It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SATs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi everybody. I guess many of you would have at some stage done the SATs. I'm registered for the October exam. However, the SATs have already been a very humbling experience for me. I have attempted several papers and each one only highlights my ignorance and lack of intellectual proficiency. My scores lie in the 1700 and 1800 range, and are troubling me a great deal.
I have begun to analyse my mind in greater depth after the SAT experience. The SATs have made me think about my intellectual ability. I have realised that my mind is incapable of consistent in depth analysis. My vocabulary is highly insufficient. I am not able to achieve perfection even after many attempts. My score is not where I want and need it to be. My mind holds a very high place in my life, and I cannot digest the fact that it is insufficient to the task of doing well in an SAT. I have understood the SAT to be a kind of IQ test of which my results show that my IQ is low.
Has any one else been humbled by an SAT ? Are we naturally built to overestimate our ability and then suddenly be shown our rightful place ?
Is there no way to increase intelligence ?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Your scores are high. why are you trying for perfection?

P.S. Sid, are you living in TEXAS now?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I only took it once and I accepted my grade as it was. I really dont understand these people who take it each and every time its offered at their high school and stress themselves out to the point of a mental breakdown. I had one friend who took it about 4 times.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You don't need a high IQ to make money. Which is your goal in the long run, am I correct? You take the SAT, get accepted in a prestigious university, major in a worthy field of study, excel at it, PROFIT! That's the goal, ain't it?

P.S: The S.A.T top score is 4000 right? I ask because I didn't took the S.A.T, in Puerto Rico we take the College Board exam and that test max score is 4000 which I got a 2985 which is quite good but not genius.

BTW: Did you know Einstein once took some college-major application exam and failed?

"In 1895 Einstein failed an examination that would have allowed him to study for a diploma as an electrical engineer at the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule in Zurich."

www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer_PR

Exactly, you dont need to go to school to be smart or make alot of money.

Look at Bill Gates for example. Billy Joel dident even complete high school and dropped out in his junior year (they gave him an honorary diploma after he became famous).

[edit on 23-9-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The best possible score on the SAT is a 2400, a score achieved by just hundreds of the more than a million students who take the SAT each year.

Sat Scores

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sidd I admire you for wanting to gain more knowledge and to better your ability to logicaly think.

Your question was how to gain knowledge. I would suggest you read and study many subjects. Also do crossword and other puzzels.

IMO there was a time when one person could know everything. I believe that to be impossible now. I would say some of the best advice I ever got was that knowing where to find the answer to every question was the greatest knowledge.

This leads back to reading, reading reading.

Go read young man go read.

new topics

top topics

join