It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Man in Black

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When I was very young I used to have a reoccurring dream. In the dream I was at my grandmothers house and a lot of people where there. It was night and the lights in the house were on. All of the adults (remember I was a young child) were going about their business and I noticed that there was a man dressed all in black (he had a black hat, shirt, pants and cape but I never saw his face) outside trying to get into the house. He would walk around the house looking thru the windows and glass door and keep trying to open them and get in. I was terrified.

I had this dream all of the time and I still think about it today. Could this have been a demon or some sort or did I just have a wild imagination?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Perhaps you'd just seen an episode of Zorro..

I used to have a recurring dream with me being chased by a towel bin like you'd find in a locker room. I didn't read to far into it.

I'd have to say you have an active imagination.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Actually, no. I never watched zorro as a child. In my dream I was very scared of this man. In my dream I thought he was evil. I would have this dream so many times.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sounds like it was just a dream but it could have greater symbolic significance. Dreams have this annoying habit of disguising real life issues as strange and sometimes indecipherable occurances.

You found this frightening even though you said the house was full of people?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yes I did. As far as symbolism goes, I started having this dream about 5 or so and had it for years. What could it have been?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

This dream started when you were about 5 years old?

How old are you now & have you had this dream non-stop (like once a week)? The only reason why i am asking is because the study of dreams in children from ages average 4-12 that i am quoting,though it can last much longer...even go away & come back & late teens or when in your in 20's/30's years of age group.

Although the frequency of certain types of fears, worries, and dreams were found to change across age groups (e.g., the prevalence of fears and scary dreams pertaining to imaginary creatures decreased with age, whereas worry about test performance increased with age), the top intense fears, worries, and scary dreams remained relatively unchanged across age levels. An examination of the origins of these common anxiety phenomena showed that for fears and scary dreams, information was the most commonly reported pathway, whereas for worry, conditioning experiences were more prominent.

Any bad experience that could have happened to you - you may have in your sub consciousness (stored) ..i am not saying you were "molested" but sometimes real bad experiences that occurred when we were young we hide so far away ..though never forgotten.We can dream about it or have night terrors..or one day seeing something that memory will be as clear as daylight ..like a de javu that kicks in.

Oh yes,you could have seen something that really terrified you ..something has done so,be it human or spirit/demon.For this i can only recommend professional help or so if someone here can help you to stop having this dream..if you feel it's evil nothing good can come of it.

If i may ask ..Do you believe in God? If you do have a chat with Him..if you mean it He will give it

Be back to read up ,the best to you!!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am in my 30s now and I haven't had that dream since i was a child but it terrified me so much that i still remember it. i don't recall anything happening but I guess that was the point of your post.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I continually have had a dream kind of similar to that. However in my dream I'm not really scared, I'm more disgusted and infuriated than anything.

In the dream I am in my grandmother's dining room and like you it is packed with people and food. The party is ruined though because in the two variations of the dream either my dead grandfather or dead cousin are warmly greeted with hugs. They are always rotten and smelling foul. I am yelling that they are supposed to be dead and everyone always ignores me or gets beligerent.
This dreams pisses me off to no end and the dead relative is always looking at me as if I am in the wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sounds like symbolism to me. The man in black is the atypical sign of evil trying to "get at" you and your family. I wouldn't put much store in it as it was probably just the nightmare of a child. Since it scared you so much, it kept coming back, as you never forgot it.

I remember as a child, my brother and I both having numerous nightmares and many of them repeated themselves. My one friend always had a nightmare of a man in a raincoat and boots outside the house waiting to get him. It was the image of a man on the show "Unsolved Mysteries" that he had seen, who had murdered someone. I used to dream all the time when I was young about people trying to rob and murder my family and I was their only defense because I was the only one who heard them break in.

You probably got the idea of this man in black from something you saw as a child and your mind interpreted it as evil. You were trying to save your family from the evil. Pretty common actually.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey I read your story earlier and found it very interesting, I hadn't thought about it for a while but I had a personal experience of my own with a dark figure wearing a black hat and a cape. I was about 10 years old and I was quite a restless sleeper the slightest jitter would wake me. I awoke one night to see a shadowy figure (Large man, I'd say about 7-8', black down coat, black hat, cap almost seemed to be flowing) roaming my outter hallway, I'd awake often for the same reason because of my parents and brothers would sometimes be up late. But instantly when I saw this "man", I was immediatly terrified like I couldn't move or yell mom, I never got this startled when it was a family member, the energy in the air almost seemed still. I finally gained my bounds and pulled my blanket over my head, I'm not sure what happened next all I know is I awoke and it was morning. I asked my family if anyone was up late the night before, they told me no... I still can't figure out what it was, was I dreaming; almost lucid? I'd like feedback please reply, thanks guys.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

My husband had that same exact description of that ghost man attack him when he was a very small child-around 2 to 4. I have heard other accounts of this thing and it always seems to go after children. I dont know what it is, but it would be great to see who does.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting anyone else have any similar experience?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is also an interesting story I found on google, it depicts an old woman who sees a man in black twice in her life time: Once as a child, and again as an older woman. The man warns her by pointing both times in this story; sounds to me kind of like a "mothman" type scenario. Although my encounter terrified me, she also described the man as being creepy or weird. An maybe it was nothing but maybe I wasn't supposed to get outta bed that night in my encounter (it was it's intention to scare the f*ck outta me); maybe it'll come around again at an older age. Who knows lol, weird similarity to the supposed "bringer of chaos".

The Story: Man in Black

new topics

top topics

join