It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base in or near Alice Springs Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I found this interesting.

I was reading about a spy satellite operation in Australia on Earthfiles. I decided to look for it on Google and noticed this patch of area blackend out. Do you think this could be it?

Put this in Google

23°44'15.52"S 133°51'20.01"E

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't think its blacked out at all, I believe that to be water!, the area is the same colour as the lake below it.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

Oops, my bad....

Sorry. I guess I should clean my glasses off.

But I took a double look and it just does not look like water to me. I guess I must be pretty bad at identifying satellite images. It just looks air brushed to me.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

[edit on 9/23/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Try here

It's called Pine Gap.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
Try here

It's called Pine Gap.

LMAO

Well your kinda close, except that is of a signal station in Western Australia. Pine Gap is situated in Alice Springs which is in the Northern Territory.

You can view Pine Gap here: PINE GAP - GOOGLE MAPS

There is nothing blanked out that i can tell, if you look closely you can even make out hidden missile silos surrounding the complex.

The military facility at Pine Gap is the largest CIA facility outside the US.

"This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States
Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space
Research Facility.

Pine Gap is a military Spy Communications Base originally US Territory however it is now apparently a Joint Australian/US Base.

It is also an integral part of the proposed US National Missile Defence (NMD) scheme.

"It is said that under Pine Gap is the deepest drilling hole in
Australia - about 5 miles (more than 8,000 meters). Such a hole is
likely used as an underground antenna able to recharge the batteries
of submarines in the Pacific and Indian Ocean through ELF
broadcasts. Such a gigantic antenna could be used to generate the
gigantic stationary wave around the Earth.

Pine Gap is one of the largest and most technologically advanced satellite ground stations in the world. There are 26 satellite antennas at the base; 14 of which are covered by white radomes. Pine Gap employs 876 people (428 Americans and, 448 Australians). The key US agencies involved are the National Reconnaissance Office (which designs, constructs and operates US intelligence collection satellites), the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kazzrip

There is nothing blanked out that i can tell, if you look closely you can even make out hidden missile silos surrounding the complex.

You lost me here. I have been looking closely. Maybe its just me, but Im not seeing these "hidden missile silos" as easily as you are.

Perhaps you'd like to post the exact Google Earth Coordinates to each of these "silos."

CT

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It seems there are some pretty large chunks of Australia where the detail just isn't avalable for some reason. How often do the sats update?

I didn't see much at the coordinates posted and what I did see I suspect is a mine rather than Pine Gap. So then I went looking for an area north-east of Wycliffe Well where I saw something odd one night (the story is in my intro post). I found Tennant Creek, then started following the highway south but didn't get far when I started getting "Sorry the resolution you request is unavailable at this time, try zooming out for a wider view" message. This undetailed area begins north of Wycliffe and west of the highway but a bit further south it spreads across the highway and extends well east. North-south, the fuzzy area would cover a good 200km, by my reckoning.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Pine Gap is also used for Over the Horizon Radar - mainly to scan South east Asia.

As for the missing parts of Australia all I can say is: "There ain't a whole lot out there".

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'll agree there isn't a whole lot to see in most of the interior, but you'd think they'd at least put the one and only north-south highway through the middle of the country on there. At the very least, all the towns. Yet Wycliffe Well is smack in the middle of this fuzzy zone. Odder still, go west of the highway a bit to where there is literally nothing to see, and the detail comes good.

For those that don't know, Wycliffe Well's claim to fame is "The UFO capital of Australia", Google it to see the 'family' of greys and their saucer parked out front of the servo.

The other reason I'm particularly interested in this area is what I saw near there in the late 90's. I should mention I currently hold a student pilots license (SPL) so I'm reasonably familiar with conventional aircraft lighting. What I saw was only a "light in the sky" but it wasn't any conventional aircraft that I've ever seen. Furthermore, it was in a vertical descent, as in 90 degree approach angle. Controlled descent, I should add, it certainly wasn't falling out of the sky. And lastly, the oddest thing of all. A slight glow from the ground seemed to spread until it looked like there was a a large town just behind the hills, the light dropped down behind the hills, then the glow just seemed to shrink back in and disappear. If I didn't know better, I'd swear the ground just opened up and swallowed whatever it was.

Like I said in my intro post, my father (who was travelling with me) and myself didn't think too much of it untill we ran into a film crew a long way south next morning. At first I though it was a speed trap so I was relieved when it was only a news crew, we had no idea that they were doing a report on the same object we saw becuase the two locations are over 1000km apart. When we arrived home and saw the UFO report on the front page of the paper though, that was when it really got me thinking. Apparently the southern sighting was a lot more spectacular, involving multiple UFO's and witnesses.

One last thing, (and this is a nearly 10 year old memory only) the times didn't add up to me. We saw our 'light' only about 10 minutes after the time reported for the southern sighting and I don't know of any conventional aircraft that can cover that distance in that time, certainly not at such a low altitude.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you're interested, the coocrdinates are 20 19' 59.60"S 134 13' 39.43"E
At around 13000 ft the difference in picture quality becomes obvious.

Anyone have any idead how often this thing updates? I just checked my house again and the van that I sold a few years ago is still in my driveway.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I retract my statement about nothing out there.

Just got a memory jog by a friend that lives out there who owns a property with the tallest mountain in NT - Mt Zeil.

This area is indeed strange, as far as Indigenous legends are concerned. Some freaky stuff in the skys at night and humanoid figures running across the road in front of ya!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kazzrip

Originally posted by Snappahead
Try here

It's called Pine Gap.

LMAO

Well your kinda close, except that is of a signal station in Western Australia. Pine Gap is situated in Alice Springs which is in the Northern Territory.

You can view Pine Gap here: PINE GAP - GOOGLE MAPS

The military facility at Pine Gap is the largest CIA facility outside the US.

"This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States
Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space
Research Facility.

Pine Gap is a military Spy Communications Base originally US Territory however it is now apparently a Joint Australian/US Base.

It is also an integral part of the proposed US National Missile Defence (NMD) scheme.

"It is said that under Pine Gap is the deepest drilling hole in
Australia - about 5 miles (more than 8,000 meters). Such a hole is
likely used as an underground antenna able to recharge the batteries
of submarines in the Pacific and Indian Ocean through ELF
broadcasts. Such a gigantic antenna could be used to generate the
gigantic stationary wave around the Earth.

Pine Gap is one of the largest and most technologically advanced satellite ground stations in the world. There are 26 satellite antennas at the base; 14 of which are covered by white radomes. Pine Gap employs 876 people (428 Americans and, 448 Australians). The key US agencies involved are the National Reconnaissance Office (which designs, constructs and operates US intelligence collection satellites), the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency.

This is not a joint facility at all.

The few Australians allowed here are only allowed on the surface. Even if the place was nuked, the Australian Personnel would have to remain on the surface, because Australians as US Allies are expendable Cannon Fodder.

Mind you, at the same time, All Australian bases are required to have US military "liaison" personnel "heh", throughout every level of Security.

All part of Americas NWO I suppose.

Maybe once Bush officially declares his annexation of AU "and we become US citizens", we'll finally be allowed on the bases.

Seriously though, I think it's pretty arrogant & rude of the US to Bully it's own allies & exclude them from everything it dose "even on their own soil".

I really don't have a problem with US bases on my soil, as long as they Treat us like equals, act like allies & share the knowledge. Otherwise they can just bugger right off!!

[edit on 12/15/2007 by Ironclad]

top topics

join