It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manditory Road Test Every Ten Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wouldn't the roads be so much safer if everyone had to re-take their road test every ten years? And then maybe it could be every five years for people over 60. I think it would get rid of a lot of dangerous older drivers that really shouldn't be on the road. Many of them are afraid to step on the gas when necessary. Every time I'm stuck behind a senior and trying to get on the expressway, I almost get into accidents. Apparently the term "acceleration ramp" means nothing to them.:bnghd:

So what do you all think? Is manditory road test re-takes a good or bad idea?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It sounds good in concept but in all actuality wouldn't do very much to get the idiot drivers off the road. The testers are so lenient that if you can manage to get out and back without hitting anything, you'll probably pass the test. Even more leniency is given to elderly drivers in consideration of their decreased reflexes.

As an aside, I can remember taking Driver's Ed. in school and there was this one guy in our group that actually ran out of the road, bounced over a curb and was going to plow straight through a fence but the instructor used his passenger side break to stop the car just in time. And yes as you may have guessed... the guy was passed through the course without incident, the instructor merely told him to "be more careful".

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Acesinthehole would you please back up what you are suggesting with some statstics?

Tell us what age group has the most accidents.

Why does it cost more to insure younger drivers?

What age group has the least accidents?

I am 60 and you would do well just keeping up with me on the road.
I drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra that runs liike a scalded dog and a 1973 Harley Davidson Sportster that has been rebuilt to fit my small size. I ride it like I stole it.

All my friends my age drive over the speed limit too.

We old people don't have much time left so we have to get where we are going faster.

I sincerely hope you live to be old.......it's great.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Well I'll be!

I wish there were more older folks like you around here.

I hope when I'm older I'm enjoyin life as much as you, thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
god having to do a driving test every 10 years would drive me insane... not the sorta thing i am into... once ok twice fine but not more than that..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I dont know about every 10 years,but I think all seniors should be tested at least once more.
Nothing against the older generation,but as they get up in years,the motor skills are going to lessen.
Which will cause more accidents.
Somewhere between 60-70 would be good(IMO).

top topics

join