me of someone who served time and didn't get the authority over others he expected (cover your short dic* with a gun syndrome)

OR...He got beat up a lot by his over lings in his combat role it reduced his self esteem to nought, so he needs to project himself on a board like this...

Maybe there is a third or forth combo of these things, I don't know...I'll leave it up to others to work this out...

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Fact is, I think it is pathetic that Columbia University would not let a TRUE, American speak at their university, yet, they let scum like this speak there... It goes to show you how far America has fallen.

Please explain what constitutes a 'TRUE american'.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

“Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to ‘wipe Israel off the map’ because no such expression exists in Persian.
Academic blogger Juan Cole, offered the accurate translation below:
“The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).”
Of course, neo-cons, foolishly and intentionally interpreted Ahmadinejad’s speech as a call for genocide.

kacou

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

SpeakerofTruth, where does your hatred of Ahmadinejad come from? Do you also feel the same way about Iran in general? I'm not judging you or attacking you. Just curious to hear why you feel the way you do.

Ahmadinejad is the popularly elected president of a country who is currently at odds with the USA. Does that make him scum?

His supposed statement of wiping Israel off the map was actually a misinterpreted one. The aim of what he actually said was that he hopes to see the Israeli regime collapse. There's more about that here: en.wikipedia.org...

Does his speaking out against the Bush administration make him such a terrible person? If that is the case, then a great number of Americans would also fall into that category.

Read more about him here: en.wikipedia.org...

Sure, he has some shortcomings as far as his progress within the Iranian country, but, in my opinion, they could have a president who is far worse than him.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 24-9-2007 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
Ahmadinejad has stated before, some time ago, that he doesn't have any ill feelings towards American citizens. It's the government he doesn't like.

That's what everybody says but it's a load of politically correct CRAP. People who hate this country do not merely hate George Bush, they hate America all together. It's the entire country in general that people can't stand, it's hardly just the government.

And I about fell out of my chair when I learned Ahmadinejad was coming here to this country. And to top it off, he'll be speaking publically at a University?!? Geesh why not have Hugo Chavez, Bin Laden and Castro come also, they could all have a nice big conference together and talk about how much they hate our government "but not it's citizens"...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sixsofar

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
Ahmadinejad has stated before, some time ago, that he doesn't have any ill feelings towards American citizens. It's the government he doesn't like.

That's what everybody says but it's a load of politically correct CRAP. People who hate this country do not merely hate George Bush, they hate America all together. It's the entire country in general that people can't stand, it's hardly just the government.

And I about fell out of my chair when I learned Ahmadinejad was coming here to this country. And to top it off, he'll be speaking publically at a University?!? Geesh why not have Hugo Chavez, Bin Laden and Castro come also, they could all have a nice big conference together and talk about how much they hate our government "but not it's citizens"...

You are wrong about everything you typed here. During 9/11 I know of noone who didnt sat in shock in front of the TV. I personally dont have a easy time showing feelings, but I had tears in my eyes, so that will have to do. It was quite a trauma for the entire world to watch that happen. And maybe you are not ready to accept the truth yet, but 9/11 was a inside job by your government. You are hating the wrong people.

The only reason you think americans are hated is because you are listening to Fox News and other very biased sources. They WANT you to think that, because then you become just another puppy, easy to control with fear tactics. Many people dislike the lying sacks of crap in the current US government, but they bring it on themselfs by not respecting other countries and attacking and killing in the name of greed and profit.

And you may have fell out of your chair when you heard about the Iranian president coming to the US, but do you realize why thats such a foreign concept to you? Once again, because your news media tells you lies. They want you to think of Iranians (or whatever the new target is) as insane terrorists. If you read the transcript of the speech and judge the man on what he says, maybe you get a more accurate view of him?

Dont be a dummy, educate yourself and realize you are being lied to. Find out about other countries with curiosity and respect.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have one question about Ahmadenijad: why is he threatening America with Iran's military strength and coming over here at the same time? Is it for diplomacy? Is it for Iranian propoganda, in other words, to prove his opinions about the Holocaust and Israel is right? It would be the same as Hitler coming to America during WW2 and speaking at Columbia University about his opinions. To me, Ahmadenijad is a hater and can't accept Israel's right to exist. You don't see Egypt or Saudi Arabia showing genocidal hatred towards Israel.

Israel became a state in 1949. Why is hatred toward Israel happening more frequent now by extremist leaders like Ahmadenijad?

edit for grammar

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Israel's right to exist? What about Palestine's right to exist? Do you know what nation existed there before Israel? I'll give you one guess...

What about Israel's nuclear stockpile?

So let me get this straight..

Israel can have nukes, and bomb others' lands, raid their lands, bomb their infrastructure, kill and capture their families, and exist in land that is not theirs, and it's all in the name of their existence and their defense..

But the second ANYONE in the Middle East responds, and launches that counter attack, or captures Israelis, or bombs Israeli land, they're terrorists?

Is the whole Middle East supposed to submit to Israeli needs and wants? Is that how it works? Is that what the world should be like? If you're supported by the United States, you can have anything you want, and it doesn't matter how many innocents die - but if you aren't supported by the US, and you don't submit to the world domination goals of the US, then you're a terrorist and you can be killed and paraded on national TV like a worthless sack of garbage?

Israel constantly bombs others' lands, backs coups, meddles in other nations' affairs, has nuclear weapons, and threatens it's neighbors, and they're the good guys? Because Middle Eastern nations want to defend themselves, which supposedly is what Israel wants to do, they're terrorists?

How about we stop being such damn hypocrites? Who the hell said Israel can have nuclear weapons while others are shut out from having them? Who the hell said Israel has a right to exist, but Palestine doesn't? Who the hell said Israel can launch military offensives at whomever they choose, and those targeted cannot respond without being labeled terrorists?

You people need to get this completely fabricated view of the world out of your head's. The United States and Israel aren't the chosen rulers of the world. Everybody doesn't have to submit to the power of those nations. Everybody doesn't have to go along with what those two say. Believe it or not, they have a right to defend themselves just as we do.

We stay out of their politics, we stop occupying their land, we stop bombing their families, and we start talking to them, and we start trading with them, and we start recognizing their existence and their basic rights as human beings, and perhaps we'll start actually accomplishing something in the peace department rather than the war department.

Until then, WE'RE the terrorists - not them.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So I'll reverse it on you - you say he's freaking insane. So - based on what?

Based on many of his remarks... He wants to "blow Israel off the map." He keeps threatening the U.S... et cetera...

You sound like a Fox News fan. How can you possibly understand his statement? Do you speak Farsi? How can you say he is insane when he has repeditely mentioned that he doesn't desire any war between the US and Iran. In fact he agrees with a civil dialogue and political solution. Mr. Mahmood doesn’t agree with the existence of the Israel state because he believes that this Holocaust problem should’ve been solved in Germany, and not in Palestine where people were forced to become refugees and shed blood for their land.

Illgl Immgnt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join