Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

XBOX modders?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Im just about to start my xbox mod. I still need to order the mod chip but that is no problem. The problem is the evolutionx software I need to put on the system. Does anybody have it or know where I can find it?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Have you checked out the info on www.xbox-scene.com? I did not bother installing the chip, since I will never use it online, just had a friend of mine grab all the necessary software and install it on the new HDD. If you have not found it yet, I willl get some more info for you tomorrow

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll check it out. Thanx

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've modded my X-box my self. The X-Box is 99% PC. I mean look at the specs. Celeron 733. 64 megs of DDR, Geforce 3, 10 gig hd. It's a nice little mini computer. if you format the HD you can install Linux no problem. I've used it 4 a time as a Linux server. I've had problems installing a Windows based OS. Seems that that the hardware is hardwired to not except a Windows bases OS. It's even more interesting because the OS that the Xbox runs off is a win 2k kernel. I kind of gave up on it though there are hacking groups that are dedicated to have a X-Box as a cheap alternative to a PC. They have a Linux distribution that will work without modding anything. I've yet to hear of a version of an unmodded windows OS being available.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why ruin it with a MS product. Go Linux!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Simple for games. People buy an Xbox for games. Why not use it for PC based games

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I find playing sports games on my PC a bit cumbersome, no real good controllers, unlike that of the Xbox. FPS games, gimme my PC...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have a controller for my comp that exactly resembles a PS2 controller...it even rumbles.

Man I never knew that you could install an os on an X-box...I have to say i am extremely disappointed with myself for selling it.

new topics

top topics

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def