It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military-Industrial Complex is Totally Awesome (northrop recruiting video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A pretty interesting recruitment video for northrop here, fairly low on details, it's a pretty flashy piece, I guess designed to attract the youngsters with it's video game style focus, and catchphrases like "pimp my plane!"

blog.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Did anyone see the F-22 at the beginning of the clip dispersing flares like there is no tomorrow? It looks like it could even give the C-130 and C-17 a run for it's money. Most fighters that I have seen do not dispense at such a rate or scale...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
....where do i sign up...imean incredibly unrealistic like when it shows the plane fly through a little piece of the mountain and the scren flashes red...like this is what happenns when real jets hit stuff..it jsut flashes red..and you keep going

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

I liked the F-22 shooting of the AIM-9 in a high G barrel roll

Its a pretty cool clip and Id love to play the flight sim if it was avalible. But in a real simulatator not a 20" monitor.

If you think about gamer skills will be in demand once UCAVS et al. take to the skies in droves IMHO.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Wasn't much in the way of a recruitment video IMO.

Anyone that is stupid enough to think that is your typical day to day working environment is not worth employing!

That flight simulator looked like a very poor man's lock-on

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, I guess that a video showing a man in front of a drawing board/CAD for 8 hours a day, then being told by his manager they didn't get the contract and half the department is being made redundant, or something like that might be a little more realistic, but it wouldn't make a very good video

A little more info I found was that this is something being developed at Carnegie Mellon University, although it's a little unclear the purpose, a game, a simulator, or what. It appears that video was done when they were about 2 months into development.

I found this video on youtube I quite enjoyed too, uses some of the same clips, just without this 'game', and I felt they tied it to the music better.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
And that, my friends, is how you ensure that your very expensive assets are not taken out like flies!

top topics

join