It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Favre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What can you say? Today he ties the all time TD pass record playing the Chargers, who were supposedly going to be one of the best teams in the league.

And he does it with absolutely no running game at all. None. I was at the game and the Packers did not even attempt to run it. They just said to the Chargers, "here's The Old Man, and he's going to throw it at you all damn day long. Almost every play. Good luck."

Something special might be happening in Green Bay. The defense is really tough, and after struggling the last two years, Favre has looked very, very, very good the last two weeks. It's fun to see him checking off at the line, throwing it all over the field, and running down after a touchdown pass to congratulate his receivers.

Awesome game. My ears are ringing and I foolishly let the left side of my head become brutally sunburned from the sun crossing that side of the field.

I don't mind a bit.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Congrats to Favre on tying the TD record!
Congrats to the Packers for a 3-0 start.
Great days to be a packer fan!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope they can keep this going. Brett deserves at least one last playoff game, if this is his last season. But the NFC is so bad, with the exception of a few teams, like the Cowboys or Seahawks, a Super Bowl trip for the Packers really isn't out of the question if they maintain health and consistency.

That would be nice to see. Favre goes out on top. I can't imagine a better way to retire.

The San Diego game was a statement game, I think. They let the league know that they're for real this year after that improvement last year.

I wasn't confident after that Week 1 win against the Eagles. I thought it was a garbage win that could have gone either way. Then they really opened up on the Giants in the second half in Week 2, and they continued that against the Chargers in Week 3. Hopefully they've found their stride.

I'd say they need a run game to pick up, but Brett is playing so well, I'm not so sure they need one all that bad. I hope Wynn and Jackson can handle the load, because I'm not looking forward to Morency coming back. He's not all that great. It's good to see Jennings back as well.

Defense looks sharp as well. Although they gave up some passes, to Gates especially, that they shouldn't have. But I guess you just gotta tip your hat to the Chargers on that one, because it is Gates after all. You can't stop players like that all the time.

So yeah, I think they look good and have a real shot in the NFC if they can keep this going.

Go Pack!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My guess is the all time TD pass record falls today, but not the all time INT. record.

And that's all I have to say about that!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bingo. That didn't take long. I feel lucky to have followed his career and watch him throw probably 400 of those TDs. I don't miss too many Packer games.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Congratulations Brett! Big win! 4-0!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Bingo. That didn't take long. I feel lucky to have followed his career and watch him throw probably 400 of those TDs. I don't miss too many Packer games.

Same here...isn't it amazing that in his first year or two, people were screaming for Ty Detmer to take over 'cause Favre was doin' a little too much gun slinging? I'm really glad Holmgren and Ron Wolf had confidence in Favre, if it wasn't for them sticking with him and working with him, Favre probably would have ended up a traveling back-up QB his entire career. Congrats to the most enjoyable player to play the game in a long time...or possibly ever. GO PACK GO!!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Go Packers!
Hats off to Brett Favre for breaking the all time TD and attempts record today!
And also for going 4-0.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
so can Favre thank the pain meds for allowing him to break the mark? Just curious...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Favre is the best quarterback to ever play the game…there…I said it. Not only because of his skills on the field, but also because of his character off the field. He's a truly great man who loves playing the game for the game, not the contracts. I respect Favre as much as I ever have any athlete in any sport. Congratulations to a HOF QB.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Today is Brett Favre's 38th birthday. He still moves around pretty well for an "old man", and still has the rocket arm.

Barring injury, he could easily play a couple more years, and with the good young players around him, continue to play at a high level.

The Pack needs to bounce back from Monday's Bear game, and beat the living daylights out of the Redskins this Sunday.

I

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by acegotflows

What are you implying? (if anything at all)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok,this is a few days late,but I need to get this out.....
Why why why did he throw that ball??! Damn damn Urlacher!
And even worse damn damn James Jones's hands! :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Yeah, all of that was bad...but what I thought was worse was the play calling in the 2nd half. We totally crawled into a shell. Like Madden and Michaels said, "Both teams are playing not to lose, rather than playing to win." We basically quit attacking and went conservative. I think that angered me more than anything. We all know Favre is prone to throw those balls, and Jones is a rookie that (hopefully) will learn from what happened. The coaches, however, should know better.....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey congrats again on yet another record!

All be it the record for most interceptions thrown,ah wait nevermind...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Brett is my all time favorite QB. He has great talent and is a class act. He speaks for himself.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Add another record for Favre.
Today he joined Manning and Brady as the only QBs who've beaten all 31 other teams in the NFL.

new topics

top topics

join